Player Suggestion Kelechi Iheanacho

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To be fair I agree that if we are to improve on our strikers, and we all accept we do, £25m and £60k per week isn’t outrageous

What is outrageous is paying that for a bloke who has managed 9 goals in 71 appearances for a team that is top 3rd prem and therefore you would expect to create more chances
That’s a goals to game ratio of 1:8
Last season
McB- 1:6
Billy - 1:8
Mousse- 1:5

Bear in mind many of Billy’s games he came on late

Also worth noting Deeney, who many have scoffed at in this section managed 1:2.7 - would cost maybe a fifth in transfer fee and last season was on £65k a week, which with a pay cut probably kicking in following relegation would possibly be cheaper wages wise too.

Too similar to Mousse for me, temperamental and can go missing when it’s not going his way

He's been playing as 10 for Leicester this season often, so his goal per game ratio is far less meaningful.

Funnily enough, he has a lot of similar qualities to McGoldrick - another man not to be judged on his goal per game ratio.

I am sure that could be said at every club, it is a risk you take when trying to improve your team.
We improved year on year without breaking our structure and grow the wage bill slowly and in a managed fashion each season. There’s no way we should blow the discipline for a young forward who’s twice failed to establish himself in a good side, or even return a decent number of goals per game at either.
You talk as if blowing the budget is the only way, despite significant evidence to the contrary.

We improved year on year without breaking our structure and grow the wage bill slowly and in a managed fashion each season.
You talk as if blowing the budget is the only way, despite significant evidence to the contrary.

I am not saying we have to go out and spend gung ho but invest wisely on players that CW believes can make a real difference to our team.

I am not saying we have to go out and spend gung ho but invest wisely on players that CW believes can make a real difference to our team.
Like a young kid who’s not delivered at 2 clubs already?
We got Berge last year without selling out our principles. What’s wrong with continuing down that route?

He's been playing as 10 for Leicester this season often, so his goal per game ratio is far less meaningful.

Funnily enough, he has a lot of similar qualities to McGoldrick - another man not to be judged on his goal per game ratio.

Fair point, however....
If we are looking for a goal scorer, he isn’t it

He created 3 assists last season again Goldies 2, so are we going to spunk £25m and £60k pw for 1 assist a season??

Either way It doesn’t add up does it?!

Not a Pukki fan but he would get Into double figures for less🙂

Worth noting he’s mentioned on the Tifo podcast this week where they say he plays more as a link man upfront rather than and out and out number 9 so he could be a long term answer to the didsy question and maybe that makes his goal scoring record more palatable

Fair point, however....
If we are looking for a goal scorer, he isn’t it

He created 3 assists last season again Goldies 2, so are we going to spunk £25m and £60k pw for 1 assist a season??

Either way It doesn’t add up does it?!

Not a Pukki fan but he would get Into double figures for less🙂

I'm not saying we could afford him, in fact I'm saying Leicester would be daft to sell him.

I just think hes a good player, and if money was no object, he'd be an ideal alternative to McGoldrick.

He’s definitely more McG than Moose...playing as no 10 for Leicester. Good in possession with an eye for a pass. Expect him to have a breakout season if he gets a run of games next year. Think he’s undervalued by Leicester like Demerai Gray - would like him as well, but we’d have to transform him into a CF because he’s a bit too wingery for us.

You're whining about wages aren't you?
One man's investing, is another man's spunking money without having a clue and fucking the future of the club.

How is spending 60k risking things?
Like a young kid who’s not delivered at 2 clubs already?
We got Berge last year without selling out our principles. What’s wrong with continuing down that route?

Never said it was wrong.
He’s definitely more McG than Moose...playing as no 10 for Leicester. Good in possession with an eye for a pass. Expect him to have a breakout season if he gets a run of games next year. Think he’s undervalued by Leicester like Demerai Gray - would like him as well, but we’d have to transform him into a CF because he’s a bit too wingery for us.

Would love Gray and Iheanacho think they would both flourish in our team.

How is spending 60k risking things?
Every player would need a rise to equivalent keep spirit, all on contracts, it's our first year back. If it doesn't work we are lumbered.
Do you realise how many clubs have thought it was a good idea to spend big to go up / stay up?
Anyway, luckily the people who want the club to do well and be sustainable will do the best job as they have done up to now.

Surely we must have broken our existing wage structure to bring Berge in? That suggests that if the right player is available and deemed important enough to our system, we'll adjust to fit them in.
Also, isn't the increase in the squad's wages an ever-evolving thing ie. when the time comes to offer a new contract, the wage in the offer will increase as appropriate to the value of the player to the club.
We have to adjust with the market and if we do consolidate this season and become a Premier League mainstay, we can't expect to keep paying the same amount ad nauseam.
It's probably likely that Wilder hasn't identified Iheanacho as the long term successor to Didzy and one to build a team around, but it's tiresome that every suggestion is getting shot-down on account of player wages (it's not like they're ridiculous calls for us to sign Messi, it's a player on the fringes of Leicester's first team).

Seems like there's impossible rules to follow for player suggestions:
  • Plays for another Prem team = wages too high
  • Squad player for another Prem team = not good enough to get in their team, so not good enough for us
  • Plays for a lower division team = not good enough (or Villa/Fulham will offer more money and sign 'em anyway)
  • Bit older/"journeyman" = past it, bad attitude, no better than what we've got, wages too high
Doesn't leave us many options

Contract expires in the summer. Out of favour at Leicester with Daka and Cannon getting into the 11 over him.

Could be well worth a punt in the Championship if we go down with Archer leaving. He's not that old at 27.
5 goals and an assist in 19 games this season.
5 goals and 5 assists in the Premier League last season.

Contract expires in the summer. Out of favour at Leicester with Daka and Cannon getting into the 11 over him.

Could be well worth a punt in the Championship if we go down with Archer leaving. He's not that old at 27.
5 goals and an assist in 19 games this season.
5 goals and 5 assists in the Premier League last season.
Tbh I would have him in PL this season, I just don't think we can afford his wages.

Interesting shout. I imagine he's on pretty huge wages unfortunately. Screams Saudi Pro League in the summer, to me as he's got a relatively big reputation.

Interesting shout. I imagine he's on pretty huge wages unfortunately. Screams Saudi Pro League in the summer, to me as he's got a relatively big reputation.

Him and Origi I can see landing deals over in Saudi Arabia now.

Back
Top Bottom