Player Suggestion Kelechi Iheanacho

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jon P

Magherafelt Blade
Reaction score
23yo striker not getting a look in at Leicester, obviously be a loan (he cost Leicester £25m). Not sure on his style of play, thinking more Mousset style than Didzy?

The thing with clubs like City is that due to their dominance and the quality of player they have, they could throw Conor Sammon up top and he'd get at least 10 a season.

Someone doing this at 19 is automatically catapulted up to 25m levels irrespective of if they're any good or not.

Goal and assist yesterday.

Get him in, play him in the Didzy role...job's a good 'un.

Looks like he's on the move either way, abroad mentioned in a few articles

Iheanacho is a top player. I'd be shocked if Leicester even considered selling him.

He's good enough that we probably would break open the wage structure for him. But the fee would be huge, plus bigger/richer teams would bid.

We are a premier league team and need to add better quality strikers we are not going to get better quality than we have for peanuts.

You keep saying that. The problem is you’re not going to be the catalyst to us paying £60k a week for a striker so I’d look at realistic targets instead of pie in the sky ones.

You keep saying that. The problem is you’re not going to be the catalyst to us paying £60k a week for a striker so I’d look at realistic targets instead of pie in the sky ones.

How is it pie in the sky? we are looking to add better quality than we already have, and 60k per week isn't an earth shattering amount for a player of Inheanachos quality he could easily get us 10+ goals.

How is it pie in the sky? we are looking to add better quality than we already have, and 60k per week isn't an earth shattering amount for a player of Inheanachos quality he could easily get us 10+ goals.

It’s pie in the sky because it is highly unlikely to happen. He’s played for Leicester and Man City in recent years. I keep seeing loads of aspirational names on here. Some people just need to get a bit more realistic about who we can attract.

Can't see them selling. He looked good for them last year.

Would be a phenomenal signing if we could afford to pay his wages, something I doubt.

It’s pie in the sky because it is highly unlikely to happen. He’s played for Leicester and Man City in recent years. I keep seeing loads of aspirational names on here. Some people just need to get a bit more realistic about who we can attract.

Why couldn't we attract Inheanacho? We have one of the best managers in the league and one of the best team spirits.

Wilder is an ambitious manager too and already stated he wants to add better quality to the squad, I dont see no reason why he couldn't pull it off.

23. Played 20 games for Leicester last season. Reportedly on £60k per week. A little bit out of our league, albeit literally in the same league.

Does anyone really know who our top earner is and how much their on , my bet is Sander and I guessing on 45grand a week , but it’s all total guess work

To be fair I agree that if we are to improve on our strikers, and we all accept we do, £25m and £60k per week isn’t outrageous

What is outrageous is paying that for a bloke who has managed 9 goals in 71 appearances for a team that is top 3rd prem and therefore you would expect to create more chances
That’s a goals to game ratio of 1:8
Last season
McB- 1:6
Billy - 1:8
Mousse- 1:5

Bear in mind many of Billy’s games he came on late

Also worth noting Deeney, who many have scoffed at in this section managed 1:2.7 - would cost maybe a fifth in transfer fee and last season was on £65k a week, which with a pay cut probably kicking in following relegation would possibly be cheaper wages wise too.

Too similar to Mousse for me, temperamental and can go missing when it’s not going his way

Why couldn't we attract Inheanacho? We have one of the best managers in the league and one of the best team spirits.

Wilder is an ambitious manager too and already stated he wants to add better quality to the squad, I dont see no reason why he couldn't pull it off.
What happens to the team spirit when new boy comes in on 3x wages?

We don’t pay enough wages and no matter how much people whinge about it, we aren’t going to change that.

Back
Top Bottom