Last Man Standing 17/18 III - Week 9

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think it’s fair that those who get to the final week get a free pass, others that were involved in the competition pay £10 again with any newcomers paying £20 (or the equivalent to others if it’s a double rollover). Double picks when we get down to the last four maybe? Free entry for life for all previous winners?
;):p:D

Two free entries?

So I stray away from the lower leagues, go for the two best teams in their respective divisions and get shafted, that'll teach me :rolleyes:

Congrats spongebobblade !

As for the rule change, I reckon a rollover if no one wins is a great idea. That's what's happened in other competitions like this I've been in. Start from scratch, double the pot!

If we were to go ahead with the rollover change then whoever is in the last 2, 3, 4 or whatever shouldn’t get two picks to win it.

Can't wait to throw away another tenner - give me a poke when entries are open :)

The ones I play in go to a rollover if there isn't a single winner ,everyone puts in again. Also if anyone forgets or cant get their selection in they automatically get the tea at the bottom of league 2. Im OK with owt though so its a yay for me.

Right chaps, given the comments, it seems clear that the roll-over idea is a go-er. Based on what people have said, and in line with other similar comps, I also think that it should be a complete re-start, no free passes, no-one excluded, open to all. At the end of the day there's no difference in getting it wrong at week 1 or week 7.

Re the additional picks, the only reason we introduced this was to get a winner sooner rather than later, we could have 2 people battling it out for months with 1 pick each. So we either just let it run it's course or maybe have a rule to bring this in, say after 7 weeks so we have a guaranteed winner every 2 months? My preference is the latter, unless anyone has any objections.

We'll kick off again weekend after next so still time for any further thoughts, I'll open it up for entries at the weekend.

UTB:)

Right chaps, given the comments, it seems clear that the roll-over idea is a go-er. Based on what people have said, and in line with other similar comps, I also think that it should be a complete re-start, no free passes, no-one excluded, open to all. At the end of the day there's no difference in getting it wrong at week 1 or week 7.

Re the additional picks, the only reason we introduced this was to get a winner sooner rather than later, we could have 2 people battling it out for months with 1 pick each. So we either just let it run it's course or maybe have a rule to bring this in, say after 7 weeks so we have a guaranteed winner every 2 months? My preference is the latter, unless anyone has any objections.

We'll kick off again weekend after next so still time for any further thoughts, I'll open it up for entries at the weekend.

UTB:)
I disagree with anyone including me having more than one pick in any stage of the competition, it defeats the object of the game but it’s your rules and if the majority agree with you then I’ll live with it. :)

Happy to go with the majority, although I still think if theres a rollover then anyone jumping in who wasnt in the first one is getting a bit of a cheap shot at it.

Destined to never win one of these anyway, the football gods curses returned in the last one after i'd been going serenely for the first 7 rounds.

I disagree with anyone including me having more than one pick in any stage of the competition, it defeats the object of the game but it’s your rules and if the majority agree with you then I’ll live with it. :)
It's for your benefit Mr Impatient :D
No problem not having extra picks, if we don't, there's also more chance of, say, 2 people getting it wrong which means a bigger pot.

Happy to go with the majority, although I still think if theres a rollover then anyone jumping in who wasnt in the first one is getting a bit of a cheap shot at it.

Destined to never win one of these anyway, the football gods curses returned in the last one after i'd been going serenely for the first 7 rounds.
True, it might encourage someone to join in who hadn't previously but it won't give them any advantage in picking winners. On the other hand, you stand to get a better return if you win:)

Back
Top Bottom