Leeds fan in a nervous state

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good player Madine, always thought of him as a bit of a cart horse but he gave us nightmares when he played for Bolton against us a season or two ago, pleased he is out as it takes away that more direct option i would assume?

He has given us that option, yeah. I think it has kept our opponents guessing because before he arrived most teams knew what to expect from us. But Madine been most effective in my opinion when he's slotted into our usual style of play--get the ball on the deck and pass the opposition to death--i.e. the Reading game when he scored twice. The guy can actually play a bit and has a nice touch.

We are a good side and I can honestly say that as the season has gone on the less nervous I have got about the opposition. Obviously that doesn't mean that we will win every game but due to our consistently good performances I have been confident that we will play well and if we do that have a decent chance of winning.

Having said that the table suggests that Leeds have some talent as well so I expect a close but hopefully open game probably settled by either a bit of brilliance or a mistake. 2-1 Blades

I'm still fascinated by the attacking cbs, everything tells me that should be a disaster and you should be getting caught out all the time, no idea how that doesn't seem to happen its very interesting.

United have had the witches curse over Leeds this century. Leeds have mirrored the pigs in trying to play catch-up with us and pretending to be massive but few people are fooled apart from themselves. I don't see any reason why this is about to change this weekend. Billy is due a goal and the fact is we don't lose when he scores. So 1-1 or 1-0 Blades.

I'm certainly more apprehensive about this one than the Pig game last week.

It's potentially huge for both teams.

Leeds are obviously in the box seat as a win puts them 5 points ahead of us, which is a good lead with 8 games left, if far from insurmountable.

I can see why a neutral may favour Leeds and Norwich at this point, but we've done amazingly well to put ourselves in this position at this stage, and deservedly so.

Whilst it's naturally a squeaky bum game, these are the times you crave when you're fucking around in League 1 for years and barely troubling the top 2.
Thought the derby was pretty dire tbh, neither team looked anywhere close to there best, nerves?

True, the season wont be over for either of us if we lose, but the mental damage may be done.

Think the neutral does think Norwich will go up, we have had quite a few admiring glances because of Bielsa but that puts pressure on us, you can play without that, pressure got to us vs Norwich.

Ah i remember those days, we also spent a fair amount of time doing nothing in this league, season is usually over by now lol.

Talksport are currently asking the question "Are Leeds the most entertaining side to EVER play outside the top flight"
Oh dear.

Nobody will ever agree with that.

I think we are certainly up there. At times we have been a total joy to watch, battered many of the better teams in the league and have done so with an injury list of nightmares.

Roofe has missed 10 games, Clarke has barely made double figures, Hernandez has only been able to start 28 games, Bamford 7, Saiz 15.

At our best like WBA then yes we are certainly one of the most entertaining sides in the leagues history imo.

Leeds seem to be bricking it. I saw Janson on Twitter saying it’s the game of their lives and asking the fans to turn up an hour early to cheer them on during the warm up.

I don’t feel nervous at all. We’re underdogs. It’s a free hit for us and the pressure is on them. If we get a result, great. If not, there’s still a long way to go.
Pontus does like to whip the fans up, think it was WBA he shielded the ball to get a goal kick and then started yelling and pumping his fist.

Its smart in a way because the atmosphere can be a real extra lift but as we saw vs Norwich that nervousness can sometimes have the opposite effect.

In answer to the O/P...i think it's between United and Leeds to go up with Norwich now ,as they have the easiest run in,but who knows hopefully they slip up tonight.
As for Saturday,we'll be coming for 3 points as we always do...Madine is a miss,but not as much as Roofe for you...Massive game for both sides,2 attacking sides so should be a good game,and confident we can get a result.
Without taking anything away from Roofe a fit Patrick Bamford is a class apart, we have seen that the last 3 games, Roofe did very well under the circumstances but losing Bamford for most of the season was a far bigger blow and having him fit now may just be the difference come the end of the season. Would be nice to have Roofe as an option though, you have more options then us.

Hope its a good game, better be.

In terms of aesthetics and being tactically interesting, us and L**ds are certainly up there.

Wilder will be studied in years to come for this system, never seen anything like it.

They aren't a patch on wolves and Fulham last year, nowhere close. And that's just last year.
Would Wolves have been as good with the injuries we have had?

Considering our injury list i think at our very best we are as entertaining as them tbh.

Are we a better team? Maybe not but to watch are we as good? When everything clicks yes absolutely imo.

I'm very proud this season, to see us getting plenty of admiring comments from Man U fans, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea fans is lovely. Pre OGS on there forum Manchester United fans genuinely said they thought we would batter them and Man City fans have said they think our style is the best to watch in the league.

Its not a subject everyone will agree with of course but to get praise from the fans of the best side to watch in the country managed by Pep was a really nice thing.

Sorry CJay, you’re a decent poster but from now until Satdi neet you’re the enemy so I’m afraid I’ll have to respectfully tell you to piss off.
What happened to keep your friends close but your enemies closer?:p:D

Hello:)

Anybody else absolutely dreading Saturday? :eek:

Shouldn't be, both in great form, not conceding goals, scoring well, winning well, but even so its awful:D

How the hell do you win 2-0 with 10 men for an hour? Was the goalie brilliant? Were Brentford wasteful? Very impressive. Incidentally i saw that with 10 men 2 strikers came on, thats mental :D

So yeah, stupid question really but happy so far with the season? Where did you expect to finish before the first game?

Us you and Norwich really by rights should go up automatically, but only 2 of us can, which 2 do you think?

How do you see Saturday going most importantly of all?

I see Norwood did avoid the booking so he is available, Madine isnt, big blow?

Thanks in advance for responses.

Cjay:)

I thought last season was our best chance to go up since 2005 (when we last went up).

I didn’t think the Board would back Wilder in the transfer market this season and I thought we’d be 12th or summat of that order this season. I don’t think the Board have backed Wilder to the extent that I thought was necessary, so I wasn’t wrong about that, but I underestimated Wilders ability to get a quart out of a pint pot. Obviously the sale of Brooks helped. But the bloke has worked miracles on a limited budget. His recruitment has been very good, Norwood has been a master stroke and so has McGoldrick (who cost nowt!). Egan has been a very good signing as well. And Cranie was one of them that made me go “eh? Why?” but he’s been excellent as well.

We seem to have a lot more options all over the park this season. Madine is a better player than I gave him credit for but he won’t be a big miss for us on Saturday. We tend to go long with him on the pitch - which is necessary against some teams, but I prefer to see the close passing game that we play with McGoldrick and Sharp.

Got to tell you that I was more impressed by Norwich this season than Leeds. I think they will finish top. But, that’s based on just two games and doesn’t count for much really. All 3 teams are playing well and the league table suggests they are better than the rest and should go up. I think you will go up - but you’ll have to beat Sheffield Wednesday in the play off final you know? ;)

Presumably the idiot twins Durham and Gough? Durham’s so full of shit he’d make a good MP. Goughie does little to dispel the notion that Yorkshiremen are a bit thick, which isn’t great for Yorkshiremen living down south.
Durham has been very complimentary.

Its the fat idiot whose name escapes me who doesn't like us.

We are a far better team than that which unluckily lost to yous earlier in the season.
Since mid December we've just had something about us which gives us the confidence to win whilst the same the confidence that we won't lose either.
It's gonna be our best shot for promotion because it's the best team I've ever seen in living memory of supporting utd.
I just wish Norwich would spontaneously combust ,because we could be getting the Yorkshire champagne ready.
Utb.

Would Wolves have been as good with the injuries we have had?

Considering our injury list i think at our very best we are as entertaining as them tbh.

Are we a better team? Maybe not but to watch are we as good? When everything clicks yes absolutely imo.

I'm very proud this season, to see us getting plenty of admiring comments from Man U fans, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea fans is lovely. Pre OGS on there forum Manchester United fans genuinely said they thought we would batter them and Man City fans have said they think our style is the best to watch in the league.

Its not a subject everyone will agree with of course but to get praise from the fans of the best side to watch in the country managed by Pep was a really nice thing.
Don't doubt it but I'm sure it has nothing to do with pep seeing Bielsa as a father figure either. Plus wolves and Fulham did it over a prolonged period. As you say when everything clicks, wolves especially clicked pretty much every game, as did Fulham from January. When everything clicks, Brentford are excellent to watch, but they only seem to click at home.

Wow :rolleyes:

Ever heard of the expression 'tongue in cheek'?
Tongue in cheek relates to vocalised expression, whereas In writing you just come across as a complete tosser.
My tongue is straight down the middle, but you won't be able to tell, of course.

Somethings are more important then football of course.

Do you worry that if you dont get up then there is a chance someone will take Wilder off you? Understand you are his club but everyone has ambitions? ( Genuine question not trying to annoy anyone, personally terrified if we dont go up Bielsa will sod off).

You do have quite a few strikers tbf, must be nice . . . . . . . .

It is something of a worry mate yes. He is a Blade of.course but it would.be a big mistake as far as whoever ends up being in charge is.concerned to assume that will override anything. Sooner or later he will get noticed so we have to make sure as a club he is realistically given the tools to.do.the job. I think it might be tough for you guys if you don't go up in terms of keeping Biesla and / or some of your better players, but I would also say that about us or.Norwich whoever doesn't go up. In fact Farke looks like a cheesy bond villain so he might get poached for the next bond film ;)

It's a nice problem to have that's for sure!

Tongue in cheek relates to vocalised expression, whereas In writing you just come across as a complete tosser.
My tongue is straight down the middle, but you won't be able to tell, of course.
Here's the definition, as you seem unsure: "speaking or writing in an ironic or insincere way."

Cjay himself brushed it off with a like, dunno why you lot are getting so precious.

He has given us that option, yeah. I think it has kept our opponents guessing because before he arrived most teams knew what to expect from us. But Madine been most effective in my opinion when he's slotted into our usual style of play--get the ball on the deck and pass the opposition to death--i.e. the Reading game when he scored twice. The guy can actually play a bit and has a nice touch.
He isnt as much as a carthorse as i thoughg tbf, as you say he has a nice touch can link well. But when i watched the Sheffield derby it seemed you changed your style to suit him, a lot of long balls, was a bit odd didn't really suit you.

United have had the witches curse over Leeds this century. Leeds have mirrored the pigs in trying to play catch-up with us and pretending to be massive but few people are fooled apart from themselves. I don't see any reason why this is about to change this weekend. Billy is due a goal and the fact is we don't lose when he scores. So 1-1 or 1-0 Blades.

We shall see:):)

He isnt as much as a carthorse as i thoughg tbf, as you say he has a nice touch can link well. But when i watched the Sheffield derby it seemed you changed your style to suit him, a lot of long balls, was a bit odd didn't really suit you.

So true that so it's bad news for you lot he's suspended now. Bielsa is wasting his time spying on us for this one, we will be bang at it from the kick off.

In terms of aesthetics and being tactically interesting, us and L**ds are certainly up there.

Wilder will be studied in years to come for this system, never seen anything like it.
I havent either, watch a lot of football and cant remember a style where the cbd do what yours do, its very odd to watch tbf but impressive.

Bielsa said he had seen things Wilder does but he hasnt been able to implement it which given what he has done to our team of strangers from last season is quite a compliment.

I thought last season was our best chance to go up since 2005 (when we last went up).

I didn’t think the Board would back Wilder in the transfer market this season and I thought we’d be 12th or summat of that order this season. I don’t think the Board have backed Wilder to the extent that I thought was necessary, so I wasn’t wrong about that, but I underestimated Wilders ability to get a quart out of a pint pot. Obviously the sale of Brooks helped. But the bloke has worked miracles on a limited budget. His recruitment has been very good, Norwood has been a master stroke and so has McGoldrick (who cost nowt!). Egan has been a very good signing as well. And Cranie was one of them that made me go “eh? Why?” but he’s been excellent as well.

We seem to have a lot more options all over the park this season. Madine is a better player than I gave him credit for but he won’t be a big miss for us on Saturday. We tend to go long with him on the pitch - which is necessary against some teams, but I prefer to see the close passing game that we play with McGoldrick and Sharp.

Got to tell you that I was more impressed by Norwich this season than Leeds. I think they will finish top. But, that’s based on just two games and doesn’t count for much really. All 3 teams are playing well and the league table suggests they are better than the rest and should go up. I think you will go up - but you’ll have to beat Sheffield Wednesday in the play off final you know? ;)

He clearly has an eye for what he needs, could see the logic with Norwood but was confused by Mcgoldrick, how wrong i was he is a technically very good player. Was impressed when Cranie became a cb and you would never know he wasnt a regular, some coaching that.

Prefer you went long tbf, we like a good battle for the 2nd balls, will be interesting to see if Duffy starts who was poor i thought at your ground (first time ive thought that when ive seen him) or will he start Dowell.

Its alright, Norwich have been impressive but if we dont go up automatically then i will feel we have let ourselves down. Top 7, we average 2 ppg, you and Norwich arent close to that, we also have a better record vs the top half. So to not win promotion imo means we have let ourselves down against a team we should have beat (QPR).

All 3 of us deserve to go up, 3 best teams by quite a distance, i will be supporting you or Norwich in the playoffs o_O:rolleyes::D

Reactions: ljk
Durham has been very complimentary.

Its the fat idiot whose name escapes me who doesn't like us.

I havent either, watch a lot of football and cant remember a style where the cbd do what yours do, its very odd to watch tbf but impressive.

Bielsa said he had seen things Wilder does but he hasnt been able to implement it which given what he has done to our team of strangers from last season is quite a compliment.

Worrever happens chucky egg, I regret to say that your team (not management nor individuals in it like that cunt Alisoski) might actually deserve to go up because you have played very good football.

Much as I hate you and your fans with a passion only less than that reserved for Piggies, your team does play a good game. If only you had to play Norwich twice I would be sooooooo happy.

We are a far better team than that which unluckily lost to yous earlier in the season.
Since mid December we've just had something about us which gives us the confidence to win whilst the same the confidence that we won't lose either.
It's gonna be our best shot for promotion because it's the best team I've ever seen in living memory of supporting utd.
I just wish Norwich would spontaneously combust ,because we could be getting the Yorkshire champagne ready.
Utb.
I think you have better form then us this calendar year so certainly got a great chance.

We were lucky to win, but at the same time our pressing caused the error so it wasnt entirely lucky but the win was tbh.

Norwich are a nuisance, play some great football but last 2 games they have been very fortunate, Hull should have had a penalty and Swansea should have beat them. 2 difficult away games for them coming up.

Don't doubt it but I'm sure it has nothing to do with pep seeing Bielsa as a father figure either. Plus wolves and Fulham did it over a prolonged period. As you say when everything clicks, wolves especially clicked pretty much every game, as did Fulham from January. When everything clicks, Brentford are excellent to watch, but they only seem to click at home.
Pep didnt say it mate its City fans, no reason for them to say anything really.

True on Wolves but Fulham were very poor for the first half of the season, id say we are a bit more consistent then them tbf.

Brentford are awesome to watch, have been for years.

I think at our very best we are awesome to watch, Wolves were to and Fulham and you and Norwich etc.

But personally id say on balance we are best for excitement, just my view.

We dont have Champions league players like Wolves, we didnt have the funds like Fulham or the years of building like you and Norwich.

Here's the definition, as you seem unsure: "speaking or writing in an ironic or insincere way."

Cjay himself brushed it off with a like, dunno why you lot are getting so precious.
Eh?

I did what when how and where.

So true that so it's bad news for you lot he's suspended now. Bielsa is wasting his time spying on us for this one, we will be bang at it from the kick off.
MB watched the Reading managers games at his last club, MB will know everything already:p

Back
Top Bottom