Last Night's Match

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladesway

Not a member of the reaction faction
Reaction score
Hope I'm not the only one who thinks Baxter looks better than he did last season.
Don't care what he looks like so long as he plays better and more consistently than he did last season.

Interesting comments regarding Baxters waistband. A few people came on here recently saying he had really slimmed down. Now he's fat again. Whats going on?
Big thing with players who had a chance at the top table and never made it, they are all flawed. In Baxters case perhaps he spends too long at the sweet trolley?

Bladesway

Not a member of the reaction faction
Reaction score
Not true. Sadly I've had many a debate (on here and in person) with blades who think we have enough.
Please point me to one on here because I think you talk with fucked tongue.

SwissBlade

Reaction score
Interesting comments regarding Baxters waistband. A few people came on here recently saying he had really slimmed down. Now he's fat again. Whats going on?
In the time he's been at United he's never been fat. He looked like he had a lot of bulk last season, but it wasn't fat.

I doubt very much he's done a paddy Kenny over the last few weeks.

Many commented on the first day of training that he had slimmed down, but I said it was probably the training kit which was a slimmer fit.

The pics I've seen of players against Burton, they all look like rugby players. Given Cloughs reputation in the preseason training anyone carrying any extra summer timber will have lost it since they started back training.

Personally I think that by that first game of the season, we'll have the fittest side in the league

SandyMcBlade

Bennyandtheblades
Reaction score
But isn't this the mind set of all fans ?
When they lose, it's a disaster, When they win, it's back to normal .....

Flatulent_Bob

Reaction score
But isn't this the mind set of all fans ?
When they lose, it's a disaster, When they win, it's back to normal .....
Ours seem worse than most.
Same with a players one minute
they're shite and should be sold, they hit form and leave they're greedy and disloyal. It gets very tiring.

I would also say there is an element of empty cans, but there is always someone who can find a negative in everything.

Esablade

Never knowingly wrong.
Reaction score
But what I don't understand is why we can't sign a striker 'just for the sake of it'!
I bored of these new signings already and need someone newerer and crapperer to slag off soon or't lots goin' up!

Silent Blade

Reaction score
What was the formation? Can anyone explain how exactly we lined up in midfield?
Alcock, McGahey, Collins and Harris at the back. Murphy on the left, JCR on the right. Reed, Scougall, Baxter and Basham decide whether they play deep or get into the box (Baxter and Basham attacked more than Reed and Scougall). Looks like we are still playing the false 9 formation.

Pinchy

Blade, not Bladey.
Reaction score
I'm quite sure we need a striker, specifically one with a physical presence and ability to hold the ball up and link with our excellent midfielders,

Please assume that I continue to take this view until further notice.

In return I promise not to have a tantrum every time another club signs a striker (especially those, like Winnall, who we could undoubtedly have had but didn't think good enough).

I further promise to recognise that NC knows what he is doing.

Finally, I pledge to notice that the season doesn't start until 9 August and lasts for nine months.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

Pinchy

Blade, not Bladey.
Reaction score
Alcock, McGahey, Collins and Harris at the back. Murphy on the left, JCR on the right. Reed, Scougall, Baxter and Basham decide whether they play deep or get into the box (Baxter and Basham attacked more than Reed and Scougall). Looks like we are still playing the false 9 formation.
Only until we get a real 9, I trust....

Darthblade

Reaction score
I'm quite sure we need a striker, specifically one with a physical presence and ability to hold the ball up and link with our excellent midfielders,

Please assume that I continue to take this view until further notice.

In return I promise not to have a tantrum every time another club signs a striker (especially those, like Winnall, who we could undoubtedly have had but didn't think good enough).

I further promise to recognise that NC knows what he is doing.

Finally, I pledge to notice that the season doesn't start until 9 August and lasts for nine months.

Anyone else?
Fair point and agreed that the season doesn't start until Aug 9th ........ however, we have been DESPERATELY in need of a decent striker who's capable of 20+ goals a season and can hold up the ball since young Ched's incarceration and that's a while ago.

IF we are to challenge for the top 2 ( and I don't fancy the prospects of playoffs again ) we MUST have a decent striker for the start of the season, as they don't always settle and start scoring immediately ( not for us anyway ).

At the moment we're a lot of goals short of the top two places ..........
UTB & FTP

Silent Blade

Reaction score
Only until we get a real 9, I trust....
Germany played the same system when Klose wasnt playing for them in the World Cup. I think Klose was their only real 9 in their squad. I think Porter is our real 9 at the moment and also think McNulty is similar type of player to Baxter

wizadry

wizster
Reaction score
Germany played the same system when Klose wasnt playing for them in the World Cup. I think Klose was their only real 9 in their squad. I think Porter is our real 9 at the moment and also think McNulty is similar type of player to Baxter
Aslong as Mcnulty isn't a similar type of player to Porter i'll be happy.

SandyMcBlade

Bennyandtheblades
Reaction score
I quite like the false nine, though it does worry me a little that the only number nine we have, Porter, was last years top scorer by a mile...

Last edited:

Woodwardfan

Woodwardfan
Reaction score
Baxter is as fit as a flea, he's just got a square figure and a bit of a strut/waddle. He's a genuine quality fooyballer, perhaps our very best player. Tony Currie and Alan Woodward were NEVER thin FGS.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom