Incoming? kenneth Zahore or Rudi Gestede...?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
Two rumours bouncing around various platforms yesterday...Gestede has been suggested elsewhere but his record isn't great at all....13 goals in 86 games since 2015 between Villa and Boro, although he did hit 32 in 60 prior to that for Blackburn.

Not seen Zahore mentioned before, 21 in 71 for Cardiff, only been involved in 6 Prem games for Cardiff and is currently well out of favour...

Strong, quick, direct and can finish.

If anyone has read my previous comments on him- I take them back. I will have Kenneth please.

Gestede. Always been a fan. Absolute beast.

In the right team he would be menace. Very powerful in the air. We lack aerial threat up top and you’ll struggle to find anyone better for that.

Would be quite happy with Zohore also.

Either would be fantastic, both would be a dream.

If either go out on loan one of the big teams will get them. Zahore loan fee would be waaaaaay out of our budget

Gestede really ain't that good. He's scored 13 goals in 4 seasons... He's only still at a top end Championship club because he's a big f**ker and Pulis is in charge otherwise he'd be at Bolton.

Zohore on the other hand would be a superb signing but I can't see it.

Who knows whether CW is indeed keen on either of these but at least they both would offer something different to the existing strike force. Most of the other names rumoured/suggested e.g. Hogan, Defoe whilst providing a goal threat wouldn't give Utd's attack a different dimension and I couldn't see how any of them could play with Sharp.

Under Chris, I think both would score goals. Gestede is surely a non-starter with him playing for a promotion rival, but Zahore seems possible.

Zahore would be a quality addition based on what I saw of him last season. Surprised he’s not been getting much game time this season, unless he’s been injured. Can’t see Neil and Kevin doing us any favours to be honest though, especially loaning us a forward when they’re in a relegation battle.

Gestede really ain't that good. He's scored 13 goals in 4 seasons... He's only still at a top end Championship club because he's a big f**ker and Pulis is in charge otherwise he'd be at Bolton.

I wonder though whether we need someone of that type – not necessarily with a great goal scoring record, but the sort of player to provide a nuisance in the box that can open up opportunities for others when we’re finding it tough to break teams down. Like the impact Hanson had in League 1, but with a greater ability to deal with Championship defences.

I wonder though whether we need someone of that type – not necessarily with a great goal scoring record, but the sort of player to provide a nuisance in the box that can open up opportunities for others when we’re finding it tough to break teams down. Like the impact Hanson had in League 1, but with a greater ability to deal with Championship defences.
Well I'd rather try and grab Zohore who I think can have much more of an impact in front of goal - he's a big bastard as well

I'd love either/both of those, but Gestede could be what helps the rest of the team contribute to the goal scoring.

Wouldn't it perhaps be better to bring in a striker who actually scores himself - Utd already seem to be well stocked in strikers who don't score :)
We have a striker that scores fine, but we have a squad full of people not scoring.

We have a striker that scores fine, but we have a squad full of people not scoring.

I get your point as others in the squad, particularly the midfielders, obviously don't score enough but currently out of the 4 main strikers, only Sharp is scoring regularly and IMHO an additional striker who will be a good bet to weigh-in with 8-10 goals by the end of the season is required in Jan.

I'd like a big tall fast strong fucker up front, and a little very fast fucker.

Both who ideally know where the net is.

Agana was probably still 6 foot but didn't look it at the side of Deansie.

I remember thinking Littlejohn was small until he moved near me and I stood next to him in a shop. I'm almost 6 foot and he seemed a touch taller if anything.
I always thought Littlejohn was a dwarf until i met him. He was the same size as me - 5' 9"

Both would be top signings for us, especially Zohore. He showed what he's capable of in 2017 and I think we could get him back to that form.

I like both players, but I think Zohore would link better with our current strikers and style of play.

I was wondering what had happened to Zahore. Would be excellent.

I think we can forget a loan from any club in the Championship. Unless they are shit or the club is strapped for cash, like, erm us.

Back
Top Bottom