Outgoing? John Lunsdtram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't know when I first noticed it, but for a long time almost all our players receive the ball in a stance or with a foot angled to play the back pass. It prevents a one-touch forward pass. The ball inevitably goes back to the keeper who hoofs it up to where the move started, where we lose the ball. But it isn't just Lundstram. Tonight, the only players who genuinely looked to push forwards at every opportunity were Osborn and Burke when they came on.
think osborn bryan and burke are all going to be very useful for us in the championship but we definetly need 3 new midfielders in this summer its the crucial area for recruitment imo and chris has to get it right this time round

My biggest fear is that Lunny finds there are no good enough alternative offers from other clubs at the end of the season and decides to sign the deal which is on the table. That is my biggest nightmare. I consider him as deadwood as we need a fresh new midfield who have a footballing brain and who can tear defences apart. Lundstram does not fall into that category.

TBH I can think of a lot more worse things than Lundstram signing a new contract - owners losing interest, selling to other parties who either load the club with debt or asset strip, CW leaving and being replaced with a poor appointment, numerous first choice players getting their heads turned and leaving, long term injuries to more players (imagine Ramsdale being out for a long time!), poor recruitment again over summer etc. etc.

While I've never been his biggest fan (I even watched him regularly for OUFC) and really don't think he's suited to RCM, I don't understand why anyone would / could accuse him of not trying. I would like to see the OPTA stats for how much ground he covered yesterday.

My biggest fear is that Lunny finds there are no good enough alternative offers from other clubs at the end of the season and decides to sign the deal which is on the table. That is my biggest nightmare. I consider him as deadwood as we need a fresh new midfield who have a footballing brain and who can tear defences apart. Lundstram does not fall into that category.
He'll not get the same deal offered though, we'll be a Championship team by then, less money to share out. He'll be gone somewhere, his wage will be decent as whoever gets him won't have to pay a single £ for him. Can't wait to see the back of him personally, these aren't professional performances he's putting in, he's tossing it off

Lundstram is absolutely not reining it in, otherwise despite our lack of depth I'm pretty sure Wilder would bomb him out of the team. The fact is just that he's not particularly good. He's technically good, and off the ball he can get in goalscoring positions, but on the ball he's nowhere near good enough. Even defensively, he is little more than a big body with average pace (or decent pace going by our standards). He hasn't been schooled by Curtis Jones and Ruben Loftus-Cheek in consecutive games because he can't be bothered. He'll know that with every game right now, money is being knocked off any potential contract he gets next year. He over-played his hand, IMO.

think osborn bryan and burke are all going to be very useful for us in the championship but we definetly need 3 new midfielders in this summer its the crucial area for recruitment imo and chris has to get it right this time round
Midfield recruitment will depend on who stays and who goes. I personally think Berge will still be here and Lundstram will get a move. I suspect Lundstram already has one lined up. In which case I think we'll only bring in one or possibly two first team midfielders. If Lundstram and Berge go - and Berge for a fair bit - then there will be money to spend and a gaping hole in midfield and we will see at least three new faces. Just my opinion, as ever, and of course none of that takes into account the loan possibilities.

Midfield recruitment will depend on who stays and who goes. I personally think Berge will still be here and Lundstram will get a move. I suspect Lundstram already has one lined up. In which case I think we'll only bring in one or possibly two first team midfielders. If Lundstram and Berge go - and Berge for a fair bit - then there will be money to spend and a gaping hole in midfield and we will see at least three new faces. Just my opinion, as ever, and of course none of that takes into account the loan possibilities.
interesting hamburg that you think berge will still be here cant see it myself but what a boost that would be for our midfield options next season i think the ideal system for berge would be in a midfield 2 playing 4231 but chris isnt going to play this system maybe 343 would suit his game as well but even if he stays still think we need 2 more midfielders in wonder if we will be back in for swift ?

interesting hamburg that you think berge will still be here cant see it myself but what a boost that would be for our midfield options next season i think the ideal system for berge would be in a midfield 2 playing 4231 but chris isnt going to play this system maybe 343 would suit his game as well but even if he stays still think we need 2 more midfielders in wonder if we will be back in for swift ?
As I've said before, I don't think Berge has shown enough in the games he's played to convince other PL managers that he's worth paying a lot of money for and unless they're willing to shell out then we won't sell for a huge loss - unless he has a ridiculous relegation clause in his contract of course. With an injury to boot, I would be a little surprised if he was picked up in the summer. If he really starts to show some class, maybe he'll get an offer in January, but even then I'm not sure. We'll see.

TBH I can think of a lot more worse things than Lundstram signing a new contract - owners losing interest, selling to other parties who either load the club with debt or asset strip, CW leaving and being replaced with a poor appointment, numerous first choice players getting their heads turned and leaving, long term injuries to more players (imagine Ramsdale being out for a long time!), poor recruitment again over summer etc. etc.

While I've never been his biggest fan (I even watched him regularly for OUFC) and really don't think he's suited to RCM, I don't understand why anyone would / could accuse him of not trying. I would like to see the OPTA stats for how much ground he covered yesterday.

I think he's just a convenient target for everyone's frustration about this season. I don't think he's downed tools, he wouldn't be getting picked every week (regardless of how few options we have) if he had. I do think he's knackered and it's entirely possible his intensity and desire have dropped slightly - that's not the same as not trying though.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get his move. Let's say that in a world where he was under contract, he has a market value of £4m (which is maybe half of what it was last year). A club can give him a £2m signing on fee and still be £2m up on the deal (using football club logic). The club he moves to get him on the cheap, he becomes a millionaire overnight and it probably doesn't matter if they give him less than what we've offered him. I'd say he knows exactly where he's going already.

He might be choosing between £2m and a 3 year contract on £20,000 a week or a 3 year contract on £20,000 (but with a clause that it drops to £10,000 a week in the Championship). Why is it so hard to understand why he might choose the former?

I think he's just a convenient target for everyone's frustration about this season. I don't think he's downed tools, he wouldn't be getting picked every week (regardless of how few options we have) if he had. I do think he's knackered and it's entirely possible his intensity and desire have dropped slightly - that's not the same as not trying though.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get his move. Let's say that in a world where he was under contract, he has a market value of £4m (which is maybe half of what it was last year). A club can give him a £2m signing on fee and still be £2m up on the deal (using football club logic). The club he moves to get him on the cheap, he becomes a millionaire overnight and it probably doesn't matter if they give him less than what we've offered him. I'd say he knows exactly where he's going already.

He might be choosing between £2m and a 3 year contract on £20,000 a week or a 3 year contract on £20,000 (but with a clause that it drops to £10,000 a week in the Championship). Why is it so hard to understand why he might choose the former?
dropped slightly ? have you watched our games this season he downed tools when berge came in and took his spot and hasnt given a toss all season he cant be shipped out quick enough for me he can take mcburnie with him as well if he wants

dropped slightly ? have you watched our games this season he downed tools when berge came in and took his spot and hasnt given a toss all season he cant be shipped out quick enough for me he can take mcburnie with him as well if he wants

So he hasn't tried for over a year but the manager and the coaching staff who see exactly how far he has run, his heart rate data etc, have carried on picking him week after week? I really struggle to believe that.

I think it's much more likely that those stats haven't changed much but fans who've decided they hate him because he chose not to sign a new contract are blinded by confirmation bias.

So he hasn't tried for over a year but the manager and the coaching staff who see exactly how far he has run, his heart rate data etc, have carried on picking him week after week? I really struggle to believe that.

I think it's much more likely that those stats haven't changed much but fans who've decided they hate him because he chose not to sign a new contract are blinded by confirmation bias.
hes only been picked because chris didnt get 2 midfielders in before the season started hes had nobody else to put in there after berges injury sorry but you wont convince me that hes been decent for us because he hasnt all he does is play the safe sideways backwards passes he offers us nothing

See the distance covered stats that BT just showed?

yeah hes that good he did the same thing 4 times tonight carried the ball 20 yards forward turned and passed it backwards utter waste of space and a shirt the sooner hes gone the better
Glad you've changed your mind about his effort level though. Fair play to you for that.

Saw him break into an actual sprint a few times tonight

yeah hes that good he did the same thing 4 times tonight carried the ball 20 yards forward turned and passed it backwards utter waste of space and a shirt the sooner hes gone the better

So what you’re saying is that on four occasions he carried the ball away from our goal, thereby relieving the pressure on our defenders and allowing us to reset much further up the pitch? The ball doesn’t have to go forward every time you know.

I’m assuming one of those four occasions wasn’t the time that he brought the ball out and then it lead to us scoring a goal.

So what you’re saying is that on four occasions he carried the ball away from our goal, thereby relieving the pressure on our defenders and allowing us to reset much further up the pitch? The ball doesn’t have to go forward every time you know.

I’m assuming one of those four occasions wasn’t the time that he brought the ball out and then it lead to us scoring a goal.
its so negative though and just allows the opposition defence to get set he very very rarely plays a forward pass in any game cant believe your defending him when he hasnt given a toss all season if you cant see that youve got red and white glasses on

its so negative though and just allows the opposition defence to get set he very very rarely plays a forward pass in any game cant believe your defending him when he hasnt given a toss all season if you cant see that youve got red and white glasses on

I disagree so I must have got red a mind white glasses on. The discussion on here is great sometimes.

Personally, I think he'll get a contract with a Premier League team. I can't see many teams wanting to pay big transfer fees this summer, so that puts Lunny in a good position with 2 seasons at this level under his belt and approaching his 'prime.'

He tries very hard, covered the most ground on the pitch in the first half, for both teams.

Hes just shite, and instead of playing simple, he keeps trying to play fancy slick passes and looking for Hollywood moments.

Been that way since scoring the Bournemouth goal last season imo. Thinks he's Kaka.

When he's just a cacker.

Back
Top Bottom