Incoming? Kalvin Phillips

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Phillips was never a player we would land even if Wilder wanted him. Wilder has to shop at a different outlets to every other Premiership club, can he keep picking up bargains who can perform at this level time will tell.

Just stinks off poor recruitment and planning that bid, they’ve got IMO McGinn and Hourihane are better, he’d be 3rd choice.

We're PL paupers. Was always going to be this way.

Only way it will change is if Wilder performs unrealistic miracles over the next few seasons, or we get new owners.

Not palatable to many I know, and I agree the game has become obscene, but McCabe will never be in a position to consolidate us as a PL team so realistically the only option is new owners.

That possibility seems to frighten people but the facts are that KM is over 70, supposedly wants out, and therefore being a PL team gives us the best opportunity considering how little interest we've had for years.

Just the court farce to navigate though.

Villa have gone right next to Man Utd on my list of hated cancerous wanker clubs heavily responsible for distorting an already fucked up market.

I hope they crash and burn. And there's every chance they will.

That is proper crazy money and theres no way we would want to spend that but also we dont want to be the 50yr oldl living at home as we think a 3 bed semi should still cost 80k !

Unfortunately its the market and a player is worth whatever someone is willing to pay and at the minute there seems to be plenty of clubs willing to pay a fortune.

These sort of.figures make me.sceptical that we can pick up Freeman for.3-4m as theres no way Phillip's is worth 7x that amount

There were clubs willing to pay a fortune for players last season whilst we went about our business of picking up the better ones for much less (McGoldrick). We could have spent £5m+ on Waghorn instead as apparently he was worth that.

Wilder will have a number in mind that he thinks each player is worth and we’ll go from there.

Villa have gone right next to Man Utd on my list of hated cancerous wanker clubs heavily responsible for distorting an already fucked up market.

I hope they crash and burn. And there's every chance they will.
Agree re Villa but it's not a distorted market...its the market...and like any market it's made up of buyers and sellers. At the minute premiership revenues are going through the roof hence player prices are following.

A premiership place is apparently.worth £150m and Villa.look determined to spend most of theirs which is their prerogative. We on the other hand, if rumours are correct, have a budget between £20m and £30m, which may be right, it.may be wrong.

Some may argue we should be spending more. What's important is whether Wilder is happy which he seems to be so let's hope he can conjure up more rabbits in a league where rabbits may find it harder to perform.

God I hope Villa do a Fulham and royally overspend before fucking up entirely... £25m :oops:

That's got to be made up ,I would be fucking fuming if we bid 25m for him
What does he do ?
Hes a modern day nick Montgomery

Would have liked us to sign him as think he would be a good addition . At that price it’s a HUGE risk given he’s only ever looked outstanding under Beilsa, he was a bit part championship before that.

Is he going to have the same impact under a new manager?

If he has a poor season next year who’s gonna pay even 20% of that price for him?

Id be gutted if we spent £10m on Phillips. Dont want him. There are better players out there and i thought he might be an expensive mistake for us.

Pleased if he goes elsewhere.

I see Jack Clarke has been linked with a £7m move to Spurs. I know which player i would rather have.

Ridiculous in fact no it's not its fooking ridiculous. Where on earth have they plucked that figure from ? Roll two dice and see what numbers turn up perhaps :rolleyes:

Just noticed on OneFootball that we're apparently interested and bidding on Kalvin Phillips, surely bollocks? Or a mix up with Matt Phillips?

Leeds United reject two big offers for Kalvin Phillips via @OnefootballEN. Read it here:

Screenshot_20190731-043038.pngScreenshot_20190731-043051.png

This is one of the few where I'm glad our bid is rejected.

If he's worth 20 million, then Robinson is worth 50 mill.

It seems clear that we are after a central midfielder who can put himself.about and get up and down the pitch so it's possible we have bid for him. 20m seems ridiculous bit that's todays market.

What is exciting is we are being linked with the kind of player who costs 20m, I never thought that would happen even in the Premier League

Im sure we have had an interest in him, but im far from convinced that we have made any bid for him, let alone a bid of £20m plus!!

Dont believe it.

I'm so glad that the least interesting football pundit in the world wants us to sign this player
I hope his monotone drone convinces wilder and we sign him
I've been so impressed with his performances for Leeds of doing absolutely fuck all I've brought myself an invisible football to work on my skills

You have "brought" yourself. ✖

Surely you mean "bought" yourself. ✔

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/brought-vs-bought/

£25 million for Phillips? Seriously?

What price JOC? Think it was Brighton that valued him at £8 mil? Football inflation, the world appears to have turned on it's axis.

I don't dislike Phillips, but he's not shown enough to come anywhere close to the quoted figure. If we're to buy midfield back-up I'd go for Arter, at least he has Prem experience and has impressed in B'mouth's set-up.

Can’t stand him. Think he’s an absolute cockroach. Probably nailed on he’ll play for us then.

He is what some on here think Lundstram is, a top prospect in that position but way too pricey.

Can’t stand him. Think he’s an absolute cockroach. Probably nailed on he’ll play for us then.

Dont really like him either, but hes the type of player Wilder could get giving 110% week in week out especially with the added bonus of playing against Prem opposition..

Back
Top Bottom