John Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Watched them both. Misplaced a couple of passes and made few clumsy tackles but c

Watched both games. Misplaced a a couple of passes and made a few late challenges but can’t knock his work ethic and passion. Hope he comes good but not sure he has enough end product. Hope I’m wrong.

Wow he misplaced a couple of passes every single player does. There isn't a player in the world with a 100 percent pass accuracy but if you think that was an average game for him then that really does surprise me. I thought he had a brilliant game faded a little second half but first half was brilliant and well deserved the man of the match closely followed by Freeman. Lunny could have a probably should have had at least 2 assists to his name as well as his goal in the first 2 games.

Fantastic game. Even with a booking first half bossed midfield. Allowed us to nullify zaha and some of his balls out of trouble were world class. Like i said against Bournemouth, he popped up where you didn’t expect him, put the tackle in and allowed us to counter. What. A. Player.

Interesting to see the Oxford fans still hold him in high regard.

Interestingly only one person on that forum did not spell his name correctly and the rest, despite him not having been their player for a while now, still know how to spell Lundstram.

They all played chuffing bloody brilll....Lunny is the new "oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh". absoluteley fering brill, from l1 to where we are today and how we have played christ all bloody mighty.....FERKING GREAT TO BE A BLADE.......

ps.
if mi spillings is cwap the keybooooord ahs foooked up agian....oooooh hang on a mo tinnie's....(last statement ridacted)

Hi guys. I’m just wondering at what point everyone is going to come on here and admit they were totally wrong and out of order in their unjustified vilification of John Lundstram.

You got: ‘his game is not suited to the championship and is much more suited to the premier league’ mistaken with ‘he is shit and he shouldn’t be any where near our team’.

He’s proving you all wrong, just as Enda Stevens did last year.

If Wilder had made a mistake with him he would have rectified it about 18 months ago.

Imagine how shit it made him feel to be a standing joke on twitter and on here for the last 2 years. He’s absolutely rammed it down everyone’s throats and I’m fucking delighted about it.
Not me ! I think last week I was going to get grief for saying he should play. 😂 long season. Enjoy the beer !

Still early doors but he was immense carried his pre season form on and longer it continue

People made cast iron statements that he was shit as soon as they saw him, works both ways.

No. People made statements after seeing him a number of times and his performances merited it.
Today's performance was outstanding and is deserving of high praise.
Let's hope he continues to progress and deliver consistently high quality performances when picked.
Well done Lundstram.

Hi guys. I’m just wondering at what point everyone is going to come on here and admit they were totally wrong and out of order in their unjustified vilification of John Lundstram.

You got: ‘his game is not suited to the championship and is much more suited to the premier league’ mistaken with ‘he is shit and he shouldn’t be any where near our team’.

If Wilder had made a mistake with him he would have rectified it about 18 months ago.

Imagine how shit it made him feel to be a standing joke on twitter and on here for the last 2 years. He’s absolutely rammed it down everyone’s throats and I’m fucking delighted about it.

Sorry John

We all know that various “experts” will appear on here to tell us why he’s shit. None of them will understand football.

Fleck put himself about but the midfield completely lost it's grip when Lundstram went off
Dowell may have scored against Stoke but he was lightweight, easily nudged off the ball and often gave it away.

Lundstram came on, impressed me with his strength and ability to keep the ball and actually had me thinking that he could be our "Steve Gerrard" type in the Prem.

I think he will go on to big things next season, let's see if Wilder agrees.
some time ago I described him as having the potential to be the next diving cheating twat Steven Gerrard.

He's still on the young side and still has that potential, but the time for him to step up and show that is fast approaching.
I rest my case

And not to bang my own drum but I’ve said several times on here that he’s not a defensive player (as he’s often called) but he’s actually very good at attacking the box, like he did for his goal.

Watched them both. Misplaced a couple of passes and made few clumsy tackles but c

Watched both games. Misplaced a a couple of passes and made a few late challenges but can’t knock his work ethic and passion. Hope he comes good but not sure he has enough end product. Hope I’m wrong.

So you want more end product than a goal and sticking it on a plate for Didzy? Nuuuuuurse! 🤪

I’ll hold my hands up - he was outstanding today and proved me wrong. Thought he was nowhere near good enough but proving he is. Could he be the next Enda Steve’s?

No. People made statements after seeing him a number of times and his performances merited it.
Today's performance was outstanding and is deserving of high praise.
Let's hope he continues to progress and deliver consistently high quality performances when picked.
Well done Lundstram.

How is that humble pie tasting? You are clueless about football. Clown.

John was immense today, I was surprised he got in the starting 11 last week, fully deserved to start today, fully deserved to score and fully deserved MOM against Palace.
I was wrong CW was right, but that’s the way I prefer it.
Well done on your last 2 outings look forward to see you nailing Maddison on Satday;)

Never said a bad word about him! Fucking love him

Freeman didn't play that role today. He played as part of a midfield 3

I know, but he’s more attacking than Fleck which changed the match. I’d like to see Freeman play behind the front two in the “Duffy role”.

How is that humble pie tasting? You are clueless about football. Clown.

Clearly my opinion bothers you. I suggest you get a life.

Two swallows a Summer does not make.

I have made my view on Lundstrams performance yesterday very clear.

Who appointed you pie monitor.

It's taken till now to respond as you've never contributed anything worth reading and that hasn't changed.

Sad act.

Who's everyone,? Certainly not me, John Lundstam fan club founder member. Some people wouldn't know football if they tripped over one. Stevens, Baldock Lundstram all proving people wrong. Who's the next whipping boy.

Since Lundstram has been our best player since he broke into the team, did the question really need asking? The second best player at dictating a game at the club, and maybe in the whole league (after Coutts of course).His long range passing is also by far the best at the club and has already created a number of goal scoring chances. If we had more pace this would be more effective.
I don't think there's any grand conspiracy. Lundstram was the best player on the pitch and was subsequently awarded the man of the match for his efforts.That's the way it should be.
He has nowhere near the long passing range of Lundstram. He moves it quicker, and has more mobility though.
Agree with your assessment apart from your view of Lundstram. He's been the best midfielder we've added this season by some distance - has done far more than Evans thus far. Still all toplay for though; Preston and Boro have to come to the Lane, and we have to go to Bristol City. We also have players to return from injury to bolster us.
Lundstram the maestro so far. Strutting around like a peacock.
We lost the midfield when Lundstram went off, after controlling it for the majority of the game.
Judging a player on a performance by performance basis is so much harder. On Saturday the Blades controlled the midfield until Lundstram went off. The problem on Saturday wasn't the midfield.Lundstram was good enough on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom