Josh King

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would be a great signing and just what we need. Not as unachievable as some would think, he’s not on massive money and Bournemouth need the money.
The main problem would be what other clubs are in for him

If he is on anywhere near the reported £100k + / week then this is in la la land

FM20 has him on 55k per week and another site has him on 45k
But still that's probably the top end of our budget and depends on who the other interested teams interested are

Injury prone, but technically would be an excellent signing. DidZy role (or even a winger if we have a different Plan B or C next season).

FM20 has him on 55k per week and another site has him on 45k
But still that's probably the top end of our budget and depends on who the other interested teams interested are
Those wages would have him still slightly out of our reach I'd imagine but factor in he'll likely have a relegation wage drop he might just now come within our budget wages wise.

I know it's been mentioned, but we're not a top 6 club (yet), which I doubt affects our chances of signing a player like King, but would our carefully constructed budget allow for wages upward of £55-60 grand per week? At some point this will happen, it has to.....we have to be competitive and offer the level of wages that allow us to be an attractive proposition to the likes of King, but there's part of me that thinks we're some way off this level of payment just yet, so this will remain on the rumour thread while Wilder unearths newer talent for far less. I've no doubt Chris would love a player like King, but I can't see it happening just yet.

I know it's been mentioned, but we're not a top 6 club (yet), which I doubt affects our chances of signing a player like King, but would our carefully constructed budget allow for wages upward of £55-60 grand per week? At some point this will happen, it has to.....we have to be competitive and offer the level of wages that allow us to be an attractive proposition to the likes of King, but there's part of me that thinks we're some way off this level of payment just yet, so this will remain on the rumour thread while Wilder unearths newer talent for far less. I've no doubt Chris would love a player like King, but I can't see it happening just yet.

I mentioned in a previous post that to match the salaries there are plenty of tricks you can take. I've heard from a lawyer friend that it's not uncommon to offer a survival bonus which would be a lump sum to individual players as well as a team bonus. So you could pay King £35k a week - less than Bournemouth by a bit - slightly above our likely highest paid player - but load it with appearance fees, goal bonus and a survival bonus etc. Some weeks it may top out at £50k if he scores. May be £35k if he's injured. If we survive, may average out to £50-60k.

I think games like Football Manager falsely suggest it's all a flat salary when a large chunk can be performance based.

Injury prone, but technically would be an excellent signing.

How do you come to that conclusion?

26 PL games this season
35 PL games last season
33 PL games season before
36 PL games season before
31 PL games season before

He tore some muscle in December and missed 8 games.

26 PL games this season
35 PL games last season

Wilson is the more injury prone of their strike force.

I mentioned in a previous post that to match the salaries there are plenty of tricks you can take. I've heard from a lawyer friend that it's not uncommon to offer a survival bonus which would be a lump sum to individual players as well as a team bonus. So you could pay King £35k a week - less than Bournemouth by a bit - slightly above our likely highest paid player - but load it with appearance fees, goal bonus and a survival bonus etc. Some weeks it may top out at £50k if he scores. May be £35k if he's injured. If we survive, may average out to £50-60k.

I think games like Football Manager falsely suggest it's all a flat salary when a large chunk can be performance based.

I understand that contracts can be arranged in whatever way suits either party. The problems begins when a player, or their agent, begin to grasp the fact that these variables can often work against them. It's the type of argument that might work with a young player, or one who's eager to be signed to the Blades, but an experienced player will read this once and politely decline the terms offered. It's something we'll have to be prepared for, and from what I know of Wilder (admittedly very little) I should imagine CW and his team will already have addressed this.

26 PL games this season
35 PL games last season

My mistake. He feels injury prone in my gut! I should have checked before talking nonsense.

Has this stemmed from him being in a picture with Berge? Haven't seen us linked with him.

King prefers playing as an out and out striker.

Which is what we need. B'mouth are fortunate to have two mobile, strong, and effective players as Wilson and King, the trouble has been that they've not had the capacity to provide the quality of service that either player would expect. And this is exactly where a player like Swift might contribute to signing a player like King.

I understand that contracts can be arranged in whatever way suits either party. The problems begins when a player, or their agent, begin to grasp the fact that these variables can often work against them. It's the type of argument that might work with a young player, or one who's eager to be signed to the Blades, but an experienced player will read this once and politely decline the terms offered. It's something we'll have to be prepared for, and from what I know of Wilder (admittedly very little) I should imagine CW and his team will already have addressed this.

Yeah who knows. You hope his wage has been slashed massively and no teams want him apart from us 😂

Need to be careful here. Very careful.

Adding one Norwegian adds stability to us historically – eg Anders Jacobsen in 98/99, Sander Berge in 19/20, saw us flirting with the top 6 at times before ultimately finishing comfortably midtable.

However, beware the double Norwegian dose, for this results in doom.

Jostein Flo and Roger Nilsen in their first season together: relegation in 93/94.

Erik Tonne and Kristoffer Lokberg in their first season together: relegation in 10/11.

Don’t even get me started on our record for strikers with the surname King that have played for us...

Back
Top Bottom