John Egan interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sothall_Blade

Reaction score
https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...song-ahead-of-premier-adventure-38143257.html

After grafting his way through 46-game seasons at Football League level, he's now moving into elite company. It's put to him that Watford's FA Cup final drubbing at the hands of Manchester City could be an ominous sign of what's to come.

"I wouldn't say it's scary," he counters.

"It's more excitement. You want to test yourself against these teams. That's what football is all about.

"I think nowadays, it's really hard to go straight into a Premier League team without having the experience of games behind you.

"I've loved every minute of my journey. Yes, there were setbacks. I've always believed in my ability and that I could get to the top.

"It's been good so far and I still have a good bit to go." ETC

Added- Longer interview here

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/soccer/--926365.html

Last edited:

Top, top, top class player. He'll get the starts for Ireland that he richly deserves very soon. He's one of the players we have (not sure there are that many!) that will effortlessly make the step up, and he will be absolutely crucial in our bid to stay up.

Hope he's got deep pockets...he'll need a lot of room in them for Salah, Aguero and Kane next season :D

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...song-ahead-of-premier-adventure-38143257.html

After grafting his way through 46-game seasons at Football League level, he's now moving into elite company. It's put to him that Watford's FA Cup final drubbing at the hands of Manchester City could be an ominous sign of what's to come.

"I wouldn't say it's scary," he counters.

"It's more excitement. You want to test yourself against these teams. That's what football is all about.

"I think nowadays, it's really hard to go straight into a Premier League team without having the experience of games behind you.

"I've loved every minute of my journey. Yes, there were setbacks. I've always believed in my ability and that I could get to the top.

"It's been good so far and I still have a good bit to go." ETC

Added- Longer interview here

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/soccer/--926365.html

I’m with Johnny on this. “Scary” is being beaten 5-0 by the likes of Colchester United, or crashing out of the FA Cup to Altrincham.

Reyt lad Egan. Just because he wasn’t scouted from the Parisian Sunday league like the rest he was discarded.

Best signing we’ve made in the last 10 years.

He’s been great this season, but Billy is our best signing surely. He’s kept us up, then played a massive part in getting us up twice.

I’d say Egan is behind McGoldrick and Norwood as well, but there is certainly no shame in that. Particularly second half of the season, he’s been brilliant.

He’s been great this season, but Billy is our best signing surely. He’s kept us up, then played a massive part in getting us up twice.

I’d say Egan is behind McGoldrick and Norwood as well, but there is certainly no shame in that. Particularly second half of the season, he’s been brilliant.

I reckon best signing in last 10 years has been either Jack O'Connell - was it £250k from Brentford? Ever-present during two promotions and still only 25. Must be worth £10 million + now, or John Fleck on a free (FREE!) from Coventry, integral in two promotions like JOC, is he 26/27? In his prime and must be worth £8-10 million.

Reyt lad Egan. Just because he wasn’t scouted from the Parisian Sunday league like the rest he was discarded.

Best signing we’ve made in the last 10 years.
Best in 10yrs???? That's a big statement. But he is good, but so is JOC!

Really!?, I'd never have guessed!

Back
Top Bottom