Player Suggestion Joseph Willock or Emile Smith Rowe from Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Westran

Reaction score
Not sure this is worthy of a solid rumour, hence the 'Player Suggestion' prefix.

A chap at work told me yesterday he'd heard from a friend who works at the club (another one of them) that we're after a youngster from Arsenal to compete with Duffy.

I've had a look at their U23's and these are the only 2 I can imagine it being.

https://www.arsenal.com/academy/players/joseph-willock

"A box-to-box midfielder who glides effortlessly with the ball at his feet, Joe enjoyed a stunning breakthrough season last year, making 11 appearances for the first team.

He had been a regular for the under-18s just 12 months earlier, but made his senior debut in the 4-2 win against Red Star Belgrade in the Europa League in September 2017. He then went on to feature in the Premier League, FA Cup and EFL Cup, starting six times. He maintained his fine form at under-23 level too, recording one goal and five assists.

Was part of the pre-season tour squad to Singapore"

https://www.arsenal.com/academy/players/emile-smith-rowe

"A highly-rated midfielder that looks to orchestrate every attack, Emile made a seamless transition to under-23s football last season.

Sharp on the turn, with an eye for goal and exceptional vision in the final third, Emile is also well-known for his mazy runs and stunning individual goals.

The Hale End graduate netted 11 at youth level last season, including four in the FA Youth Cup. Part of the 2017 Under-17 World Cup-winning England team, he scored a memorable equaliser against Atletico Madrid in pre-season and signed a new pro contract shortly afterwards."

This Willock doesn't seem trustworthy.

Where's his other surname?

I don't know about Willock, but Smith Rowe is too good to drop down to the championship IMO.

I, for 1, grow tired of us being linked to prospects at PL clubs.

The last few have been r8 duffers !!

UTB

I don't know about Willock, but Smith Rowe is too good to drop down to the championship IMO.
Was it him who scored the other night in the Europa? Nketia or someone had a run and a shot, keeper saves and Smith Rowe puts the rebound in?

Not sure this is worthy of a solid rumour, hence the 'Player Suggestion' prefix.

A chap at work told me yesterday he'd heard from a friend who works at the club (another one of them) that we're after a youngster from Arsenal to compete with Duffy.

I've had a look at their U23's and these are the only 2 I can imagine it being.

https://www.arsenal.com/academy/players/joseph-willock

"A box-to-box midfielder who glides effortlessly with the ball at his feet, Joe enjoyed a stunning breakthrough season last year, making 11 appearances for the first team.

He had been a regular for the under-18s just 12 months earlier, but made his senior debut in the 4-2 win against Red Star Belgrade in the Europa League in September 2017. He then went on to feature in the Premier League, FA Cup and EFL Cup, starting six times. He maintained his fine form at under-23 level too, recording one goal and five assists.

Was part of the pre-season tour squad to Singapore"

https://www.arsenal.com/academy/players/emile-smith-rowe

"A highly-rated midfielder that looks to orchestrate every attack, Emile made a seamless transition to under-23s football last season.

Sharp on the turn, with an eye for goal and exceptional vision in the final third, Emile is also well-known for his mazy runs and stunning individual goals.

The Hale End graduate netted 11 at youth level last season, including four in the FA Youth Cup. Part of the 2017 Under-17 World Cup-winning England team, he scored a memorable equaliser against Atletico Madrid in pre-season and signed a new pro contract shortly afterwards."
Joe Willock (on loan) would probably better suit our formation than Nelson. An attack minded central midfielder.

Maitland-Miles feels unrealistic... But he'd be great in our midfield (on loan) to upgrade Lundstram.

Is Maitland-Niles an upgrade on Lunny in Midfield? Taking away the Arsenal snobbery aspect, I'd say Lunny is no less rated right now and he's a more forward thinking Midfielder. Useful? Yes. Upgrade? I think that might be a disservice to JL7.

Is Maitland-Niles an upgrade on Lunny in Midfield? Taking away the Arsenal snobbery aspect, I'd say Lunny is no less rated right now and he's a more forward thinking Midfielder. Useful? Yes. Upgrade? I think that might be a disservice to JL7.
It’s difficult with mainland-niles I remember when he went on loan to Ipswich and looked a class apart in the champ. He’s technically excellent but has suffered from arsenal messing about with his development not giving him consistent first team football with them nor finding him consistent loan moves coupled with changing his position regularly so he can’t settle. The questions over him in term of a comparison with Lundstram are whether he actually is a centremid or not and if his off the ball work matches Lundstram’s but on the ball there’s no contest. Any move he makes might not work out but there certainly a scenario where a team ends up with a hell of a player.

Back
Top Bottom