Josh King

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
So which ‘top young player’ is guaranteed to improve our team?

We could sign Sancho from Dortmund and pay him 200k a week but he may not improve our team, as great an individual he is. We once paid James Beattie way more than we could afford and it turned out that our performances improved after we sold him.

How did Leicester manage to win the league without a wage bill as high as Manchester City? As I said, you’re falsely equating paying more in wages with a guarantee of success.
You are a 17th person aren't you. Me i'm a 9th minimum type of guy and I know you don't accumulate unless you speculate.

LJBlade

Reaction score
You are a 17th person aren't you. Me i'm a 9th minimum type of guy and I know you don't accumulate unless you speculate.
No but I can see that you don’t understand anything I’m saying so if it makes you feel better then yes.

How did Leicester manage to win the league with a wage bill much lower than Man City?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
No but I can see that you don’t understand anything I’m saying so if it makes you feel better then yes.

How did Leicester manage to win the league with a wage bill much lower than Man City?
They planted some magic beans?

You don't get me sunny, i'm not saying spend like Man City, but spend wisely like Leicester did and we will progress.

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
Fuck me, took a while but I’m glad we got there in the end.
Got where? You were banging on about being Burnley and aspiring to be them even though we finished above them.

That's like the pigs aspiring to be Barnsley.

Don't take everything that comes out of Wilders mouth as red.

Flatulent_Bob

PC RoboFag...........and proud!
Reaction score
Climb above Burnley who finished lower than us this season and we wankered 3-0 at the Lane and played them off the park at their place? In our first season? Jeez
If you believe we’re as established as Burnley in the Premier League then you’re a fool.
If we finish higher than them 3 years running and put them away home and away then maybe I’d share your arrogance and dismissive attitude. They’ve built a team who have stayed in this league for much longer than we’ve ever been here, dispute not having the resources of most of the others. Thankfully Wilder and the club don’t, as I said he mentioned it again in his most recent interview.

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
If you believe we’re as established as Burnley in the Premier League then you’re a fool.
If we finish higher than them 3 years running and put them away home and away then maybe I’d share your arrogance and dismissive attitude. They’ve built a team who have stayed in this league for much longer than we’ve ever been here, dispute not having the resources of most of the others. Thankfully Wilder and the club don’t, as I said he mentioned it again in his most recent interview.
So many live in the past. I am not arrogant just not a hermit like you. And you have no idea where the Prince and Wilder want to take us.

Get in your Delorean and go and go back to Adkins, I think you are happier with the shit times and no ambition.

Flatulent_Bob

Reaction score
So many live in the past.
And many live in computer management games which bare no resemblance to reality.
Spunking money way beyond our means doesn’t equal success. Beating our transfer record each season and carefully building our wage bill in line with our turnover like Burnley, gives us long term stability.
Just look at all those sides who tried to do it the quick and easy way but are now broken and in free fall down the leagues.
I want us to be an established top 10 side every year, not a couple of season wonders and then another long term trip to the lower leagues.

I am not arrogant just not a hermit like you. And you have no idea where the Prince and Wilder want to take us.
I’m actually telling you to listen to what he’s said only last night. I’d say that a better idea than you just making it up.
Get in your Delorean and go and go back to Adkins, I think you are happier with the shit times and no ambition.
Nice Straw man. You’re clearly out on your arse.
How is increasing the wage bill each year and beating our transfer record showing no ambition?
You aren’t making sense and getting nasty because your nonsensical argument is being easily pulled apart. If you can’t discuss it without getting upset, put me on mute and kid yourself that ignorance is bliss.

Fuck me, took a while but I’m glad we got there in the end.
No he wants us to spend like Leicester did after they won the league and had Champions League funding. Although we’ve not won the league or got that funding, but that’s the boards problem. And he’s not being unrealistic, apparently.

Last edited:

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
And many live in computer management games which bare no resemblance to reality.
Spunking money way beyond our means doesn’t equal success. Beating our transfer record each season and carefully building our wage bill in line with our turnover like Burnley, gives us long term stability.
Just look at all those sides who tried to do it the quick and easy way but are now broken and in free fall down the leagues.
I want us to be an established top 10 side every year, not a couple of season wonders and then another long term trip to the lower leagues.
Then you have to push the wage bill up which is what I said all along. Top 10 is tough and you have to keep spending to stay there.

This is the EPL not the EFL.

Flatulent_Bob

Reaction score
Then you have to push the wage bill up which is what I said all along. Top 10 is tough and you have to keep spending to stay there.

This is the EPL not the EFL.
You haven’t suggested pushing the wage bill up, you’ve been suggesting blowing it out the water with several 50k/week signings including for kids.
That’s what everyone is disagreeing with, not increasing the wage bill in a sensible manner.

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
You haven’t suggested pushing the wage bill up, you’ve been suggesting blowing it out the water with several 50k/week signings including for kids.
That’s what everyone is disagreeing with, not increasing the wage bill in a sensible manner.
1. I have suggested pushing the wage bill up
2. I did not suggest blowing it on kids, just talented younger players rather than Steven Fletchers!
3. You contradict yourself and you don't obviously read my posts

Flatulent_Bob

Reaction score
1. I have suggested pushing the wage bill up
2. I did not suggest blowing it on kids, just talented younger players rather than Steven Fletchers!
3. You contradict yourself and you don't obviously read my posts
1.) No you want to blow it out the water. Doubling it at least within a single season. Your suggestion of bringing in players in on 50k, when all our current will then want parity which will cause dressing room unrest. That’s what is being argued against.
No one thinks it should stay exactly the same or be cut, nor that we shouldn’t be aiming to get to the levels you propose. Just your half baked idea of doing it before we can afford it.
2.) So you did suggest blowing 50k on unproven youngsters at this level then. Just so long as they reputation is better then Fletcher which isn’t hard. Isn’t that what Bournemouth did with those highly rated but unproven lads from Liverpool?
3.) I’m literarily quoting your words. The reason it doesn’t make sense is because your arguements are nonsensical.

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
1.) No you want to blow it out the water. Doubling it at least within a single season. Your suggestion of bringing in players in on 50k, when all our current will then want parity which will cause dressing room unrest. That’s what is being argued against.
No one thinks it should stay exactly the same or be cut.
2.) So you did suggest blowing 50k on unproven youngsters at this level then. Just so long as they reputation is better then Fletcher.
3.) I’m literarily quoting your words. The reason it doesn’t make sense is because your arguements are nonsensical.
1. Life isn't fair, that's the number 1 rule in life so if some players that don't get paid what new signings get then work harder or move on.
2. I never said unproven yougsters, stop twisting this. I said good young players like Isak etc
3. Wrong again and my arguement stacks up in football and in any other buisness. If you want to be a big player then pay big money. If not accept the consequences.

Niceguyeddie

Reaction score
All of what you say is negative and small minded. We have just finished 9th in the best league in the world and the Manager has said he wants more next season. If we had just avoided relegation and had Gary Monk as Manager I would be saying the same.

Think bigger.
This is the attitude that will send us back down
I like to.call it the Charlton athletic syndrome or to give its common name the billy big bollox effect

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
This is the attitude that will send us back down
I like to.call it the Charlton athletic syndrome or to give its common name the billy big bollox effect
And your attitude will hold us back.

We are the 9th best team in England - let that sink in.

Flatulent_Bob

Reaction score
1. Life isn't fair, that's the number 1 rule in life so if some players that don't get paid what new signings get then work harder or move on.
2. I never said unproven yougsters, stop twisting this. I said good young players like Isak etc
3. Wrong again and my arguement stacks up in football and in any other buisness. If you want to be a big player then pay big money. If not accept the consequences.
You clearly have never had to manage any high performing team. You don’t build loyalty and drive performance by treating people with contempt and making them feel disposable.
You’re buying into the Isak transfer, posted by a WUM. Your actual words were players of a level with Man City’s U23s are the ones you’d give 50k/week. No twisting, just what you’re proposing.
A good rule in business is never be too desperate to walk away from a poor deal. The business world is littered with companies who’s ambitions out stretched their capabilities. You look to build strong foundations, not try and jump ahead by simply throwing money at it. Especially when it’s money you don’t have and can’t afford to lose.
Anyway I think we’ve had this dance long enough. I’m just saying the same thing over and over and you ignore it, slightly change your position and pretend to have been right all along.
I’ll let you have the last word and then you can sleep easy.

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
You clearly have never had to manage any high performing team. You don’t build loyalty and drive performance by treating people with contempt and making them feel disposable.
You’re buying into Isak, posted by a WUM and you’re actual words were players of a level with Man City’s U23s are the ones you’d give 50k/week. No twisting, just what you’re proposing.
A good rule in business is never be too desperate to walk away from a poor deal. The business world is littered with companies who’s ambitions out stretched their capabilities. You look to build strong foundations, not try and jump ahead by simply throwing money at it. Especially money you don’t have and can’t afford to lose.
Anyway I think we’ve had this dance long enough. I’m just saying the same thing over and over and you ignore it, slightly change your position and pretend to have been right all along.
I’ll let you have the last word and then you sleep easy.
Interesting that, I built a business from a loss to making £3m profit and that's my point. You have to make tough decisions and invest in the business otherwise you go south. Trust me Wilder will not fuck around, he's after more and he will be (like a businessman) utterly ruthless.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom