Kyle Walker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mattc481

Reaction score
Remember last summer when Kyle Walker said;

“I've said to people, 'I'd love to finish my career at Sheffield United; that's where I started, and they gave me my chance in football'.

But you never know, they might not want me. But Chris, if you want to take me, I’ll come back soon.”

One can dream

A season long loan with an option to buy this time next year is probably our only (very slim) chance, I suppose. He’s on astronomical wages though. I doubt we’d be able to match them. How much does he want to come back?

A season long loan with an option to buy this time next year is probably our only (very slim) chance, I suppose. He’s on astronomical wages though. I doubt we’d be able to match them. How much does he want to come back?
Obviously to say what he did about a return to the Lane he must be aware of the wage structure an all and to have then seriously said it, to me means he accepts it.
Once a Blade always a Blade runs deep within some.

He has been on huge wages for some years and if he has been sensible (and he always comes across as that sort of bloke) then he probably doesn’t need the money. Some people are not motivated simply by money so he might be happy to take a massive pat cut to come back. At the end of the day £20,000 is not a bad income is it?

He has been on huge wages for some years and if he has been sensible (and he always comes across as that sort of bloke) then he probably doesn’t need the money. Some people are not motivated simply by money so he might be happy to take a massive pat cut to come back. At the end of the day £20,000 is not a bad income is it?
I would do unimaginable things for £20k a week but it’s all relative. £20k a week is a shit income if you’re used to pocketing £100k a week.

By finishing his career, perhaps what Kyle actually meant was that when he gets to Jags age he'll come back for a a season to help as cover and in the dressing room

I suppose what I'm trying to say is, while ever he's on the sort of salary he currently earns, I don't see him coming anywhere near BL

Remember last summer when Kyle Walker said;

“I've said to people, 'I'd love to finish my career at Sheffield United; that's where I started, and they gave me my chance in football'.

But you never know, they might not want me. But Chris, if you want to take me, I’ll come back soon.”

One can dream

Do we want him back?

I can't say I'm bothered tbh. I wasn't bothered about Jags coming back either.

Past their sell by date - the pair of them. Had fantastic careers and all that, but there's no room for sentimentality when you're in the situation we're in. We need to build, build, build. Improve on what we've got and buy players with a future in front of them, not stockpile old expensive players who will take a chunk off the wage bill simply to be here and see their careers out.

Do we want him back?

Past their sell by date - the pair of them. Had fantastic careers and all that, but there's no room for sentimentality when you're in the situation we're in. We need to build, build, build. Improve on what we've got and buy players with a future in front of them, not stockpile old expensive players who will take a chunk off the wage bill simply to be here and see their careers out.
Agree.

I think the Jags thing worked well timing-wise as we were making the step up and needed Prem experience. We now have a squad full of Prem experience (albeit one year). Harder to see why we would need an ageing/expensive Walker.

id imagine that if we are in the PL in 2 years time we might, he will be 32 and wont be getting a sniff at City. His contract is til 2024, rly would hope we dont take him then, he doesnt seem like the kind of player to go on til 38 like Jags

He's not coming here whilst ever he's getting a first team shirt for a potential league winning side.

That said, when he does decide to move on, his experience would be an amazing thing to have around the dressing room, especially as a lifelong Blade, he fits the mold of Wilder and Sharp

Nice sentiment and all that but why would he leave a title contending and Champions League team on money we could only dream of paying?

Hes sensible alright shagging prostitutes in lockdown ;)
He will be in Man Citys plans for next season

Do we want him back?

Kyle Walker is absolutely not past his sell by date. The reason he won’t come back here is because he’s playing at potentially the best team in the world week in week out, whilst getting paid 6 times what he’d get paid at us.

I’d imagine in 2/3 years he might come back and it will feel like a shame as by then he probably will be a bit past it. If he loses his pace it’ll change his game a lot. Shame he couldn’t bin off Man City to come and play for a bigger club

Last year he signed an extension to his contract which keeps him at Man City until Summer 2024. Whatever he said back then, he didn't really mean it. Unless he meant, when I'm a bit past it and nowt better to do, I could come and jog around at Bramall Lane for a bit of extra dosh. I presume Wilder brought Jags in for his PL experience in the dressing room, rather than a genuine back-up player, which I suppose made sense for a newly promoted side with little PL experience, but I would hope that by 2024 that won't be needed anymore - or 2023 if Wilder has a bit of cash spare.

I was always disappointed when Paul Scholes didn't finish his playing career at Oldham as he always said he wanted to. Even at his age his ability on the ball would've been a delight to see in the lower leagues.

Kyle Walker is absolutely not past his sell by date. The reason he won’t come back here is because he’s playing at potentially the best team in the world week in week out, whilst getting paid 6 times what he’d get paid at us.

I’d imagine in 2/3 years he might come back and it will feel like a shame as by then he probably will be a bit past it. If he loses his pace it’ll change his game a lot. Shame he couldn’t bin off Man City to come and play for a bigger club
I thought he was older than 30 tbh. You're probably right then, he's maybe not past his best yet.

He's only 30 and first choice at City. There's more chance of us signing Messi!

I spoke to him about 18 months ago as he visits my store in Manchester occasionally said he was hoping for an extended deal at City then would love to come back but was in his agents hands ( Mark Rankine) Spoke fondly of Utd although his Yorkshire accent seems to have dampened a bit

Totally different players but have a feeling this will be like Lee Gregory situation. Both sides clearly want it to happen, boyhood fans admired by the manager, but I’m not sure the timing will ever be right. Like Gregory, when we’ll be ready to sign Walker, I’m not sure he’ll be good enough for us.

Back
Top Bottom