Incoming? Kyle Walker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We'll revisit this thread in the future then 😂

Imagine Walker as an overlapping RCB in our system...might even keep Bash out of the team for a couple of games

I know, but I wanted to be first responder 🤣
No way will he be back here when on 150k a week.if his contract is to 2024 it is possible a loan deal could be done if he goes down the pecking order and he doesn't play as often as he did + he's lost his england place.
Could be one in the future if we stay in premiership.
He has come all the way through our academy,maybe he feels he owes us something.He,s definitely a wealthy man after the career he,s having.

Talk about making a story out of nothing. Bassett was also asked about it on LoveSport earlier and laughed it off saying how ridiculous it is given (i) his salary (ii) he's a first team regular at Man City (iii) they're in the Champions League (iV) his contract extends for several more years

Pep likes the way we play, shall we have an "Incoming - Pep" Thread aswell? For when t'old Chris goes?

Kyle will be 30 in May, another 4 years when his contract has run out will see him at the ripe old age of 34. Will he be the player that he is now? Unlikely.

Only possibility of this happening is if we stop in the Prem on a permanent basis and we are a mid to high table position team. Our wage structure will have to rise and may fall in to line with what Kyle would want in a 2 to 3 years time.

100% Blade or not, nobody drops a £150,000 per week contract and we shouldn't expect that of him. Also, it's not just his weekly earnings it's also his bonuses and sponsorship deals would take a massive hit if and when he moves away from City. He is probably on £10m a year for the next 4 years.

UTMB

Never ceases to amaze me how much time is given to this going back to Kyle's comments himself a few years ago.

In fairness to Walker he's the kind of lad you could see taking a hefty pay cut to have one last hurrah with us in the PL.

Thing is his contract situation and salary just don't match up to that scenario unfortunately.

People on here would rather have Jack Robinson the Kyle back...... Doesn't give you enough bang for your buck

He’s still firmly city’s number one RB.

I thought there was a very small outside chance that if Joao Cancelo worked out when they signed him from Juve and then in a year or two we’d established ourselves. Walker May have been willing to take a pay cut for a couple of years with us in the PL.

still an absolute mile off as it stands right mow

Didn't this all start a few months ago, when Kyle Walker jokingly said on TV that he wants to finish his career at SUFC, and ended with something like "give me a call, Chris!", while laughing.

Maybe it's an in-joke, with Chris Wilder doing the same back?

We won’t be laughing tomorrow when Man City report Wilder for blatantly trying to tap up a player under contract...

We will only get Kyle back once he is 37 and has one leg missing.

Still world class. Can’t believe dross like Wan-Bissaka and Trippier are above him in the England pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom