Leeds fan in a nervous state

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Worrever happens chucky egg, I regret to say that your team (not management nor individuals in it like that cunt Alisoski) might actually deserve to go up because you have played very good football.

Much as I hate you and your fans with a passion only less than that reserved for Piggies, your team does play a good game. If only you had to play Norwich twice I would be sooooooo happy.
Alioski is a hero:D

Been our most consistent player this calendar year.

We beat Norwich 4-3 on aggregate anyway.:)

Ayup Cjay. I must be going soft in my old age, but I can't rustle up the enthusiasm for hating everything about Leeds (football club and city) that I could when I was younger, and also not so very long ago. If we win on Saturday, I'll be overjoyed, but I wouldn't be too miserable if we lost, mainly because the modern Leeds side play great football and seem a far cry from the grubby, brutal and corrupt Revie era. This may be our year, but just by being third and very much in touch at this stage, it feels like our year come what may! If we play with the skill we possess, and with the bonkers determination we showed against Brentford, we can win, but obviously you can too. We couldn't get tickets, and as I jinx every single Sky game we play in, won't be watching that either!! We'll be in Leeds though, taking solace and anaesthetic at Northern Monk brewery, and praying for a miracle (or at least a point!). Enjoy the game, but not too much!!
Will you really be able to avoid the temptation to watch the game?o_O

Agree with this. I've warmed to Madine a bit (still/even after last night), my main gripe with him starting is that we seem to play a different game to how we've been playing all season. It worked against Reading, but the other games have been more miss than hit and I wish we'd stuck to our game plan. I think we need to keep him as an impact sub.

I can't believe I'm going to say this (I hate your club, no offence intended, you seem like a decent guy and you post on here without an agenda), but I'm actually warming to the idea of us and your lot going up instead of Norwich. I certainly need to wash my mouth out and also think I need to take up religion and practice Three Hail Marys, or at least ask the doctor for some medication!

Norwich defence often look all over the shop. sometimes. Decent attacking side, but they've relied on so many last minute winners. I've been thinking all season they'll fall apart, but they keep proving me wrong. I do think they're due a bad run. Problem is, time/number of games are running out.

Whichever of the three teams doesn't go up in an auto spot deserves a playoff promotion, but as we know all too well, league form counts for nothing in the playoffs.

It's going to be an interesting final few hurdles. Blades and Rotherham win on Saturday will make things most interesting! (Norwich should certainly conformably beat Rotherham, but they're a hard working side, and if they turn up thinking it's in the bag they could get a shock).
Norwich are extremely clinical, cant deny that, there expected goals total has been exceeded for months. Last night was a prime example, Hull hit the bar, then Norwich score, its as if the stars have aligned for them tbf.

Concern for them imo is if the goals dry up a bit they will fade similar to WBA, there was a period where WBA just stopped scoring so much but they kept conceding.

Rotherham arent easy as you say, they have everything to lose and then Boro away after that, certainly isnt over.

I'll let you get to church:D

I remember McGoldrick playing against us for Ipswich at Bramall Lane a few seasons ago. I remembered his name because he once played for W*dnesday y'know - only on loan I think - and it clearly didn't work out for him there. But I remembered him most for his time at Forest. There was one game at Forest (maybe 2009) when him and I think it was, McGugan and Blackstock, ran riot against us. I thought McGoldrick was class that day , but I'd not heard anything about him for years after that - and so I was a bit surprised to see him playing against us for Ipswich. I actually joked with my son - something along the lines of..."bloody hell! David McGoldrick! I thought that old sod would have retired by now". I also remember saying to my son, "Ipswich can't have got much money if all they can afford is somebody like him as their main striker - he's way past it!".

And then the match kicked off and, as you do, I took particular notice of McGoldrick, having just told my son he was past his sell by date. What I witnessed was quite the opposite! McGoldrick really surprised me with his eager running off the ball, but even more so, his skill. He was technically very, very good. There was one bit when someone hit a pass to him and it was in the air, and he pulled it down with one foot and turned our player all in one movement. Sheer class! And I remember thinking...if that guy wasn't so injury prone Ipswich would have themselves a player there!

McGoldrick's injuries at Ipswich are legendary. But, isn't it strange that he's not had any problems whilst he's been here? It's a 3 or 4 hour drive, one way, from Nottingham where he lives, to Ipswich. I am only speculating, but I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't mornings that the bedcovers pulled a bit, faced with the prospect of that drive to training.:( To me, that just isn't sustainable long-term - and I think that's got a lot to do with Ipswich not renewing his contract.

Ipswich's chagrin is our cheer. The guy is remarkably more able-bodied for living less than an hour from the training ground. In fact, this is almost like a second wind of his career for him. He'll be 32 this year and I suppose at some point over the next 2 or 3 season's he's going to lose that bit of sharpness that means he won't be able to cut it at this level. But for now, he's looked such a good player, the only criticism I have of him is that he's not selfish enough, for a striker. He'll look to pass it every time rather than have a bloody shot himself. And he usually misses at least one sitter every game! I like him to miss it early on, personally, so we can get it out of the way!;)
Didn't realise he still lived in Nottingham when he was at Ipswich, must be mad.

I hope he misses a few, i dont think his finishing is good enough, everything else is very good, but when ive watched him his finishing lets him down.

Hope he doesnt prove me wrong on Saturday:(

Since both teams work very hard and will be up for it it's going to be a titanic battle. I hope it isn't decided by another United mistake but would obviously be very happy the other way round. Absent mistakes I am afraid to say you have more attacking quality with Hernandez , Bamford , Roofe. If it comes down to us losing to quality from Leeds we have to holdourvhands up and say getting to third place and a play off shoe in is a fantastic achievement and cetainly exceeds my pre season and mid season expectations.Iam looking forward to this match and unlike Wednesday match would accept defeat with equanimity. No poor refereeing decisions to alter match please and sadly predict 1-0 Leeds. Hope my head is very wide of the mark and my aching United heart gets yet more joy this season.
Roofe is out mate, wont play, we do hopefully have Jack Clarke back who was brilliant at your ground.

At the end of the day i didn't expect to be 2nd now, or at all.

If we stay there, win the league or make the playoffs thats more then i expected.

But then i will dread the summer.

Just hope for a good game and two teams at there best, if thats the case then whoever wins deserves to win.

Norwich fan here who has lived in both Leeds and Sheffield, just signing up to tell you how much of a cringe fest this thread is.... you are supposed to hate each other.

Don't like either of you, looking forward to watching your game from a pub in Rotherham before watching us.... Here's hoping your little love in continues and you decide to amicably share the points.

Hope Sheffield United pip Leeds to second though, even if I'd never go to Brammall Lane again after some of your idiots stormed the away end exits and put a few of us in hospital.

Leeds are the most fickle fans in the country.... can still remember our top of the table clash in League One in 2008, only 17000 of you could be bothered to turn up then, we had 20000 season ticket holders that season. And you still go on about how massive you are.... proper cringe to see everybody become a Leeds fan again because you might get to watch Aguero tear you apart next season. Where did you go for the past decade? Old Trafford?

At least Sheffield United don't have all the plastics who are still dining out on that time you overspent and bankrupt yourselves to give yourself a good team for a few years under O'Leary, feel more like a proper club..... like Norwich.

From what I've seen this season, having played you both twice, Sheffield United are the better side. Certainly mentally stronger.

So you thought it was cringey this thread.

Then you went on about how awful Leeds are and you hope Sheffield United beat us.

Can you see the irony?:)

*puke*

Didn't realise Leeds and Sheffield United liked each other this much.... you are about to play each other in a promotion six pointer. Sounds like you want to play a game of soggy biscuit.

I genuinely had to google that (wish i hadnt).

Strange pre game rituals you have in Norwich but whatever floats your boat:)

I’ll take a draw now tbh. Sadly I think you may just have a little too much for us but if we turn up (and we should do) then there’s absolutely no reason we couldn’t edge it.

I’ve never hated Leeds as much as some. Having lived nearby for years I even used to go watch them with my pals when they were playing in Europe in the not so distant past. Went to a few that year they played, and beat, Milan. Shameful stuff for a Blade really. I keep it quiet. I’d like for Utd and Leeds to make top 2 mainly for the fact I don’t like Norwich much (for no particular reason either!)- but unfortunately I think they have top spot nailed down already.

Norwich are extremely clinical, cant deny that, there expected goals total has been exceeded for months. Last night was a prime example, Hull hit the bar, then Norwich score, its as if the stars have aligned for them tbf.

Concern for them imo is if the goals dry up a bit they will fade similar to WBA, there was a period where WBA just stopped scoring so much but they kept conceding.

Rotherham arent easy as you say, they have everything to lose and then Boro away after that, certainly isnt over.

I'll let you get to church:D
The 'encouraging' thing about Norwich is that they always give teams a goal chance. Hull hit the bar? I also read they should have had a penalty. That could have been a defeat right there.

Hardly watertight at the back. On the day the strikers misfire, then they are going to give teams a chance to beat them. Rotherham on paper might look an easy game for them, but they fight and they are a tough nut at home. They gave Leeds a scare at home and took points from both Sheffield teams.

So you thought it was cringey this thread.

Then you went on about how awful Leeds are and you hope Sheffield United beat us.

Can you see the irony?:)

No Alanis, I can't see any irony in that.

And I said I wanted a draw :rolleyes:

What is this even supposed to mean? Where can we find the "expected goals" calculations?

We had 17 shots on goal, 7 on target, and scored 3 of them... 61% of possession.

Anybody who watched the game will tell you that we should have had 6, we weren't all that clinical at all.

He is a very intelligent and well spoken young man.

I dislike that, he should be thick as pig shit like most of them.

Unbelievable classism from a Northerner, of all people. He is well spoken because his parents had 15 grand a year to send him to private school, his dad comes from the famous Bamford dynasty which founded JCB and is a huge private sector landlord, that doesn't make working class footballers as thick as pigs shit.

Unbelievable classism from a Northerner, of all people. He is well spoken because his parents had 15 grand a year to send him to private school, his dad comes from the famous Bamford dynasty which founded JCB and is a huge private sector landlord, that doesn't make working class footballers as thick as pigs shit.
I would have expected them to pay more than that. Didn’t he go to Repton?

I think all 3 clubs gave been an absolute credit to the division football wise ,wouldn't want to watch all the play acting that Leeds and Norwich do and the shitousery but all 3 sides play good football .which I suppose you'd expect from Norwich with their 40 million wage bill but Leeds and us have great coaches in charge who I think would grace the prem ,farke I'm not so sure about as defensively they look shaky and im not so sure they would score goals so easily but some great players there particularly the wing backs

which I suppose you'd expect from Norwich with their 40 million wage bill but Leeds and us have great coaches in charge

That definitely isn't our current wage bill, that may have been our wage bill before our parachute payments finished and we got rid of all pretty much every member of our last Premier League squad... only 3 of our players were in our Premier League squad from a few years ago and one of them took a big pay cut to stay.

I very much doubt our wage bill is in the top 6 now, probably only just top 10.... and its probably only being stuck with Jarvis and Naismith on the payroll which makes ours bigger than yours.... Jordan Rhodes had to take a pay cut to join us on loan from Wednesday.

I worked out that our starting XI against Leeds United cost us about £6m in transfer fees if you want to talk about numbers. Their goalscorer alone cost £10m, for context. How does that fit with your narrative?

Christoph Zimmermann cost £50k and had only played in the German 4th tier, now our captain. The most expensive member of our back 5 cost us £1m.

The 'encouraging' thing about Norwich is that they always give teams a goal chance. Hull hit the bar? I also read they should have had a penalty. That could have been a defeat right there.

Hardly watertight at the back. On the day the strikers misfire, then they are going to give teams a chance to beat them. Rotherham on paper might look an easy game for them, but they fight and they are a tough nut at home. They gave Leeds a scare at home and took points from both Sheffield teams.
Yeah they should, when things are going your way then you get those sort of things i suppose.

They are a good side, they had the luck on the day we met to, 3 deflected shots all ended up falling perfectly, thats the sort of luck you need although we didnt really deserve much that day tbf although it wasnt a 3-1 game imo.

No Alanis, I can't see any irony in that.

And I said I wanted a draw :rolleyes:
So you did, my mistake, but you did come on and be very complimentary to Sheffield United like i was, so we are the same :D

What is this even supposed to mean? Where can we find the "expected goals" calculations?

We had 17 shots on goal, 7 on target, and scored 3 of them... 61% of possession.

Anybody who watched the game will tell you that we should have had 6, we weren't all that clinical at all.
Infogol.com mate, its interesting if you like that sort of thing.

I worked it out a while ago, cant remember the period, over i think it was a 20 plus game spell you were exceeding your expected goals total by 9 i think it was, you conceded 2 more, Blades were about on point and we were scoring less then we should and conceding quite a bit more.

To be fair it would be a shame if any one of the top 3 didn’t get promoted this season. We’ve been head and shoulders above the rest of the also rans.

Im not from the North.

Most footballers are thick, some more then others.

That definitely isn't our current wage bill, that may have been our wage bill before our parachute payments finished and we got rid of all pretty much every member of our last Premier League squad... only 3 of our players were in our Premier League squad from a few years ago and one of them took a big pay cut to stay.

I very much doubt our wage bill is in the top 6 now, probably only just top 10.... and its probably only being stuck with Jarvis and Naismith on the payroll which makes ours bigger than yours.... Jordan Rhodes had to take a pay cut to join us on loan from Wednesday.

I worked out that our starting XI against Leeds United cost us about £6m in transfer fees if you want to talk about numbers. Their goalscorer alone cost £10m, for context. How does that fit with your narrative?

Christoph Zimmermann cost £50k and had only played in the German 4th tier, now our captain. The most expensive member of our back 5 cost us £1m.
That's the published figure I saw ,think it might be last season's

Cjay

Or may I say, Signori Bielsa...

Welcome aboard.

Sincerely
Damian 'Lazarus' Thorn.

Talksport are currently asking the question "Are Leeds the most entertaining side to EVER play outside the top flight"
Don’t tell me..............Was it Jim(brown nose)White. The clue is in his surname.

Bloody Hell
A podcast that takes 30 mins because the guy has to go through an interpreter and back again.
Fecking painful

Back
Top Bottom