John Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is not the same Lundstram that we signed,he has morphed into a scouse cross of Steven Gerrard and Jimmy Case.

Needs to work on his goal celebration,a knee slide and laying on yer back is not good enough after scoring your first Prem goal.

What is he worth now? I thought/expected he would be out at the end of last season - given he hardly played. 3 games in - hard to drop him. Now he's had 3 starts and scored a goal in the Prem, what's his value - he's 25 (I think). £5m, £8m+. Whatever, if he plays no more this season he will have been a damn fine investment.
I still think there's more to come from him as he (and the rest) get up to speed.

He’s been good for first couple of games. Not so good on Saturday though,

People made cast iron statements that he was shit as soon as they saw him, works both ways.
I’m not sure that’s true. I can’t have been the only one who thought we might have been on to something at first; I remember him playing a few wonderful diagonal passes over top early on. I think the problem was that he didn’t seem to progress and couldn’t offer us everything we needed at the time.
This was compounded by the start of last season when we started with Evans and Lundstram and they just wanted to pass it sideways all the time which leads to fan frustration. So I think it’s that period that has tarnished his reputation in people’s eyes. Certainly mine. But when he came back into the team as a sub in the second half of last season I don’t think he played badly, and we started seeing the strong tackling side of him. I think everyone could be forgiven for hoping he wouldn’t be in our premier league starting 11 though

He’s been good for first couple of games. Not so good on Saturday though,

Better than a lot of others though. Everyone's performance dropped, his dropped less.

Reactions: FYT
Thought Lunny was ok on Saturday, Norwood on the other hand had one of the poorest games I've seen him have in a long while. No matter what the lad does, his reputation has been tarnished in the eyes of some based on the fact that 2 seasons ago he wasn't quite the Paul Coutts clone we'd hoped for, just needs to carve a bit of a niche for himself in a similar way to what Basham has, who was pretty awful for the most part until Wilder sorted him out.

If anyone can be bothered to find it I wrote some high praise of Lunny a while ago on this forum, I even went so far as to say he will achieve greater cult status than Coutts (who also started slowly).

Back
Top Bottom