Jurgen Klopp, Einstein and the Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
I read this quote from Jurgen Klopp the other day and thought what a fantastic attitude to have. Maybe us Blades fans should also consider this?
"Going to the final was fantastic but in life – in all departments of life, including your job – if only the best counts and effort doesn’t count then life is shit. If I’m not as smart as Einstein should I not try even a little bit because I will never be him? I love the challenge. Make the best of it. That is how I learn life and a little bit in football. In the end other people have to judge that.”
We have had a fantastic couple of years under Wilder, the best football I have seen. Yes it isn't perfect, yes Norwood's misplaced pass on Friday was annoying, yes we overplay it at times, but the passion the players show cannot be questioned. In the end our best may not be good enough, but that doesn't mean we should turn against the team. Our season shouldn't just be judged on whether we go up. One day we will no doubt return to the insipid performances we have seen all too often over the years and we will look back with nostalgia at this era.
Finally, what a fantastic manager Jurgen Klopp is. Not Chris Wilder good, but still very good!

I read this quote from Jurgen Klopp the other day and thought what a fantastic attitude to have. Maybe us Blades fans should also consider this?
"Going to the final was fantastic but in life – in all departments of life, including your job – if only the best counts and effort doesn’t count then life is shit. If I’m not as smart as Einstein should I not try even a little bit because I will never be him? I love the challenge. Make the best of it. That is how I learn life and a little bit in football. In the end other people have to judge that.”
We have had a fantastic couple of years under Wilder, the best football I have seen. Yes it isn't perfect, yes Norwood's misplaced pass on Friday was annoying, yes we overplay it at times, but the passion the players show cannot be questioned. In the end our best may not be good enough, but that doesn't mean we should turn against the team. Our season shouldn't just be judged on whether we go up. One day we will no doubt return to the insipid performances we have seen all too often over the years and we will look back with nostalgia at this era.
Finally, what a fantastic manager Jurgen Klopp is. Not Chris Wilder good, but still very good!
. I think Mr Klopps £300mill war chest made the effort slightly easier, like to see his opinion on effort if he had to manage somebody like Grimsby!!

. I think Mr Klopps £300mill war chest made the effort slightly easier, like to see his opinion on effort if he had to manage somebody like Grimsby!!
Well he started his managerial career at Mainz, who were on a right downer with hardly 2 halfpennies to rub together and made a pretty good fist of that!

It must be nice to have a great deal of money to buy and pay big wages but it creates a lot of pressure to get it right in the same light Manchester United have spent a similar amount and got their manager the sack, Liverpool and Klopp may have spent a fortune but the money will be generated through TV etc and their world wide marketing they are after all a global club.

We've got Woodward and Currie, and with Eddie Colquhoun ...

Only 137 days until we can be rid of that 'orrid shirt.

It must be nice to have a great deal of money to buy and pay big wages but it creates a lot of pressure to get it right in the same light Manchester United have spent a similar amount and got their manager the sack, Liverpool and Klopp may have spent a fortune but the money will be generated through TV etc and their world wide marketing they are after all a global club.

Having money in football makes the job much easier. People think that signing a superstar international for £80 million creates pressure, but it doesn't. You get a superstar international player worth £80 million who is playing with other superstar internationals worth £80 million.

If signings don't work out for whatever reason they can be sold for the same massive amount of money that they were bought for because they are already superstar internationals. So mistakes are not that costly. Pogba is a complete twat, but Man Utd aren't going to be in the shit when they sell him.

If we spent £3 million on a striker and he didn't score goals we'd be fucked, because we'd get hardly any money back for him, that's what pressure for a manager is.

His net spend is behind all the top clubs with the exception of Spurs, since he took over. Pochettino's a magician.

I'd recommend Raphael Honigstein's Klopp:Bring the noise It's full of great quotes and insight into the pressing style of play.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom