Incoming? Kalvin Phillips

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

• Banned
I agree. It does seem like a bit of a strange one and I'd expect it to be bullshit. We do need to be looking at alternatives to Hammond though.

There might be something in this. I notice Nigel mentioned Steve Holmes as Academy recruitment in today's interview. He has presumably replaced Mark Grayson who has gone to the Pigs.

If it's the same person, Holmes was at Leeds's academy until early August. Cellino looks like he's continued being an arse over their Academy with Redfearn refusing to go back to a job at Leeds's academy.

Maybe, Holmes's first recommendation is to look at Phillips. I doubt that is with a view to our first team at the moment though.

There might be something in this. I notice Nigel mentioned Steve Holmes as Academy recruitment in today's interview. He has presumably replaced Mark Grayson who has gone to the Pigs.

If it's the same person, Holmes was at Leeds's academy until early August. Cellino looks like he's continued being an arse over their Academy with Redfearn refusing to go back to a job at Leeds's academy.

Maybe, Holmes's first recommendation is to look at Phillips. I doubt that is with a view to our first team at the moment though.

How come an academy guy can recommend a player before he's landed but the chief scout can't find a CH?

Decnt young player, however if we we're to sign any youngster on loan from Leeds i'd rather it be Chris Dawson. That boy is quality, he'd boss this league imo

He has presumably replaced Mark Grayson who has gone to the Pigs.

Mark is a Blade fan as my son went to his training sessions some years ago and on a few occasions he would catch the same bus as me coming back from Blades home games and ask my son if he knows anyone from his age group would be worth for SUFC Academy to look at. Wonder what made him decide to work for Wendy Academy?

Mark is a Blade fan as my son went to his training sessions some years ago and on a few occasions he would catch the same bus as me coming back from Blades home games and ask my son if he knows anyone from his age group would be worth for SUFC Academy to look at. Wonder what made him decide to work for Wendy Academy?

They will probably have offered him about 40 grand a week. Because they're not desperate or illogical. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back at United in the long term.

There's a little bit about him on the OS and from that I take him to be an avid Blade. I think there are two possibilities, Chansiri chucking money at their Academy and deciding recruitment is a big problem. Or Adkins knew Holmes was available, maybe he has worked with him and wanting to appoint his man.

I'm guessing but I think it must be the former, money has lured him away.

They will probably have offered him about 40 grand a week. Because they're not desperate or illogical. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back at United in the long term.
There's a little bit about him on the OS and from that I take him to be an avid Blade. I think there are two possibilities, Chansiri chucking money at their Academy and deciding recruitment is a big problem. Or Adkins knew Holmes was available, maybe he has worked with him and wanting to appoint his man.

Will ask a workmate who used to work at SWFC Academy. He knows Mark quite well

Been told Mark left about two weeks ago as he was offered a higher position at SWFC

Annnnnd hello again Kalvin. Maybe?

Or are you too expensive?

I can see why wilder would want him and would be a good addition and very versatife. I think Leeds will need to sell a few to go again but I am sure Shackleton could take over from him.

Would prefer Reece James but think Phillips is probably more realistic

Annnnnd hello again Kalvin. Maybe?

Or are you too expensive?

Probably too expensive. Would be my number 1 target. Can play in numerous positions, is a bit of a dick and can finish as well.

He’s one of Leeds more consistent players, neat and tidy on the ball, works hard and not afraid to put a tackle in...as Baldock can conform!
Not convinced of his defensive talents, certainly as a CB given the farcical defending he was part of that saw their keeper sent off against us. Wing back maybe but not a centre half at all.

But one of a few Leeds lads who are very good on the ball, with Roberts, Harrison and Clarke certainly worth a look. In fact if we could take all of them I think I would. Add them to the squad next season and they are young players with a lot of experience who could kick on and be top players in the next 2-3 years. And building for the future is still a very important part of our mission under Wilder

I'm not bothered if we spunk some dosh on him. If he's balls, the hype around a young English player will be such that we'd likely sell him on for a decent profit. Bring him in! Plus, Knilly rates him and that man can coach!

Let them gave him. Im not overly convinced on him. There are other players id prefer from the Dirties such Roofe, Harrison, and Clarke.

Back
Top Bottom