Josh King

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wouldn't be surprising if they ask for Moose on loan in return. I know he didn't get much game time for them in the Prem but I think a loan to the Championship could be good for him. Unless he's in our plans for next season of course but Wilder seems to be frustrated with his performances.

Could only see moose moving to France if he were to leave BDTBL.
He has left his girlfriend friend and new born child to pursue his football career. If he is not happy with us I doubt he will be happy anywhere other than his homeland.
Either way I wish him well but hope he stays as has potential to be anything he wants to be if he has the right mindset.
Josh King, a firing moose and mcburnie would be good enough to retain our position in the premiership.

Need to be careful here. Very careful.

Adding one Norwegian adds stability to us historically – eg Anders Jacobsen in 98/99, Sander Berge in 19/20, saw us flirting with the top 6 at times before ultimately finishing comfortably midtable.

However, beware the double Norwegian dose, for this results in doom.

Jostein Flo and Roger Nilsen in their first season together: relegation in 93/94.

Erik Tonne and Kristoffer Lokberg in their first season together: relegation in 10/11.

Don’t even get me started on our record for strikers with the surname King that have played for us...

We had some good days with Nilsen and Fjortoft together, to be fair.

I wouldn't even have put this in the 'achievable' pile.

Funny you should say that, I thought exactly the same a few hours later and I think its very unlikely. Too high on the wages, transfer fee will probably be too high also and he's had his injury problems, I'm not sure Wilder would go for him given the potential that he could be regularly injured and blow much of our budget on him in doing so.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprising if they ask for Moose on loan in return. I know he didn't get much game time for them in the Prem but I think a loan to the Championship could be good for him. Unless he's in our plans for next season of course but Wilder seems to be frustrated with his performances.
It make more sense for them to have Sharp on loan.

King would be a very good signing. Even better if we could somehow get Oli Watkins too if Brentford fail.

Thing is, I think Utd signing King is possible, signing Watkins is a real long shot.

He's apparently on £45 pw, which makes him a no way.

Depends how we structure it. We could do a £5m signing on fee, £20k per week and bonuses for appearances, goals and assists.

He's apparently on £45 pw, which makes him a no way.

Surely now the existing first team have all signed contracts bar Egan, we can start offering higher wages to incoming players.

they’re all contracted for 2-3 years, so are now a fixed cost which won’t increase as we bring in marquee signings.

if we are going to improve, we will have to start paying higher wages sooner or later...

Depends how we structure it. We could do a £5m signing on fee, £20k per week and bonuses for appearances, goals and assists.
Why? We're a premier League club :rolleyes:

We had James Beattie on £37kpw in the championship 13 years ago.

He will be on bonuses on top of the £45k already. So probably for like £55/60k

No chance as we have a wage structure. Just because we're a Premier League club doesn't mean we can afford to pay people high wages. Our second most expensive player of all time is on a basic wage of £20k pw. I doubt we'll be paying much higher for anyone else.

No chance as we have a wage structure. Just because we're a Premier League club doesn't mean we can afford to pay people high wages. Our second most expensive player of all time is on a basic wage of £20k pw. I doubt we'll be paying much higher for anyone else.
He won't be on that anymore now we've stayed up. There'll be rather large increases applied across the squad on avoiding relegation I'd suspect. We must get the wage bill up or we will struggle to move forward

Surely now the existing first team have all signed contracts bar Egan, we can start offering higher wages to incoming players.

they’re all contracted for 2-3 years, so are now a fixed cost which won’t increase as we bring in marquee signings.

if we are going to improve, we will have to start paying higher wages sooner or later...

I'm confused what contracts have to do with it. You bring two players in on 30 or 50% more than anyone else and there's your team spirit gone. Why would a star player in a team who finished 9th be happy when we sign a player from a relegated team coming in and being paid significantly more than him?

We are a team which is much better than the sum of its parts. Start pissing players off and we're relegation fodder.

I mentioned in a previous post that to match the salaries there are plenty of tricks you can take. I've heard from a lawyer friend that it's not uncommon to offer a survival bonus which would be a lump sum to individual players as well as a team bonus. So you could pay King £35k a week - less than Bournemouth by a bit - slightly above our likely highest paid player - but load it with appearance fees, goal bonus and a survival bonus etc. Some weeks it may top out at £50k if he scores. May be £35k if he's injured. If we survive, may average out to £50-60k.

I think games like Football Manager falsely suggest it's all a flat salary when a large chunk can be performance based.

James Beattie, when with us, was on £75,000 per goal he scored.

We managed to pay Henderson £50k a week of his £75k a week wages. ⚔️

I'm confused what contracts have to do with it. You bring two players in on 30 or 50% more than anyone else and there's your team spirit gone. Why would a star player in a team who finished 9th be happy when we sign a player from a relegated team coming in and being paid significantly more than him?

Because we’ve rewarded our team with a higher weekly wage, reducing the gap between them and our imminent highest earners

Jags is supposedly on 50k a week, so bringing in someone else on 45k isn’t exactly breaking our wage structure and pissing people off.

We are a team which is much better than the sum of its parts. Start pissing players off and we're relegation fodder.

Because that is football certain players are on more money than others it is a fact of life.

Exactly some of our fans beggar belief anyone would think we were still in the championship.

I can't fathom it. "17th is the target next season", why? We just finished 9th. "We can't pay them big wages" Why? We have an ambitious manager and owner.

It's like some can't adjust their minds to today's Blades.

Back
Top Bottom