Leeds fan in a nervous state

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have a better record against the top 7 then anyone else lol.

And pre yesterday against the top half to (dont know if we still do, possibly.

You have found a way to defend well recently, credit for that.

But to say we beat fodder is wrong, if the league was decided on who beats the better teams then we would be well in front.

As things stand the top 7 are Norwich, Us, Leeds, WBA, Middlesbrough, Aston Villa and PNE.

We have taken 20 points from those teams. You have taken 17.

However, we have played 11 games and you have played only 10.

We both have to play away at Preston. Your additional game is at home to Aston Villa. Not sure I'd want to be playing them at the moment, but that match is quite a long way off and their form may have dipped by then.

But I do agree that you definitely don't just beat fodder!

Just have to check our record against the top sides, its better then you or Blades.

Irrelevant if true, we all have to play the same teams twice and the teams with the most points from those 46 fixtures win the league.

Leeds have been the third best team in the league this season because that's what the league table shows.

If you look at the top 10 it correlates perfectly with the number of defeats. We've lost 6 games so we are top, the Blades have lost 8 games so they are second, and you have lost 9 games so you are third.

Hope Sheffield United take second because they seem less entitled than Leeds fans... and would be nice to see little Billy Sharp get a few games in the Premier League for his hometown club.

Nobody in this country wants to see Patrick Bamford flopping big time in the Premier League for a 5th time.

Irrelevant if true, we all have to play the same teams twice and the teams with the most points from those 46 fixtures win the league.

Leeds have been the third best team in the league this season because that's what the league table shows.

If you look at the top 10 it correlates perfectly with the number of defeats. We've lost 6 games so we are top, the Blades have lost 8 games so they are second, and you have lost 9 games so you are third.

Hope Sheffield United take second because they seem less entitled than Leeds fans... and would be nice to see little Billy Sharp get a few games in the Premier League for his hometown club.

Nobody in this country wants to see Patrick Bamford flopping big time in the Premier League for a 5th time.
It's not true we have taken more points off the current top 7 than them

You write fairly objectively mate. Yesterday's game was a close one, you had a few decent chances, we had fewer, but our discipline was superb. Sharp was a difference for us, his all round play gave us an edge that seems to have gone overlooked in some quarters.

Really like Hernandez for you, a clever player that all teams need. Thought Alioski played well too.

I'm not getting too carried away as it's still very close, but for us, coming to your ground, it was a great and deserved result. Just when it mattered your guys seemed to turn off and we poached a goal out of nothing, says volumes about Wilder and what he's instilled in his players.

Nice reading your posts mate, and apart from wanting the Blades to get promoted, I hope you lot manage to get there too.
Thanks, i do try to on the threads i do on other teams forums (isn't always easy):D

Could do with reading before posting occasionally:rolleyes:

Dont mind Sharp tbh, he was a bit niggling at times, ran his studs down the back of Janssons leg i seem to remember early on, shouldn't have been booked though for what he was, he just happens to be a small man who was trying to hold the ball up and did catch Jansson with his head, dont think it was intentional. He did very well to retain possession and find Basham tbf to him.

Hernandez is a joy and if his teammates saw the game as he does we'd be miles ahead, but few players at this level do, no shame in that, Hernandez has played at the highest level, you can see it with his speed of thought. Ali is my favourite player (as you can tell) and has been our best player imo this calendar year, pleased for him as he was our scapegoat for so long to some.

Its a great mental boost for you, the points gap is one thing (literally) but mentally to do that will give your players such a lift.
Its in your hands now (Norwich to) nothing we can do about it and if you go on and win all your games then fair play.

Watched the highlights on Quest and just wasnt our day, Roberts off the post, Harrison chance, Roberts header, tackle from Basham, block on Bamford, one of them days and have to applaud your team for how they hung on (i think thats fair) for that spell in the 1st half and slowly grew into the game.

Did like Wilders comments about Basham on Quest, tickled me:D

Thanks, be gutted if we didnt for the reasons I've mentioned but if we dont then unfortunately we didnt deserve to in the end and whoever did did. :)

It's worth a watch if you can find it, funny in some ways, cringey in others but as you allude to,his interviews always feel very awkward anyway.

Also agree that the Sky bunch are largely knobs.
I may look for it, do like to hear what MB says, usually he is pretty spot on.

Don Goodman was hyping Phillips up ,saying he'd go on to great things
Must be me because every time I've seen him play I've not really noticed him either way apart from the shocking tackle last year
He is much improved although I'm not quite on the Philips bandwagon.

We know all about it mate
We've finished 3rd more than once and been far superior to the other three teams throughout the league campaign, but the third placed team brings disappointment into the play offs with them that the other three teams don't.

The play offs should be reviewed IMO
5th and 6th play over two legs to see who is going to play the 4th placed team

The 4th placed team plays at home in a one legged match

The 3rd placed team awaits the winner in the final

That would be a little fairer and recognise the league achievement a little more
I agree that makes more sense, as it is a team who has had half a season of spectacular form and scrape into 6th may win promotion over a team that has been good all season, its not right.

As things stand the top 7 are Norwich, Us, Leeds, WBA, Middlesbrough, Aston Villa and PNE.

We have taken 20 points from those teams. You have taken 17.

However, we have played 11 games and you have played only 10.

We both have to play away at Preston. Your additional game is at home to Aston Villa. Not sure I'd want to be playing them at the moment, but that match is quite a long way off and their form may have dipped by then.

But I do agree that you definitely don't just beat fodder!
True i worked it out before this weekend but it has changed so thats right my mistake.

I did this really quickly so not 100% sure but as it stands vs the top half.

Leeds 19 games 33 points
Sheff Utd 17 games 27 points
Norwich 21 games 31 points.

It changes though but does give an indication.

Villa are flying, hopefully by the time we meet both of us will have our objectives met and we will be on the beach preparing for the prem. Hehe.

Nobody in the country wants to see abother Norwich team making up the numbers before there inevitable relegation :p

Nah not entitled tbh all jokes aside whoever gets promoted deserves it just making the point that we have been the only side to be consistently good enough to be top 3 all season and imo that shows real character and for that reason i will be more then a bit pissed off if we dont make it.

We do have to play the same teams and you and Blades have been more consistent or at least have had longer periods of better form.

We from our point of view have let ourselves down in games we should expect to win or should have won, QPR, Wednesday, Millwall away, Birmingham, Boro both games, but we didnt so it is what it is.

Nobody in the country wants to see abother Norwich team making up the numbers before there inevitable relegation :p

Nah not entitled tbh all jokes aside whoever gets promoted deserves it just making the point that we have been the only side to be consistently good enough to be top 3 all season and imo that shows real character and for that reason i will be more then a bit pissed off if we dont make it.

We do have to play the same teams and you and Blades have been more consistent or at least have had longer periods of better form.

We from our point of view have let ourselves down in games we should expect to win or should have won, QPR, Wednesday, Millwall away, Birmingham, Boro both games, but we didnt so it is what it is.

I feel for you because the errors at the back and in front of goal are exactly the kind of errors we were making on the regular last season, and this season though thankfully not as often, and when you're your own worst enemy and end up losing, they hurt the most.

By the way, I've read a couple of match reports from your journos and seen some comments saying Basham should have been off, I cannae think what your lot are referring to though, unless they're getting mixed up with Baldock.

Would love Norwich to crumble and us two to go up too. No one cares about Norwich.

We are the only side to not drop out of the top 4 all season, rarely out of the top 2 in fact and top longer then anyone else.

I dont deny that i am concerned with our performances in certain games recently but we have proven we are as good as we think we are this season.

Just have to check our record against the top sides, its better then you or Blades.

We have let ourselves down at times like all teams, we have been fairly beaten, we have been unfairly beaten, thats football.

But we are the most consistent side this season and i take hope from that.

If you only drop below 3rd for 1 week then that shows a lot imo.
You really need to get laid mate. You spend your life on this forum and you support Leeds.

He really needs to change his avatar to something different from that blonde haired Brylcream advert, a second rate Jack Grealish if ever there was one always chucking himself to the floor and moaning to the ref. If that cunt ever heads a ball I bet the trainer runs on with a comb.

Was a bit disappointed with how soft as shite pontus janson is, he's certainly not in jack o'Connell's league Billy bullied the shit out of him and Cooper and has the internet full of salty Leeds tears

Apparently Billy and Cooper are best mates, impressed how professional they are playing against each other.

Was a bit disappointed with how soft as shite pontus janson is, he's certainly not in jack o'Connell's league Billy bullied the shit out of him and Cooper and has the internet full of salty Leeds tears
Pontus is just pure comedy and made of glass. I'm surprised he didn't break a finger, putting the keeper gloves on. Both him and Cooper are very much bomb scares tbf and it showed.

Pontus is just pure comedy and made of glass. I'm surprised he didn't break a finger, putting the keeper gloves on. Both him and Cooper are very much bomb scares tbf and it showed.

They started out really well but by the end of the game they were both bloodied, bruised and / or mentally wrecked. Pontus was in a reight state with a bashed face and busted leg. He’d met up with Billy.

I havent seen any of the interviews mate, i meant to look for both managers interviews today just havent had a chance, fair play to Wilder if he did say that.

I am tbh, marginally upset about the result but its just 3 points 24 left to play for.

Losing Jansson and Kiko who have been rocks this season (Kiko really is a huge improvement on BPF) that could cost us much more then 3 points depending on how injured Jansson is.

Its been a good season for us both, Norwich to, Wednesday finding form, Preston, Villa, its anyones guess who will make it.

I'd prefer the best sides to get promoted, that would be us, Norwich and you.

But having 3 Yorkshire clubs in the top league for the first time since? I dont know has it ever happened? That'd be cool.

The last time you won the League in 1992, Wednesday finished 3rd and we finished 9th. Probably the only time the 3 Yorkshire clubs have finished in the top 10 in about 80 years!

Back
Top Bottom