Outgoing? John Lunsdtram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He has been utterly useless, uninfluential and uninterested.

You'd think he'd want to put himself in the shop window.

Unless he has a gentleman’s agreement with another club also towards the bottom and it’s not in his best interests to put performances in for us that might help us to leapfrog said club puts tin foil hat on

Unless he has a gentleman’s agreement with another club also towards the bottom and it’s not in his best interests to put performances in for us that might help us to leapfrog said club puts tin foil hat on

Nah he's not intelligent enough to think like that with an ulterior motive / agenda.

Bottom line he's a lazy arsed poor standard unprofessional egotistical selfish twat.

The quicker he fucks off for good the better for SUFC.

He will already have a deal lined up and will be receiving an enhanced signing on fee as his new club do not have to pay us a transfer fee.
It is the way of the world if your world is governed by money.

Lundstram will already know where he's headed next season. His biggest concern/risk and probably the reason for his performances of late, is getting injured.

I'll be interested to see where he goes and how he performs. Like Berge, I could see his best position being part of a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1 formation - playing wider and having to be box-to-box really doesn't suit him or his natural game.

If he's putting himself in the shop window, it must be a grocers shop because he's been playing like an absolute cabbage for months now.

Why would anyone pursue a deal when they know his levels are capable of dropping so low.

We should have sold him in jan, even if it was only for pennies on the dollar.

£500k or so would have at least recouped something for him and could be used next season. we’d likely have no fewer points playing some 17/18 year old youth teamer in his place.

waste of everyone’s time him being here

Call me cynical, but I think the deal with a new club was done months ago. And he was probably told to take it easy and not get injured.
Probably true but with all the analytics available now it should be abundantly clear to the staff as it is to us lay people watching that he's half-arsed at best. Those set pieces against Leeds were enraging, as was his appalling tracking as Leeds repeatedly broke from freekicks which Lundstram took.

I don't care if Zak Brunt isn't quite as good as Lundstram. At least he wants to be here and would be proud to pull on a first team shirt.

Probably true but with all the analytics available now it should be abundantly clear to the staff as it is to us lay people watching that he's half-arsed at best. Those set pieces against Leeds were enraging, as was his appalling tracking as Leeds repeatedly broke from freekicks which Lundstram took.

I don't care if Zak Brunt isn't quite as good as Lundstram. At least he wants to be here and would be proud to pull on a first team shirt.

Totally agree. Once it was obvious he was "saving himself" other options should've been found. The Berge injury was a big factor I think, but it was and is a concern.

Totally agree. Once it was obvious he was "saving himself" other options should've been found. The Berge injury was a big factor I think, but it was and is a concern.
Why do they keep playing him, if he's got another club for next season and doesn't want to get injured surely play some fucker what's interested, we've got nothing to lose we're down end of!

Don't like Newcastle as a club .. but signing Jeff hendrick and now John lundstrum ... I taught we had it bad .. poor geordies.

Why do they keep playing him, if he's got another club for next season and doesn't want to get injured surely play some fucker what's interested, we've got nothing to lose we're down end of!
This what makes me think that the staff don’t have an issue with him, he obviously isn’t a disruptive influence and clearly trains well. If not then he has three paydays left so he could be paid off and sent home

Lundstram will already know where he's headed next season. His biggest concern/risk and probably the reason for his performances of late, is getting injured.

I'll be interested to see where he goes and how he performs. Like Berge, I could see his best position being part of a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1 formation - playing wider and having to be box-to-box really doesn't suit him or his natural game.
Couldn't disagree more on his best position. The blokes a full on hacker with the ball at his feet. Literally no ability to positive influence the game, either through picking a pass or taking a player on. He also isn't strong defensively, so wouldn't provide much protection for a defense behind the him.

His purple patch coincided with him having a decent engine and getting into some scoring positions through late runs into the box.

He will be hideously exposed at his next club. Part of me believe he knows his limitations and this move potentially sets himself up for life, hence why he's not risking injury. Which on an individual basis, its hard to argue - just needs removing from the team.

We should have sold him in jan, even if it was only for pennies on the dollar.

£500k or so would have at least recouped something for him and could be used next season. we’d likely have no fewer points playing some 17/18 year old youth teamer in his place.

waste of everyone’s time him being here
Makes you wonder if we were too unrealistic with the fee.

We signed him for 700k. He did well for 3 months out of 3 years and now it's 3 months out of 4 years. We were never getting 7m for him with his contract having just a year to go, which was reported at the time.

According to Transfermarkt, not a golden rule but a guide at least, his maximum value was about 10m:

I doubt this factors in his contract situation either.

It's gone now but 2-3m in the summer and 500-700k in Jan would have been far more realistic.

Anything to get rid and force us to find a replacement and save his wages would have been value

No chance is he playing at prem level next season, he is absolutely nowhere near good enough

I just want him out now. He doesnt deserve to wear the shirt. Its annoying how we cant just bin him off now

Back
Top Bottom