Player Suggestion Kevin McDonald

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Quality player but I’d argue we have more pressing areas with both coutts and Norwood available to focus on if we go for one more.

I know people don’t approve of the way he left but when you look at he left us - got promoted, nearly made the championship playoffs with wolves and got promoted with Fulham. Was hardly a poor career move while earning significantly more.

Proper footballer, rarely gave the ball away, better version of Coutts. Integral part of Wolves (2015 and 2016) and Fulhams (2017 and 2018) championship teams playing around 80 games for each over 2 seasons and people think hes not good enough for us?

Admittedly he wouldn't immediately replace either Fleck or Norwood but he'd he's great reserve and once in the team difficult to shift. There's been no sign that Couttsy is anywhere near back to his best and Lundstram just isn't up to it.
He benched Norwood last year...

Id take him in a heartbeat if the price was right (both transfer fee and wages, which it won't be!).

He's a quality player and would only enhance our midfield. You can never ha e enough quality players.

I get the argument about him leaving us in the lurch and that's fair enough, but he made the right decision for him and his family cos we were a basket case at the time. I'd have no loyalty to him, but purely from a professional can be help get us up, then it would be a big yes from me.

Like the Madine signing, I don't have to like the fella personally, by I think he could help make me a very happy Weasel on Saturday teatime if he helped contribute to another Blades win. Quality players tend to do that.

He gets picked for Scotland ahead of Fleck...:confused:

As does Barry Bannan?

McDonald, in the mood, is a great player, excellent on the ball and very creative. However the stumbling block for me, is he couldn’t leave Bramall Lane quick enough when he was here. Left without a backward glance and dropped us in the shit, so fuck him. No chance, even if he plays for nowt :mad:

They prefer the same role and Fulham chose McDonald to play it. Norwood has a better passing range. McDonald is bigger, stronger, loses the ball less and can carry it. Similar to a peak Coutts, but right now I'd imagine McDonald is at a higher level than him.

Whether he'd be a suitable signing now, I'm not sure. But he's the sort of calibre I was talking about in the time to capitalise thread.
He sounds great ,wonder why he cant get a game for premiership cannon fodder fulham. ?

He sounds great ,wonder why he cant get a game for premiership cannon fodder fulham. ?

Probably because the PL is harder than the Championship and Fulham have spent a fortune.

Back when he played for us he was the only creative player we had in the team, and when he didn't play it showed.

He'd do well for us and would strengthen us. The fact he wouldn't be a starter for us, and would be fighting with a sub for the right to even come on later in a game says a lot about the quality we have in that area.

As does Barry Bannan?

McDonald, in the mood, is a great player, excellent on the ball and very creative. However the stumbling block for me, is he couldn’t leave Bramall Lane quick enough when he was here. Left without a backward glance and dropped us in the shit, so fuck him. No chance, even if he plays for nowt :mad:

Fair enough. Taking the Blades tinted glasses off though I don’t blame him for leaving when he did.

McDonald was a Championship quality player (as he’s proven over the last several years). We had football genius David Weir as manager and were probably paying him in bread and milk. Plus the club were daft enough to put a hilariously low release clause in his contract.

Wolves may have been in the same league that year but were a far more attractive proposition and walked the league.

Fair enough. Taking the Blades tinted glasses off though I don’t blame him for leaving when he did.

McDonald was a Championship quality player (as he’s proven over the last several years). We had football genius David Weir as manager and were probably paying him in bread and milk. Plus the club were daft enough to put a hilariously low release clause in his contract.

Wolves may have been in the same league that year but were a far more attractive proposition and walked the league.

Don’t disagree with any of that Jack.

But I’m still not re signing the woolly headed mercenary arsewipe, I’m sorry, talk as much sense as you like, but as far as I’m concerned, he’s shit a pot full :mad:

Don’t disagree with any of that Jack.

But I’m still not re signing the woolly headed mercenary arsewipe, I’m sorry, talk as much sense as you like, but as far as I’m concerned, he’s shit a pot full :mad:

It’s hypocritical of me to be fair, I’ve said similar about Che Adams, just ‘jug eared’ not ‘woolly headed’ :D

Macdonald is a rolls royce, reckon hes slightly better than norwood .

Dont need him likee but do wanttt:)

This one would really tempt me.

Not sure Norwood or Coutts are good enough to be the central midfield hub for a team trying to get in the top two. And Fleck's not in form.

I'd rather spend on McDonald than Hogan, if it was a choice.

Not sure Norwood or Coutts are good enough to be the central midfield hub for a team trying to get in the top two. And Fleck's not in form.

Norwood has been a brilliant signing, but I know what you're saying. He does have random shithouse matches every four or five games. McDonald would definitely strengthen us.

There’s no chance we’ll be signing him. Just hope he doesn’t go to West Brom

Don’t always agree with you but I do on this one. McDonald would be an instant starter, allowing Norwood to play further up meaning his key passes are in more dangerous areas (whilst also giving it away in less dangerous ones). I’d really push the boat out for him if it’s a feasible option, I’m not sure Hogan improves us - there’s not many games left for him to get up to speed.

I think a lot of people are either unaware or forgetting just what a ballbag McDonald was during his time at Utd - regularly demonstrating an absolutely atrocious attitude to the management, his teammates and the club. Doing forget he also left the ground and went to the pub when he found out he was on the subs bench whilst at Burnley.

He may have grown up a bit and is undoubtedly talented but I'd be absolutely astonished of CW goes for him. Imho he's a much bigger risk of causing disharmony than Madine ever will be.

I think a lot of people are either unaware or forgetting just what a ballbag McDonald was during his time at Utd - regularly demonstrating an absolutely atrocious attitude to the management, his teammates and the club. Doing forget he also left the ground and went to the pub when he found out he was on the subs bench whilst at Burnley.

He may have grown up a bit and is undoubtedly talented but I'd be absolutely astonished of CW goes for him. Imho he's a much bigger risk of causing disharmony than Madine ever will be.

Hasn't he captained Fulham quite recently?

Hasn't he captained Fulham quite recently?

I don't know to be honest but he can't be considered too crucial a player there if he's been made available.

Anyway it sounds as though Pulis wants him

Last edited:
I don't know to be honest but he can't be considered too crucial a player there if he's been made available.

Anyway it sounds as though Pulis wants him
I don't really see him as a Pullis type player at all, though he is 6ft I suppose. He'll be slightly closer to the ball when it's whizzing over his head!

I don't really see him as a Pullis type player at all, though he is 6ft I suppose. He'll be slightly closer to the ball when it's whizzing over his head!
Looked good as a number ten for us. I’d guess he’ll be either playing there or just in front of the defence spraying long passes around.

Looked good as a number ten for us. I’d guess he’ll be either playing there or just in front of the defence spraying long passes around.
I don't see him as a grafter either to be honest. He's a Rolls Royce type. I think Pullis prefers Landrovers!

Talks have been held regarding a possible move in the Summer, but if Fulham come down that might well change.

He'd be replacing one of our midfielders, and it's not Fleck.

Back
Top Bottom