Learning points from today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
1. Centre backs - do not get caught in possesion in our own half
2. Do not get beat at your near post
3. Start McBurnie
4. Stop looking for overloads before we cross when we have 5 players in the box

Other than that a really good performance and we deserved a point.

1. Do not get caught in possesion in our own half
3. Start McBurnie

5. Don't dive in
6. Don't moan when you've dived in

I think 2) is harsh. But yep, agree we were very good

1. Centre backs - do not get caught in possesion in our own half
3. Start McBurnie

I agree with most of that.

Although dicking around and not getting the ball in the box early enough has been a flaw of ours at times. Not a big flaw but one we need to work on a little bit.

Although dicking around and not getting the ball in the box early enough has been a flaw of ours at times. Not a big flaw but one we need to work on a little bit.

This works well when we are building down the sides waiting for the overload but when we are camped in their half and we have 5 players set for the cross it's pretty pointless. Like you said they can work on this.

This works well when we are building down the sides waiting for the overload but when we are camped in their half and we have 5 players set for the cross it's pretty pointless. Like you said they can work on this.

True, it allowed every Leicester player to get back and the moment has gone.

We don't 'dick around and not get the ball in the box early enough' We work the flanks/half spaces to make sure that we create the best possible chances that we can. It's one of the reasons that our chance conversion is so good, and one of the major reasons that we're watching premier league football this season.

Not that 'Gerritinbox Man' who used to sit near me on the Kop ever noticed.

We don't 'dick around and not get the ball in the box early enough' We work the flanks/half spaces to make sure that we create the best possible chances that we can. It's one of the reasons that our chance conversion is so good, and one of the major reasons that we're watching premier league football this season.

Yeah but at times we had already created the space for the best possible chance. I don't expect us just to whip aimless balls in when no fucker is there but like the OP says how many people do we need in the box for the best possible chance? we had half the squad in their box.

You need to be a little more open minded to this. Build up and overload, create the space and get runners in the box. Agree 100%

10 minutes to go, losing 2-1 and we are pushing up, their box is already loaded waiting for the ball. This bit I don't get. Twice we went back to Egan on the fucking halfway line when we had 2 or 3 chances to whip the ball in.

Also - Watch out for good players. Heard a bit about that we kept Maddison quiet. He was still their best player and a diving cnut to boot. Was fearful every time he got the ball.

Also - Watch out for good players. Heard a bit about that we kept Maddison quiet. He was still their best player and a diving cnut to boot. Was fearful every time he got the ball.

We kept him quiet for most of the game and the ref wasn't letting him have every free kick he asked for.

Ever tried covering the whole of a goal when a striker is 7 yards from goal ? his angle wasn't that acute. If you genuinely though Henderson was at fault for that, you must have been some keeper ..........

First rule is cover the near post, again doesn't matter how hard it's hit if you are there in that space he can't score. If he beats you far post fair enough. You might think i'm harsh but Hendo will not be happy about being beaten on his near post.

Not just banging the ball into the box and waiting for a good crossing opportunity has been one of the most important aspects of a system that’s won us two promotions in three years. Can’t see it changing now.
It shouldn't change. I'll take the twice a game we could cross earlier for the 4 times a game we create much better chances by recycling the ball. It's like people have never seen us play

First rule is cover the near post, again doesn't matter how hard it's hit if you are there in that space he can't score. If he beats you far post fair enough. You might think i'm harsh but Hendo will not be happy about being beaten on his near post.
I agree he pretty much made vardys mind up for him

If you cover your near post you block it.

Unless it goes in at the far post - then you get slated on forums for not covering the far post. The keeper had no time to react at all. All you can do as a keeper in that situation from that kind of range is hope you get lucky and it comes straight at you.

Being a keeper with hindsight is easy, you just stand wherever the shot is going to go. It's a bit more difficult in real life without that prior knowledge.

I think the word "learning" in your title is very apt for today.

We've competed well against a top 10, Premiership side . An uncharacteristic bit of sloppiness from Bash gets punished, we don't accept a golden opportunity (Lundstram volley) and an exquisite finish are the crucial moments that separated both sides.

If there was even a hint of complacency after an encouraging start, Leicester just gave us a lesson in how unforgiving this level of football can be.

We can't be too disappointed, Leicester are a good side - Vardy put in a shift, Choudhury is to them what Norwood is to us and Ricardo pretty much nullified us down the left.

Unless it goes in at the far post - then you get slated on forums for not covering the far post. The keeper had no time to react at all. All you can do as a keeper in that situation from that kind of range is hope you get lucky and it comes straight at you.

Being a keeper with hindsight is easy, you just stand wherever the shot is going to go. It's a bit more difficult in real life without that prior knowledge.

Another one that doesn't get it.

It shouldn't change. I'll take the twice a game we could cross earlier for the 4 times a game we create much better chances by recycling the ball. It's like people have never seen us play

Totally agree. Actually I thought we could’ve been more patient today. Too many long balls into channels. When we got the ball down and played our usual game we looked more dangerous.

I feel like we've conceded a few to the second ball from a corner under Wilder, feels like a very "us" goal to concede, anyone agree?

Need to be alive to it/ get out to them.

I'd be looking at that.

Back
Top Bottom