Last Man Standing 18/19 - Game 2 (21st September)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jim Chimmerney

Can hear the 'Cod Army' roar from his back garden
Reaction score
Right folks, Game 1 done and dusted, well done to boo radley for retaining his title, surely not 3 in a row :eek:

Off we go with Game 2, as usual, the entry fee is £10 with 30% of the pot going to @Foxy and @Linz and the remaining 70% going to the winner.

Game 2 will commence the Friday 21st September so entries, plus payment, need to be received by midday Friday.

Paypal details remain the same but please mail [email protected] if you need the link *. If you don't have paypal, please arrange to pay via another member if possible or bank transfer.

* If you have my paypal account details and pay direct, please make sure you select the 'friends and family' option. Every competition, someone doesn't, and paypal take their cut in charges !

Please include your forum name in all correspondence / payments.

RULES

E-mail your weekly selection to [email protected]. Entries must be received by midday on the Friday prior to the weekend games.

1. There is only one initial entry fee, all weekly selections are then free until the end of the competition.
2. You pick ONE team per week. This rule will remain throughout the competition, there will be no additional selections in the latter stages. Once a particular team is selected, you cannot select that team again for the remainder of the competition.
3. Selections can come from English Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2 and FA Cup. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday games are eligible.
4. If your selected game is postponed prior to cut-off on the Friday, another selection should be made. If the game is called off after cut-off, you automatically proceed to the next round.
5. If, in any round, we don't have any winning selections and as such, no 'Last Man Standing', the competition will end and the pot will roll-over into a new competition.
6. If the competition is rolled-over, it will be treated as a brand new competition so there will be no free entries, no restrictions to selections will be carried over and anyone can enter. Entry fees will be split 30/70 as usual with the 70% added to the roll-over pot.
7. Every attempt will be made to issue a final selection reminder via the forum on the Friday morning but the responsibility is ultimately down to the entrant and any selections received after cut-off will not be valid and you will be out of the competition.
8. All e-mails/payment details will be saved until after the competition has ended in case of any dispute.
9. The Organiser’s decision is final.

UTB

Foxy can you please pin and replace, cheers :)

Money sent and prediction is in with the Paypal message mate :)

Please note the start date for all those rushing in with Chelsea for Saturday :D

you say FA Cup matches are elligible...so i can pick a game from the 1st Qualifying round on the weekend Sept 22nd??? :)

And don't forget Jim Chimmerney , finalist in the fame before. Only losing out to you because Accrington Fucking Stanley couldn't beat Forest Green Rovers:(.

Given that Boo ❤️‘s Hoof and prefers ragamuffins to proper footballers, I shall note his future selections with interest. Stoke and Bolton feature prominently, I imagine?
good point actually, maybe a survey on actual selections ;)

Boo update - amazingly, 23 different teams selected, Chelsea top pick with 3

Last edited:
whereas Prempiership pinchy is a bit more predictable, Man U, Man C, Chelsea leading the way with 4 each :)

Given that Boo ❤️‘s Hoof and prefers ragamuffins to proper footballers, I shall note his future selections with interest. Stoke and Bolton feature prominently, I imagine?
Given that boo was the only one to have faith in Wilders Wonders newly promoted champions and to have more faith in wilder and the fact he likes his players to "run around", I will take that as proof of a higher vision of football than you.

Given that boo was the only one to have faith in Wilders Wonders newly promoted champions and to have more faith in wilder and the fact he likes his players to "run around", I will take that as proof of a higher vision of football than you.
that's a good one, only 9 people have selected the Mighty Blades in the 8 comps, wizadry leads the way with 3, then ahem Jim Chimmerney , nowtfancy and boo radley each on 2. Pinchy however..................

I haven't checked the actual results but I know for a fact that we've lost both times I've picked us (warning heeded) and wizadry did win his comp with a Blades selection.

Proving that he looks at utopian football and not the reality of football.

Yes. Those three teams will never achieve anything in real life football...

Do you resort to ear plugs when Tufty speaks, as he does with admirable frequency, of ‘proper football’ and ‘the right way’. He ain’t talking about your favoured anti-football, no matter how much you wish he were...

Yes. Those three teams will never achieve anything in real life football...

Do you resort to ear plugs when Tufty speaks, as he does with admirable frequency, of ‘proper football’ and ‘the right way’. He ain’t talking about your favoured anti-football, no matter how much you wish he were...
So tell me, did you not take part in LMS the first game last season?
Your own static anti football stance is evident with your love of backwards play like your hero Weir preached and the constant posting of pictures of cones like your other hero Doyle are long gone and thank goodness. We've moved on and the fact that you are stuck in the past shows how limited you are.
Faith in Wilder is strong amongst most of us. Sorry but he's not going anywhere despite you longing to be back in League one.

Back
Top Bottom