Kean Bryan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mcfc blade

Reaction score
There's a lot of people who reckon Bryan should be shipped out on loan or not good enough for the 1st team. I believe he played in midfield last night and played well from what i heard I know it's against semi pro team there's an old saying in football you can only play what's in front of you. So that means he's played lb lcb and midfield there's not many footballers who play al these positions so I ask this do you not think he could save utb a couple of million in the transfer window ?

He's been involved during ore season games so I suppose Wilder will be using him at some point.

It's upto Kean to push for a starting birth. Last season was a complete write off and he will have to work hard to earn himself a place.

We hardly saw anything of him last season.....he seemed to mysteriously spend months building up his fitness.
When he played in the Barnet FA cup tie he looked poor but so did plenty of others.

Anyhow he’s constantly involved in and around the squad.
It’s pretty clear Wilder rates him and thinks he has a big future, so that’s good enough for me....i’ll stay patient and give him a chance.

Can you hand on heart see him playing in the first team any time soon?

I find it odd that a young player like this would want to sit around. He should be playing football. Even a 6 month loan would do him no harm at all.

I find it odd that a young player like this would want to sit around. He should be playing football. Even a 6 month loan would do him no harm at all.
Your right he needs to play but none of us know what being said behind the scenes

He showed in midfield last night that he's more than good enough technically for LCB.

Was consistent all through the game.

Keeping him here is the best thing to do now considering our recruitment.

Good to hear. The one area I have concerns about is LCB if JOC gets injured.

He’s been coming back from an injury followed by a debilitating viral illness that wrote off last season. I know he’s highly rated within the club. Give him a chance, we haven’t seen enough to judge yet.

We have quite a lot of players to try and ship out before the deadline

He played well last night, took his chance.
He'd benefit from half a season at the top end of the championship imo. Needs minutes.
Knowsnowt would agree with this if we could guarantee JOC would not get injured, but we can't. So really feel we need him for cover and who knows may flourish if gets the chance (as can happen) Also need to keep enough home grown players as we now have a French player!

O
He’s been coming back from an injury followed by a debilitating viral illness that wrote off last season. I know he’s highly rated within the club. Give him a chance, we haven’t seen enough to judge yet.
Of course he is highly rated by the club. That is not disputed.

What I am saying is if he is coming back from injury and a debilitating illness that has kept him out for a season then 3 or 4 appearances in the first team tops before the turn of this year is no use to him at all.
He should be going out on loan to play 25 to 30 games week in week out and come back in January fully fit, with games under his belt and ready to go.

Knowsnowt would agree with this if we could guarantee JOC would not get injured, but we can't. So really feel we need him for cover and who knows may flourish if gets the chance (as can happen) Also need to keep enough home grown players as we now have a French player!
But the cover is Edna Stevens or Jags.

Redhead don't see Jags on the left side, and much prefer Stevens at LWB and even then that only leaves Osborn as the only left footed defender. We have been spoilt by JOC injury record and performances and I would not take it for granted that we don't need the extra player in Kean Bryan.

Redhead don't see Jags on the left side, and much prefer Stevens at LWB and even then that only leaves Osborn as the only left footed defender. We have been spoilt by JOC injury record and performances and I would not take it for granted that we don't need the extra player in Kean Bryan.
You don’t think that is why Osborne has arrived. As cover if Edna has to go into the back 3.

He showed in midfield last night that he's more than good enough technically for LCB.

Was consistent all through the game.

Keeping him here is the best thing to do now considering our recruitment.
Good shout I seen him play at holding midfielder as well for city all through the age groups and he really excelled there as well cos the boy really can tackle

difficult one - could really do with regular games next season. League 1 perhaps to get fully fit.

That said an injury to JOC and he’s on the bench minimum as well as being probably 3rd choice lb and 2nd choice if we wanted a defensive mid.

Maybe see if we can add anymore before the deadline and then loan in him. Or reassess at Xmas

Basham, Jags, Stearman, JOC, Egan, Stevens.

As 7th CB choice I just can’t see that after a year out, hoping for the odd game is any way to recover fully from it.
The lad needs games.

It’ll be interesting to see if Wilder gets him involved in the last friendly and in what capacity.

I’ve seen all the pre-season games except Burton, and he’s about 6’1 or 6’2, looked strong, with a decent passing range - I reckon he could actually be the defensive midfielder we’ve been looking for

He can’t half jump. Won a header at Chesterfield that was at lest 9ft in air... could win a header when attacking from a corner though...

Basham, Jags, Stearman, JOC, Egan, Stevens.

As 7th CB choice I just can’t see that after a year out, hoping for the odd game is any way to recover fully from it.
The lad needs games.
For me, you're making the mistake of grouping all our centre backs as one. With how Wilder deploys them, they really need to be split up into ones that can play LCB, Central and RCB.

LCB: O'Connell, Stevens, Bryan
Central: Egan, Stearman, Jagielka
RCB: Basham, Jagielka

I'm personally not a fan of our options at RCB or the cover we have at LCB, but Bryan has impressed this pre season and I reckon we can't afford to loan him out unless we bring someone in that can play the LCB role.

Back
Top Bottom