Player Suggestion Joe Rothwell and Josh Dasilva

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Two promising Championship midfielders who in theory should be a bit easier to sign given that they've not fully established themselves at their clubs.

Rothwell is at Blackburn, via Oxford having left Man Utd in 2016. 24 years old. 6 foot 1.
Dasilva is at Brentford after being released by Arsenal last summer. 20 years old. 6 foot.

Rothwell can play anywhere in midfield - right, left, deeper, advanced, but is currently more suited to a wide left/attacking role. He's right footed, has good close control, is a powerful runner, dribbles at pace and can go either way with the ball. He's only just started playing regularly, starting their last 7 games. Blackburn fans rate him highly and apparently see him as Dack's replacement. Not played as many games as he should have, because he left Man Utd too late. But that could mean he has more development left in him. Being at this stage at 24, Blackburn probably can't demand silly money.

Dasilva is a central midfielder who looks to have all the attributes to become a top player. Left footed with true all round athleticism, tidy feet, the ability to drive forward with the ball, find his passes and also put his foot in defensively. Could even cover LWB. He made a few starts for Brentford towards the end of the season and really caught the eye. If he stays, he'll be a revelation next season and another big money sale for them. Which is why they may be reluctant to sell at this stage, before his value's peaked. But he's certainly worth trying for.

Da Silva is a LWB or LB not a CM. I’d take him but Rothwell wouldn’t get on our bench

• Banned
Dasilva is absolutely a central midfielder. That's where he's played for Brentford and that's where he's playing for England. Would be wasted at LB/LWB.

Rothwell is another on the verge of making a name for himself which is why it could be a good idea to go for him now before he does.

How much do you think they would cost Ricky ?
Heard good things about Rothwell not much on da silva ( although I do rate the the da silva who is the full back on loan from chelsea )

Jay Dasilva at Bristol City (On loan from Chelsea) is a left back.
Josh Dasilva at Brentford is a central midfielder.

Re: Jay Dasilva. He would be a very good option for us. Bristol City supporters rave about him. I think they’re trying to re sign him though permanently. Using some of the money they got for the lad they sold to Bournemouth.

• Banned
How much do you think they would cost Ricky ?
Heard good things about Rothwell not much on da silva ( although I do rate the the da silva who is the full back on loan from chelsea )

It's difficult to say. Depends how optimistic their clubs are about their potential.

Rothwell's rated a lot by Blackburn but he's 24 and has been in and out of the team all season. Can't be over £4-5m surely. But they supposedly want about £7m for Lenihan, so you never know.

Dasilva's looked like a £10m prospect from bits I've seen, and his attributes are obvious. But he's barely been in their team until now and can't be the finished article. Yet he's starting for England in Toulon. Brentford could ask for anything, but whatever it is I'm pretty sure it'll be less than it will be in 6-12 months.

It's difficult to say. Depends how optimistic their clubs are about their potential.

Rothwell's rated a lot by Blackburn but he's 24 and has been in and out of the team all season. Can't be over £4-5m surely. But they supposedly want about £7m for Lenihan, so you never know.

Dasilva's looked like a £10m prospect from bits I've seen, and his attributes are obvious. But he's barely been in their team until now and can't be the finished article. Yet he's starting for England in Toulon. Brentford could ask for anything, but whatever it is I'm pretty sure it'll be less than it will be in 6-12 months.
I know most Blackburn fans are terrified of losing Rothwell but I'm.sure he will be much less of a well kept secret next season.

• Banned
Villa haven't even been linked with Rothwell yet. He's looking like the perfect stealthy option we need to consider....

Is Rothwell good enough for the Premiership ? He certainly wouldn't be anything other than back up at present. He was decent at Oxford but rated no better...and possibly worse than... Lundstram. Dont know how hes done at Blackburn, I'm hoping our targets are a little higher.

Now the Da Silva at Bristol City looked excellent versus us at the Lane. Quick, tricky and good on the ball. Would be top level competition for Enda and I would like to see him in out shirt.

Is Rothwell good enough for the Premiership ? He certainly wouldn't be anything other than back up at present. He was decent at Oxford but rated no better...and possibly worse than... Lundstram. Dont know how hes done at Blackburn, I'm hoping our targets are a little higher.

Now the Da Silva at Bristol City looked excellent versus us at the Lane. Quick, tricky and good on the ball. Would be top level competition for Enda and I would like to see him in out shirt.

It's funny with Lundstram and the Oxford midfielders (Rothwell and Ledson). We might have ended up with the worst of the 3! Not writing him off though because physically he seems to be improving all the time, and may evolve as a player.

Rothwell looks right on the edge of being PL ready which would make it the perfect time to move for him.

We saw what he was capable of at BL and he seems to have started producing that regularly.

Rothwell was Blackburns best player for me at the Lane.

He's one of a small number of players who really scared our defence at BL last season.

Robinson for PNE being another who stood out.

I'd like us to sign both.

CONFIRMED:

Joe Rothwell's pace.

I 'stumbled across' this Amari Bell interview: https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/march/a-z-amarii-bell/

"R RAPID - Who's the quickest player you've played with or against?

Right now there are a few who think they have the crown. There’s Joe Rothwell, Adam Armstrong, Dom and me. It’s out of us four, but on paper Joe would probably win. As for Dom, he’s definitely below me! The quickest I’ve played against is Devante Cole."

Jay Dasilva has gone to Bristol on a permanent 4-year deal, undisclosed fee.

I’d have taken him, he’s got loads of potential.

Wonder if Chelsea are open to selling any of their other youngsters off given their current circumstances.

It's an incredible permanent signing for Bristol City. Him and Kalas coming in with the Lloyd Kelly money is outstanding business. Two promotion standard signings who won't even need any time to settle in.

But........ he's not Josh Dasilva. He's still very much a Brentford player!

As for Rothwell, we are interested apparently. Which is pleasing. But I don't get the impression he's anything more than an alternative to other attacking players.

As Oxford fan - Rothwell defiantly wasn't worse than Lundstram. Rothwell like to be more advanced and we played with 2 holding midfielders Lunny and Ledson. Would be a very good signing if happened.

As Oxford fan - Rothwell defiantly wasn't worse than Lundstram. Rothwell like to be more advanced and we played with 2 holding midfielders Lunny and Ledson. Would be a very good signing if happened.

No need for the defiance on here mate

There could be a good opportunity to get Rothwell as it stands because there's no indication Blackburn are selling anyone else.

As for Dasilva, Brentford have spent about £6m on 2 Danish CMs. Which isn't great news for him. He could be gettable for a lower fee than I thought. We could sign him, give him a decent pay rise then have a good look at him before deciding whether to loan him out or not.

There could be a good opportunity to get Rothwell as it stands because there's no indication Blackburn are selling anyone else.

As for Dasilva, Brentford have spent about £6m on 2 Danish CMs. Which isn't great news for him. He could be gettable for a lower fee than I thought. We could sign him, give him a decent pay rise then have a good look at him before deciding whether to loan him out or not.

We aren’t at that stage were we can spend a few million on a player and loan him out. I’d rather use that money to add something immediately to the squad. Bournemouth are now doing this signing th best young talent. But we aren’t there yet.

Back
Top Bottom