John Swift

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

My Reading (actually) "in the know" friend told me Swift was on 35k a week (in September 2020, so could be even more now).

For this reason (plus his injury record) I never really thought we'd sign him, even on a free.

My Reading (actually) "in the know" friend told me Swift was on 35k a week (in September 2020, so could be even more now).

For this reason (plus his injury record) I never really thought we'd sign him, even on a free.
Think you're right there, I can't see us paying big wages or transfer fees. Players who go on a free often merit a bigger wage as the club save on a transfer fee and the agent of the player will plug that the player wants more money by taking advantage from the lack of fee. He's someone that we would have loved but I never thought we'd sign him this summer, nor any of the other high calibre free transfers if honest as I think they'll either be PL interest or clubs in the Championship willing to pay higher wages.

Bit harsh that he's referred to as injury prone. He had a bad injury couple of seasons ago and that's it in his career. More than proved his fitness last season with 38 league appearances and 11 goals, which is more or less the same as Gibbs-White.

I'm surprised he's going to WBA. I thought he would hold out for PL move - weren't Leeds meant to be interested? Swift & Wallace are good signings for them (if Swift can stay fit).
Reading are still in financial trouble, but they have offered new deals to Laurent & Rinomhota. Laurent might be a decent option for us?

The fact we can’t compete financially with the likes of WBA is ridiculous.
I agree pathetic really .Even with prem money coming in via parachute payments we can not sign another Championship player . We have perhaps the biggest gates in the league plus reached the play offs and we still let another mid table club in the same league as us be more attractive to our targets than us . Same old story as the last two years. Poor . I do not bother anymore reading about our so called targets they all turn out to be a load of b------s . We did sign someone from Chesterfield though who could not get in their first team . Exciting times .

On Swift I don't think we would have been in for him while we still see Norwood as a first choice. He's scored a few but he's not a striker or a Gibbs-White type so he'd have been the right of a three. Might have made some sense if Sander had just gone also.

For now I can still see us having to play a bit of a waiting game unfortunately.

Cracking player, will do well at WBA, who will be a threat next season. Well out of our reach financially. We're fishing in different ponds
Will he have an injury free season in 2022-23? Played in 52 out of 92 games in last 2 season. Played in only 24 games during 2017-18 season too

On Swift I don't think we would have been in for him while we still see Norwood as a first choice. He's scored a few but he's not a striker or a Gibbs-White type so he'd have been the right of a three. Might have made some sense if Sander had just gone also.

For now I can still see us having to play a bit of a waiting game unfortunately.
Agree Champagne, if Sander stays we dont need a player like Swift. If however he goes we will have lost 2 of our 3 most skillful players and Swift would have been an excellent free signing.

Given loans and frees are what we will be going for the likes of Swift and Wallace would have been excellent additions.

Will WBA be this uears Bournemouth? A year to adjust to the championship, some decent signings, promoted in the second season?

Swift and Norwood would not be competing for the same shirt

If Swift is interested in signing for us, we need to get him signed. When healthy can offer some class in the midfield. I don't get people saying he's injury prone or he's not good enough.... The kids good, really good. On free transfer it's a no brainer.

All down to brass ... free transfer there's no such thing ... signing on fees ... agents fees ... and the wages ... I live in hope!

If Swift is interested in signing for us, we need to get him signed. When healthy can offer some class in the midfield. I don't get people saying he's injury prone or he's not good enough.... The kids good, really good. On free transfer it's a no brainer.
Already gone WBA

Back
Top Bottom