Kieron Freeman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd assumed he'd lost his place on the bench because Cranie covers more positions but when Bryan was on the bench last night that didn't look good for him.

I think your assumption was correct.
Cranie can play centre back, right centre back, right wing back or right back.
Freeman can’t realistically play centre back.
Cranie has also consistently played at an higher level and is probably above him in the pecking order.

The only reason that Bryan was selected above him on the bench is because he’s left footed and again could cover more positions (CB, LCB, LWB, LB)

CW doesn’t like to play players on the wrong side of the pitch.
No other conspiracy theories are necessary.

Against Barnet he was better than Richard Stearman and look how everyone is talking about him today.

I’d have thought that the players who featured in the Barnet debacle will have been on the wrong side of a nuclear strength dressing down from Wilder after, that will have sharpened one or two minds,

I think your assumption was correct.
Cranie can play centre back, right centre back, right wing back or right back.
Freeman can’t realistically play centre back.
Cranie has also consistently played at an higher level and is probably above him in the pecking order.

The only reason that Bryan was selected above him on the bench is because he’s left footed and again could cover more positions (CB, LCB, LWB, LB)

CW doesn’t like to play players on the wrong side of the pitch.
No other conspiracy theories are necessary.

This makes perfect sense except when I saw Bryan play I expected it to be the only time I saw Bryan play. Maybe he's a lot better than that performance.

Given he's been written off before (I've certainly been guilty of such), I think it would be daft to yet again pronounce his career at the Lane done with. He's clearly a form player, and it would be wonderful if the stars align and he rediscovers promotion form from a couple of seasons back.

In his last half-dozen games his involvement was very much to the benefit of the opposition. He was playing like a dark-haired Kozluk. That’s not a compliment.

Wondering if he's been carrying some sort of injury, think someone on here said something about a niggling rib injury.

Baldock has a much better engine to play the wingback role, but he really does need to work on his game in the final third. There have been a couple of encouraging signs in some of the recent games – some decent balls to the front post – but his output (1 goal and no assists from 1450 mins) is still much lower than Freeman’s (1 goal and 4 assists from 1400 mins) this season.

These repeating absences mean he has to be on his way in the summer.

But for now, I wouldn't write off the possibility of him coming back in from nowhere and contributing significantly. He's done it before. If his fitness is at an acceptable level there's no reason why he couldn't.

We need him to be ready because Baldock is always likely to get injured too.

Baldock has a much better engine to play the wingback role, but he really does need to work on his game in the final third. There have been a couple of encouraging signs in some of the recent games – some decent balls to the front post – but his output (1 goal and no assists from 1450 mins) is still much lower than Freeman’s (1 goal and 4 assists from 1400 mins) this season.
Agree with your general point but didnt Baldock assist Billy's third vs Villa?

I Like Baldock but in fairness hes probably our least "robust" player and is gonna miss matches ever so often.

If Freeman is out of favour we are gonna need someone to come in as cover at minimum. Not sure whats gone off with KF, if its just a form / fitness thing thats seen him out of the plans but i rate him as a player and creative outlet of the right - so can see him being involved.

IMO wilder would have got rid in Jan if there were any issues with him.

I’d have thought that the players who featured in the Barnet debacle will have been on the wrong side of a nuclear strength dressing down from Wilder after, that will have sharpened one or two minds,
I agree but in retrospect, it worked out ok, if we were still in the cup we'd be off tomorrow and still to play Norwich. Was it Swansea who stuffed us under Warnock when we went up? Maybe it will be worth it?

I'm confident Cranie can play a role at RWB in the absence of the main two and Bash

There are reasons to want either to start.

Cranie because he's earned it and looked surprisingly good there against Boro.

But if Freeman starts, that's an encouraging sign about his fitness, and obviously it's his natural position.

It would be ideal to have a proper choice for RWB ahead of the Pig derby.

I was sat in South Stand for the Barnet match, down towards the kop end, and in the later stages of the match Freeman just didn't look fit and also looked a bit disinterested. However in the last 20 minutes, once we had Duffy and Sharp on, he put in a few lovely crosses right into the danger area at the near post which led to a close miss by Sharp and the goalie's save from Clarke. If only Baldock did that more often. Different players, different strengths I suppose. Just be nice to know that Freeman is fit because we will need as many players as fit as possible in the next couple of months. Wednesday night proved that.

in the later stages of the match Freeman just didn't look fit and also looked a bit disinterested.

Out of interest, how do you distinguish between the two? If he’s looking disinterested surely he’s not running around enough that you can tell he’s unfit? And how do you distinguish both from a player that might just be out of form?

He’s been part of our fitness set-up for two and a half seasons. With the way the squad is drilled I’m wondering how he’s had the opportunity to become unfit.

I'd have thought after what Freeman has done for us there wouldn't be any fans crass enough to slag him off, but times have changed and folks seem to like to peddle poison on social media as if they get an adrenalin rush from it. I wonder; are they the same ones who want/wanted Gary Madine to fail?
Sad gits.

Cranie because he's earned it and looked surprisingly good there against Boro.

Why surprisingly? He’s had a solid career at a good level and isn’t exactly old. He’s a very good and reliable player which is why he was signed.

Why surprisingly? He’s had a solid career at a good level and isn’t exactly old. He’s a very good and reliable player which is why he was signed.

Because he's primarily a centre back.

I've always seen him as a CB who's comfortable at RB. This seems to back it up. He's certainly not a natural RWB in any case.

Screenshot 2019-02-15 at 23.27.38.png

I think this is exactly right--actually both of them should be producing better numbers. I said last season that Baldock looks a Premier League player until he has to cross or shoot. Freeman is better but not better enough to make up for what he lacks in terms of endurance. If we had a player of Enda's quality on that side we'd be even stronger than we already are. As Ricky has said a couple of times, if Wilder gets a free hand in the transfer market, this would be a position to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom