JTW Schadenfreude Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some form of fee. I know I’m going to be hammered for my post. “Fleck was free, JOC was free” etc. And they’re integral. So my point is moot, in a way. But instead of reinvesting a good portion of the Brooks money, we sign frees and loans.

That's not true though is it? We spent fees on both Egan and Norwood.

Was Madine top choice? It’s akin to going on a website and clicking ‘lowest to highest’ on the price filters. Give him what he asks for. It’s frustrating that we’re so close.

Firstly, you don't know what Wilder asked for: I've heard him say on a number of occasions that this year's budget is competitive and we all know how much he hates "spunkin' money"

Secondly; where do you think the revenues made from transfers go, if they're not reinvested back into transfer fees?

This.

No matter what fee we receive, we’ll never see it properly reinvested. All this talk of bolstering the squad in the summer, although true, still leaves Wilder pulling rabbits out of hats. He’s working at 110%. It’s like trying to win formula 1 in a skoda....

Are you suggesting the owners are pulling that money out of the club then?

Are you suggesting the owners are pulling that money out of the club then?

I think we also must remember that there are high operating costs (wages, ground maintenance etc..). I'm sure that with the ownership dispute ongoing neither wants to put any additional monies in, so some of the fee must have gone towards overall running costs along with the fees for Egan, Norwood and the loan fees.

Just guessing really as I don't have any knowledge of the accounts.

I think we also must remember that there are high operating costs (wages, ground maintenance etc..). I'm sure that with the ownership dispute ongoing neither wants to put any additional monies in, so some of the fee must have gone towards overall running costs along with the fees for Egan, Norwood and the loan fees.

Just guessing really as I don't have any knowledge of the accounts.

That's what I was getting at. Unless the owners are pulling the money out then it's still going towards the running costs of the club, even if it isn't going directly on transfer fees.

People are saying it was reinvested in Norwood and Egan BUT and a big BUT are you suggesting we had absolutely no / next to nothings transfer budget if we didn't sell Brooks?

That's what I was getting at. Unless the owners are pulling the money out then it's still going towards the running costs of the club, even if it isn't going directly on transfer fees.

Sorry, just realised that it looked like I was having a pop, I wasn't, it was just a general statement.

Also, who knows... there might have been a bit of foresight to suggest that "they" have considered next season aswell and that the ownership fight will extend into 2019/2020 so have put some of the cash aside to help out next season.

Sorry, just realised that it looked like I was having a pop, I wasn't, it was just a general statement.

Also, who knows... there might have been a bit of foresight to suggest that "they" have considered next season aswell and that the ownership fight will extend into 2019/2020 so have put some of the cash aside to help out next season.

I didn't read it like you were having a pop, just merely pointing out the same thing I was trying to get at.

People are saying it was reinvested in Norwood and Egan BUT and a big BUT are you suggesting we had absolutely no / next to nothings transfer budget if we didn't sell Brooks?

That's exactly the point.

We're a loss making buisness, there is no surplus at the end of the year; the opposite in fact.

The company currently loses £6 million / annum. This has previously been covered by income from sell on clauses in the Walker, Maguire and Murphy deals or what in effect have been loans / gifts from the two owners.
The current dispute between the owners meant that neither were prepared to put money in to cover operating costs and subsequently funds from the sale of Brooks were required to provide a transfer budget and cover running costs.

I forgot he was even there. Only started 9 games for them. I wonder how much he cost them

I was convinced he'd have an impact reminiscent of Matty Phillips in league 1. How wrong could I be?

Oh well, poor Villa.:rolleyes:

Chris Mepham has gone to Bournemouth for 12m+.

Sounds like similar deal to Brooks.

Whilst they are not pushing for the play offs, it does make Brentford weaker for when we next play them.

Chris Mepham has gone to Bournemouth for 12m+.

Sounds like similar deal to Brooks.

Whilst they are not pushing for the play offs, it does make Brentford weaker for when we next play them.

Brentford fans have a habit of playing down how good their departing players are eg Jack and Egan, both of whom were only really back up players according to them, maybe Mepham’s one of those.

According to the Mirror, Southampton are offering 8m for Che Adams.

Assuming we got 2m and a 25% sell-on, we'd be in for a 1.5m windfall.

The consensus seems to be that Brum would not be able to replace and being 7 off the playoffs they still probably hold some hope though there is a fair bit of traffic between them and the top six.

That all points to no sale from a football perspective but if they can squeeze say 10m+, for a club reporting losses of 37.5m, that must be tempting. Otherwise they will be stuffed under P&S for the next 3 years.

A sale is certainly good for us and neither Che nor Calvert-Lewin were finished articles when we sold them. It will certainly make for an interesting few days plus we still have to play Brum. The weaker the better!

Bakary Sako gone back to Palace from West Brom on a free. Was on £30k/week. West Brom now looking for another striker.

Are we feeling good about starting this thread yet? Haha

The biggest laugh is ALWAYS on the blades. People should know this by now - if fleck goes, we have no viable replacement and can kiss goodbye to promotion imo.

It's a praise from me Seth.

We've signed 3 good quality players, 2 well before the deadline, while nobody around us has strengthened much and are leaving it until deadline day to make important signings. Nobody has recruited as efficiently as us, so well done to the club for that.

West Brom are the big ones for me. Lost Barnes and haven't replaced him, but are being linked with Jefferson Montero.

Leeds surprise me, they should have brought in serious quality by now but haven't. Linked with Ivan Cavaleiro though.

Sam Vokes looks like going to Stoke, which is fine by me if it means he's not going to Boro.

Chalobah would be a superb signing for anyone at this level. Think it was Villa and West Brom (?) that have been linked today.

FFS......the worlds greatest footballer goes to Forest on loan, and we weren't even in the running, wake up United!

10:00 - Pele [Monaco - Nottingham Forest] Loan

West Brom are the big ones for me. Lost Barnes and haven't replaced him, but are being linked with Jefferson Montero.
West Brom look to have pushed the boat out for a promotion push:
- Johansen from Fulham
- Jacob Murphy from The Toon
- Montero from Swansea (surprisingly he's not started a game for Swansea this season)
Haven't done anything to shore up their leaky defence though.
Have Swansea got financial issues? Seem to have lost quite a few in this window.

West Brom look to have pushed the boat out for a promotion push:
- Johansen from Fulham
- Jacob Murphy from The Toon
- Montero from Swansea (surprisingly he's not started a game for Swansea this season)
Haven't done anything to shore up their leaky defence though.
Have Swansea got financial issues? Seem to have lost quite a few in this window.

Montero has contributed as a sub a few times (including against us). Good player.

I'm not sure Swansea have financial issues - it's more that the wages of some of the players they have offloaded (notably Bony) were astronomical in Championship terms.

I'm not sure Swansea have financial issues - it's more that the wages of some of the players they have offloaded (notably Bony) were astronomical in Championship terms.

I think those sorts of departures were expected and not wholly opposed by Swansea fans. The potential Fer departure was also understandable given his contract is up in the summer. The Daniel James near-transfer though was met with pretty much total incredulity. The fact that like Fer it collapsed doesn’t get away from the fact that the Swansea board were willing to let a key prospect and key part of Potter’s team leave in this window, which has understandably raised alarm bells re: their financial state.

I think those sorts of departures were expected and not wholly opposed by Swansea fans. The potential Fer departure was also understandable given his contract is up in the summer. The Daniel James near-transfer though was met with pretty much total incredulity. The fact that like Fer it collapsed doesn’t get away from the fact that the Swansea board were willing to let a key prospect and key part of Potter’s team leave in this window, which has understandably raised alarm bells re: their financial state.
And Hugh Jenkins has quit. I think that’s Swansea about done.

Back
Top Bottom