Outgoing? John Lunsdtram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't think Basham or Egan have been great this season. Egan in particular has been really underperforming.

David McGoldrick is the only player that has maintained high levels of consistency.
Surely, Didzy is a shoe in POTY now.

I think Basham and Egan were doing OK and perhaps giving him a run for his money but it's a no contest now

As for Lunny - meh🤷‍♂️

Much as I think he should be gone, he’s putting in half arsed performances, I do wonder if he’s been asked to see the season out because we’re that low on numbers

The offer is / was on the table from Wilder. Wilder is not going to re negotiate it, he doesnt want to sign it.
He therefore doesnt want to be here
So let him fuck off
His motivation is money he is entitled to have that outlook let him look elsewhere
The accusation that his motivation is money is a bizarre one. They're all motivated by money. Who isn't? But you're getting away from the point I made, which was that there has been no motivation to either sign the contract that was still on the table - and still is as far as I'm aware - or to try and renegotiate it, as it is unlikely he'll get better than he's on now 1 division lower. Had we been mid-table, it is entirely possible that he would have signed the contract or even that Wilder would have bettered the offer.

The accusation that his motivation is money is a bizarre one. They're all motivated by money. Who isn't? But you're getting away from the point I made, which was that there has been no motivation to either sign the contract that was still on the table - and still is as far as I'm aware - or to try and renegotiate it, as it is unlikely he'll get better than he's on now 1 division lower. Had we been mid-table, it is entirely possible that he would have signed the contract or even that Wilder would have bettered the offer.

Why would Wilder better the offer
Hes offered him what he thinks hes worth
We are not going to get down on our bended knees and beg him to sign a new contract
Hes not that good, there are better players we can get for 30k per week
I cant wait to see the back of him

He is our best PL player bar none this season. As evidenced by CWAK picking him every game. Even replacing Strolling Berge as he is the only to get to the box when the rest are tikki takkying, on the wing
CWAK make a point in recruiting intelligent players, captains or PoY winners, which he undoubtedly is. So, it's no surprise he thinks of himself first as a reward.
As he was a bargain signing, he is worth what he wants for our current system.
Fucking hell 😂

Fucking hell 😂
'tincan said:
He is our best PL player bar none this season. As evidenced by CWAK picking him every game. Even replacing Strolling Berge as he is the only to get to the box when the rest are tikki takkying, on the wing
CWAK make a point in recruiting intelligent players, captains or PoY winners, which he undoubtedly is. So, it's no surprise he thinks of himself first as a reward.
As he was a bargain signing, he is worth what he wants for our current system.'

Fuck me I missed this post, very worrying if there's some blades out like this!

Not saying it's a situation i particularly want... but i honestly would not be at all shocked for him to sign a new deal and be in the squad next season.
His agent will have talked up a move, but i don't think he's looked anything special in about 12 months, so can't see an established PL club making him a really attractive offer.

Why would Wilder better the offer
Hes offered him what he thinks hes worth
We are not going to get down on our bended knees and beg him to sign a new contract
Hes not that good, there are better players we can get for 30k per week
I cant wait to see the back of him
Again, not the point I was making.
Wilder picks him over alternatives even when they're available, so he obviously doesn't have the same view of him as some fans do. Contracts get negotiated, that's how it works, if Wilder didn't want him here he would have pulled the contract offer long ago. Lundstram thinks he can either get a better offer somewhere else, which now includes at Championship clubs, or he has no problems waiting until his contract expires before signing for us (with the risk that the offer has been pulled).
Either way, it's our position that makes signing a less attractive thing for him to do.

Out of all the reports and stuff on here, the last match we played was the first time I could genuinely say that he wasn't putting effort in.

Maybe I didn't want to see it before but we can't have players like that around the squad.

I'm guessing Wilder has tried the carrot, the stick, everything but if the collective attitude is wrong and he can't sort it then we're fucked.

Fresh players or fresh leadership, I don't know?

Either way, it's our position that makes signing a less attractive thing for him to do

Wilder is very strict when it comes to wages, he doesnt like paying over the odds / what he thinks someone is worth. So hes offered what he thinks Lundstram is worth he wont backtrack on that
I really dont get why its hard to understand
Wilder will stick to his guns whether its attractive to Lundstram or not
There are hardly any alternatives that we can pick in midfield at the moment

Wilder is very strict when it comes to wages, he doesnt like paying over the odds / what he thinks someone is worth. So hes offered what he thinks Lundstram is worth he wont backtrack on that
I really dont get why its hard to understand
Wilder will stick to his guns whether its attractive to Lundstram or not
There are hardly any alternatives that we can pick in midfield at the moment
You don't know what Wilder will or won't do. Lundstram is currently a regular and clearly Wilder wants him to stay. At the moment we are stretched very thin, but Lundstram has been picked this season when alternatives were available.
We don't even know if Wilder has already upped the offer or not, if he has he clearly hasn't upped it to the point Lundstram will sign and as long as we are heading for relegation Lundstram has more motivation to keep his options open than to either sign or try and re-negotiate. That's the only point I am making and that is not at all difficult to understand.

Out of all the reports and stuff on here, the last match we played was the first time I could genuinely say that he wasn't putting effort in.

Maybe I didn't want to see it before but we can't have players like that around the squad.

I'm guessing Wilder has tried the carrot, the stick, everything but if the collective attitude is wrong and he can't sort it then we're fucked.

Fresh players or fresh leadership, I don't know?
i dont think you did keef he hasnt given a toss since the first game against wolves and that idiotic lunge on the john st touchline and hes been the same every game hes played the sooner hes gone the better hes lucky he hasnt been playing in front of our fans

Lundstram has more motivation to keep his options open than to either sign or try and re-negotiate. That's the only point I am making and that is not at all difficult to understand.

If Lundstram has more motivation to keep his options open thats fine, we have offered him what we think he is worth we shouldnt have to 'motivate' him into signing a deal. He either wants to be here or he doesnt He needs to be motivated on the pitch FFS
Wilder has offered him a deal hes not signed it as far as Im concerned that is down to Lundstram thinking hes Mr big bollocks
If you think Wilder is going to bend over for him and give Lundstram what Lundstram thinks hes worth
you will be waiting a very long time. It also sends a mesage out to other squad members

If Lundstram has more motivation to keep his options open thats fine, we have offered him what we think he is worth we shouldnt have to 'motivate' him into signing a deal. He either wants to be here or he doesnt He needs to be motivated on the pitch FFS
Wilder has offered him a deal hes not signed it as far as Im concerned that is down to Lundstram thinking hes Mr big bollocks
If you think Wilder is going to bend over for him and give Lundstram what Lundstram thinks hes worth
you will be waiting a very long time. It also sends a mesage out to other squad members
I haven't said I think Wilder is going to bend over for him and give Lundstram what Lundstram thinks he's worth. Where's that come from?
Like quite a few on this thread, you've drawn a whole heap of conclusions from the one simple fact that he hasn't signed a contract.
If he wants a better contract - or any contract at all - from any other club, how does not being arsed on the pitch make that happen? Can you or any of the other posters who claim that's what they see explain how that makes any sense at all? Or is it only certain Blades - and not Wilder and not the manager of any other club - who can see his bad attitude?
Have you ever tried to get an improved deal at your workplace? Were you being a Mr big bollocks too? Or did your boss tell you that you were being offered what you were worth and you weren't worth more - and you just meekly accepted it and signed on the dotted line?
Or have you ever looked around for a job at another place just because you thought you might be able to get a better offer? Or have you never done that because you knew that you were too shit to ever get anything better?
It's all a bit of a nonsense, isn't it? I've never thought Lundstram was all that good, even during his "purple patch", but he's fairly solid in an average sort of way. The stuff that is spouted on this thread, however, is just ridiculous.

i dont think you did keef he hasnt given a toss since the first game against wolves and that idiotic lunge on the john st touchline and hes been the same every game hes played the sooner hes gone the better hes lucky he hasnt been playing in front of our fans
You're probably reyt. You see what you want to see sometimes.
After his displays last season I believed in the lad and I do think he got shafted with the way he was cast aside for Berge after starting the season so well. The belief has worn very thin after the other day though.
Still think at his best he's a beast for us, but if he's a tosser then he can go.

You're probably reyt. You see what you want to see sometimes.
After his displays last season I believed in the lad and I do think he got shafted with the way he was cast aside for Berge after starting the season so well. The belief has worn very thin after the other day though.
Still think at his best he's a beast for us, but if he's a tosser then he can go.
yes he hasnt been the same since berge came in although i do think berge was brought in for the ollie norwood position problem was norwood was playing that well that there was only lundstrams rcm spot left and chris wasnt going to leave a 22m player on the bench although he has done that with brewster

I haven't said I think Wilder is going to bend over for him and give Lundstram what Lundstram thinks he's worth. Where's that come from?
Like quite a few on this thread, you've drawn a whole heap of conclusions from the one simple fact that he hasn't signed a contract
That has come from your conclusion that we havent given Lunstram the motivation to sign a new deal
The motivation to sign a new deal was the contract offered that was in line with what other members of the squad were offered and subsequently signed or so we are lead to believe
If he wants a better contract - or any contract at all - from any other club, how does not being arsed on the pitch make that happen?
You would think he would be busting a gut to prove he is what he thinks hes worth but I dont see that and have not seen it. He had a good couple of months last season and seemed to lose interest after we signed Berge. I think that his poor performances since then speak a lot about his attitude and commitment to the club
Can you or any of the other posters who claim that's what they see explain how that makes any sense at all? Or is it only certain Blades - and not Wilder and not the manager of any other club - who can see his bad attitude?

It makes no sense but sometimes things dont, he may come to rue the day he didnt sign that contract

Have you ever tried to get an improved deal at your workplace? Were you being a Mr big bollocks too? Or did your boss tell you that you were being offered what you were worth and you weren't worth more - and you just meekly accepted it and signed on the dotted line?
Or have you ever looked around for a job at another place just because you thought you might be able to get a better offer? Or have you never done that because you knew that you were too shit to ever get anything better?
The above doesnt really apply in my circumstance as Iam the boss

It's all a bit of a nonsense, isn't it? I've never thought Lundstram was all that good, even during his "purple patch", but he's fairly solid in an average sort of way.
Exactly solid and average and he hasnt been that recently (not the only one by any means)
Wilder has probably offered him what a soild / average player should expect from SUFC
The stuff that is spouted on this thread, however, is just ridiculous
Everybody is entitled to their opinion as we are usually the ones that help pay his wages
I think if people saw maximum effort and commitment they may give him a little leeway

That has come from your conclusion that we havent given Lunstram the motivation to sign a new deal
The motivation to sign a new deal was the contract offered that was in line with what other members of the squad were offered and subsequently signed or so we are lead to believe
It's possible that the contract wasn't in line with what some others have received, especially the new arrivals and, as you have pointed out, Wilder may have offered him what he thinks he's worth which could easily be below the highest paid. I can completely understand a player who is practically a first-on-the-teamsheet regular thinking he is worth more. Even so, it would be worth Lundstram signing if he thought he would be playing in a mid-table PL team that was playing good, exciting football, because that would increase his value. Signing up for Championship football or even struggling PL football probably won't.

You would think he would be busting a gut to prove he is what he thinks hes worth but I dont see that and have not seen it. He had a good couple of months last season and seemed to lose interest after we signed Berge. I think that his poor performances since then speak a lot about his attitude and commitment to the club
I don't see how people are identifying one player's poor attitude / lack of commitment / lack of effort in a team that are all performing pretty much equally as bad. I don't think there's a single game where Lundstram has been the worst on the pitch, especially in midfield where we've been particularly poor. Fleck has been worse more often and more consistently "invisible", but no one says he doesn't want to be here and has no commitment to the club. Which tells me people are seeing this only through the filter of an unsigned contract.

It makes no sense but sometimes things dont, he may come to rue the day he didnt sign that contract
No, not everything makes sense, I know, but deliberately sabotaging your own chances of a good move when apparently that's what you desperately want really doesn't add up. I do hope that he will one day regret it, because that will mean we've turned things around. If he goes, I don't wish him ill, but I honestly can't see him being more central to another PL team than he is in ours at the moment.

The above doesnt really apply in my circumstance as Iam the boss
I'm sure you can apply the logic

Exactly solid and average and he hasnt been that recently (not the only one by any means)
Wilder has probably offered him what a soild / average player should expect from SUFC
Quite. And being that we all accept that our wage structure limits what we pay our players, I find what can only be described as hatred directed to one of our players because he dares to believe he can do better (even if he can't) to be ridiculous. If we were forking out Aston-Villa type wages to an average performing player in a poor performing side, I would understand it better.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion as we are usually the ones that help pay his wages
I think if people saw maximum effort and commitment they may give him a little leeway
There are opinions based on common sense and there are opinions based on outrage and nonsense. I can voice my opinion on which I think is which. ;)
I don't think (some) people are willing to give him any leeway. They've made their minds up based on the non-signing of the contract and are fitting all sorts of assumptions into that.

Personally I don't think it's a bad thing that he's not signed, because as I say I don't rate him all that much and Wilder would have him stay. I want to see some fresh blood in midfield. I just don't get the hate. Or the jumping to conclusions.

It's possible that the contract wasn't in line with what some others have received, especially the new arrivals and, as you have pointed out, Wilder may have offered him what he thinks he's worth which could easily be below the highest paid. I can completely understand a player who is practically a first-on-the-teamsheet regular thinking he is worth more. Even so, it would be worth Lundstram signing if he thought he would be playing in a mid-table PL team that was playing good, exciting football, because that would increase his value. Signing up for Championship football or even struggling PL football probably won't.

I don't see how people are identifying one player's poor attitude / lack of commitment / lack of effort in a team that are all performing pretty much equally as bad. I don't think there's a single game where Lundstram has been the worst on the pitch, especially in midfield where we've been particularly poor. Fleck has been worse more often and more consistently "invisible", but no one says he doesn't want to be here and has no commitment to the club. Which tells me people are seeing this only through the filter of an unsigned contract.

No, not everything makes sense, I know, but deliberately sabotaging your own chances of a good move when apparently that's what you desperately want really doesn't add up. I do hope that he will one day regret it, because that will mean we've turned things around. If he goes, I don't wish him ill, but I honestly can't see him being more central to another PL team than he is in ours at the moment.

I'm sure you can apply the logic

Quite. And being that we all accept that our wage structure limits what we pay our players, I find what can only be described as hatred directed to one of our players because he dares to believe he can do better (even if he can't) to be ridiculous. If we were forking out Aston-Villa type wages to an average performing player in a poor performing side, I would understand it better.

There are opinions based on common sense and there are opinions based on outrage and nonsense. I can voice my opinion on which I think is which. ;)
I don't think (some) people are willing to give him any leeway. They've made their minds up based on the non-signing of the contract and are fitting all sorts of assumptions into that.

Personally I don't think it's a bad thing that he's not signed, because as I say I don't rate him all that much and Wilder would have him stay. I want to see some fresh blood in midfield. I just don't get the hate. Or the jumping to conclusions.
ive made my mind up on the fact that he hasnt given a toss all season yes others have been poor as well but not game after game like he has if chris had strengthend midfield like he should have done lundstram would have been on bench all season

ive made my mind up on the fact that he hasnt given a toss all season yes others have been poor as well but not game after game like he has if chris had strengthend midfield like he should have done lundstram would have been on bench all season
Well if Berge hadn't been injured and Norwood had performed like he did last season I suspect Lundstram would've been benched anyway, which he probably knows and it could be the real reason he won't sign a new contract.
I disagree though, he hasn't been worse in his application than most of the others. I don't put it down to not giving a toss, either from him or any of the others. It just looks like that when the players lack self belief and don't know what to do.

Well if Berge hadn't been injured and Norwood had performed like he did last season I suspect Lundstram would've been benched anyway, which he probably knows and it could be the real reason he won't sign a new contract.
I disagree though, he hasn't been worse in his application than most of the others. I don't put it down to not giving a toss, either from him or any of the others. It just looks like that when the players lack self belief and don't know what to do.
still think that after tonights performance hamburg 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

still think that after tonights performance hamburg 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Yes. I don't know what you are seeing. Norwood did less. Stevens did less. The defence was all over the place, if it hadn't been for an amazing performance from Ramsdale we'd have been 4-0 down at half time. Whilst it was better than the Fulham game, all the players were lacking in dynamism, slow to the ball, when they received it their first reaction was a back pass. Not that I want to be over critical considering the injury situation and we were up against top class players, but still, I don't see how you can watch that performance and single Lundstram out.

Yes. I don't know what you are seeing. Norwood did less. Stevens did less. The defence was all over the place, if it hadn't been for an amazing performance from Ramsdale we'd have been 4-0 down at half time. Whilst it was better than the Fulham game, all the players were lacking in dynamism, slow to the ball, when they received it their first reaction was a back pass. Not that I want to be over critical considering the injury situation and we were up against top class players, but still, I don't see how you can watch that performance and single Lundstram out.
Just seen your comment re lundstram,
The guy never ever, ever looks to play the ball forward. I thought it was due to people ahead of him not providing an option but it is his initial thought process which is to protect possession.
He never tackles and loses his man as he is frequently on the wrong side.

You’re forgetting that Lundstram hasn’t signed a new contract, that’s why he’s singled out. And the fact that he wasn’t liked by some from the moment he arrived because he wasn’t Paul Coutts.

The usual group will read this comment and have a dig at me for supporting Lundstram, which isn’t the case. He’s not been good this season, at all, but he’s not been any worse than nearly everyone in the team and yet most others don’t get the same criticism.

Just seen your comment re lundstram,
The guy never ever, ever looks to play the ball forward. I thought it was due to people ahead of him not providing an option but it is his initial thought process which is to protect possession.
He never tackles and loses his man as he is frequently on the wrong side.
I don't know when I first noticed it, but for a long time almost all our players receive the ball in a stance or with a foot angled to play the back pass. It prevents a one-touch forward pass. The ball inevitably goes back to the keeper who hoofs it up to where the move started, where we lose the ball. But it isn't just Lundstram. Tonight, the only players who genuinely looked to push forwards at every opportunity were Osborn and Burke when they came on.

My biggest fear is that Lunny finds there are no good enough alternative offers from other clubs at the end of the season and decides to sign the deal which is on the table. That is my biggest nightmare. I consider him as deadwood as we need a fresh new midfield who have a footballing brain and who can tear defences apart. Lundstram does not fall into that category.

Back
Top Bottom