Joshua King

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From the pig end

Reaction score
I thought I'd read it on here already but I can't seem to find it, anyway, just heard the rumour that King and Defoe are our top targets.
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrubbish Twitter sourse but I thought I would bring it up anyway.
28, still at Bournemouth, played a part in most games this season, was their top scorer 2 years ago when they finished 9th in the Premier League with 16 goals.

The more I read about him the less I believe it but I thought I would see what you fellas thought.

King would be a great signing but I don't believe it for.a minute. Didn't they pay a fortune for him and he's involved in their first team squad

King would be a great signing but I don't believe it for.a minute. Didn't they pay a fortune for him and he's involved in their first team squad
Turned down a contract and went on a free with the sounds of it.
Only signed a 4 year contract August 2017 but we know what they are worth.

I took it that he meant Andy King but I could be wrong.

???? King would cost upwards of £25m. There's a fair argument he's one of their better players.

That's an odd one, even for here
I may have jumped the gun with "king".

I thought a 6month loan could be possible with Howe knowing our style but if he's in and around the first team... I have probably put 2 and 2 together and got 57.

More chance of signing this King
200w.gif

Hahahaha Joshua King :D

Got a spare £20m? If so, that wouldn’t meet his valuation.

Joshua King :D who makes this stuff up?

In a world of fantasy the thought of signing a player like King would be promotion material.....but that's the type of player we ought to try and identify whilst under most club's radar. Think his rise at B'mouth coincided with Wilson's injury. No idea where B'mouth got King from, was it a lower division team?

In a world of fantasy the thought of signing a player like King would be promotion material.....but that's the type of player we ought to try and identify whilst under most club's radar. Think his rise at B'mouth coincided with Wilson's injury. No idea where B'mouth got King from, was it a lower division team?
They got him from Blackburn, who got him from some small town club called Manchester United, who abducted him from Norway as a child.

King himself is an obvious no-go, but signing a player like he was at the point Bournemouth signed him wouldn't be an obvious buy, as he'd only scored 8 in 3 seasons for Blackburn and had a long history of injury problems. If we signed an ex-Man U youngster with a scoring record and injury history as bad as Josh King's was when he signed for Bournemouth, nobody would be getting particularly excited.

You have to feel that there's a chance of snatching an established, but currently unused striker from a PL squad, as a real signal of intent. The chance to come here, play in a side that creates bags of chances and a club that has been transformed from top to bottom by the Wilder and Knoll regime.

I'm thinking a Defoe or a Wickham, both are highly likely to be unobtainable but are examples of those who aren't currently getting a game. Danny Ward, Zohore...

They got him from Blackburn, who got him from some small town club called Manchester United, who abducted him from Norway as a child.

King himself is an obvious no-go, but signing a player like he was at the point Bournemouth signed him wouldn't be an obvious buy, as he'd only scored 8 in 3 seasons for Blackburn and had a long history of injury problems. If we signed an ex-Man U youngster with a scoring record and injury history as bad as Josh King's was when he signed for Bournemouth, nobody would be getting particularly excited.

So a hell of a lot of credit to Howe and his team then......they spotted potential and were prepared to realise what they'd seen in King. As you say, a set of circumstances that you couldn't construct if you tried.

If we're looking at anyone from Bournemouth (with the exception of Defoe) then I'd like us to have a look at Jordan Ibe. Potential 'replacenent' for Duffy, not really getting in their side, right age (22) & good pedegree having once been on Liverpool's books.

Josh King (Norway International) and Jordan Ibe (who B'mouth signed for £15m)??? Christ alive - there's more chance of Eddie Howe heading to S6 (as per some well publicised suggestions over on the Darkside) than those 2 signing for Utd. They both feature regularly (when fit) for B'mouth, would each cost £25m+ and are most probably on >£40k/week.

Do people seriously think Utd are going to be in the market for such players, have they not refreshed their respective values on Football Manager for a while or have they simply started on the Christmas sherry a bit early this year?

Josh King (Norway International) and Jordan Ibe (who B'mouth signed for £15m)??? Christ alive - there's more chance of Eddie Howe heading to S6 (as per some well publicised suggestions over on the Darkside) than those 2 signing for Utd. They both feature regularly (when fit) for B'mouth, would each cost £25m+ and are most probably on >£40k/week.

Do people seriously think Utd are going to be in the market for such players, have they not refreshed their respective values on Football Manager for a while or have they simply started on the Christmas sherry a bit early this year?

I can't imagine how disappointing deadline day must be for certain fans.

I think theres a relationship between us and Bournemouth, we trained at the same venue as them last pre-season and obviously the recent Brooks deal.....Wilder also talks highly of Howe and how he's gone about his work there.

Regardless of that relationship I don't see either players wanting to come to us though unfortunately - Probably both want to play with Lampard or Terry they seem to get the cherry pick of loan deals this season.

Back
Top Bottom