Player Suggestion Jed Wallace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Impressing again tonight v Charlton. His delivery from open and set pieces is outstanding as his is work rate. Would be ideal replacement for Lundstram if he doesn't sign a new contract and is sold.

Impressing again tonight v Charlton. His delivery from open and set pieces is outstanding as his is work rate. Would be ideal replacement for Lundstram if he doesn't sign a new contract and is sold.
Really? He’s a decent championship midfielder at best for me. Doesn’t stand out that much at all.

I hope we have higher aspirations,

Got to be better than what we’ve got, else we’re going backwards..

...and he isn’t

Really? He’s a decent championship midfielder at best for me. Doesn’t stand out that much at all.

Why? Do we suddenly think we are above signing championship players. Berge has lundstrams shirt, so Wallace would be decent back up for a reasonable fee.

Burnley have survived comfortably for 4 years buying Championship players safe in the knowledge that if the worst does happen, they'll be all set for an immediate return. Listen to Wilders interview today. They are the blueprint for us so don't be surprised by a signing like this or John Swift.

Burnley have survived comfortably for 4 years buying Championship players safe in the knowledge that if the worst does happen, they'll be all set for an immediate return. Listen to Wilders interview today. They are the blueprint for us so don't be surprised by a signing like this or John Swift.
Just reading that gives me the shivers Roy. ' Worst does happen' bit.

It's near on impossible to get up from the league below. Stating the bleeding obvious , but staying up this year and hopefully next year would complete the best 3 years in our history. Build our team around young players who will only improve like Berge and McBurnie.

Fancy becoming a mainstay in the top flight ? Yep, me n all .

Just reading that gives me the shivers Roy. ' Worst does happen' bit.

It's near on impossible to get up from the league below. Stating the bleeding obvious , but staying up this year and hopefully next year would complete the best 3 years in our history. Build our team around young players who will only improve like Berge and McBurnie.

Fancy becoming a mainstay in the top flight ? Yep, me n all .

I agree but as Wilder said today, the money Burnley have built up and the way they have developed players means they are in a great position for a worse case scenario situation

I listened to it and he is going to say that. Something tells me though Wilder does not see Burnley as a blueprint, in fact I think he has his own blueprint.

I listened to it and he is going to say that. Something tells me though Wilder does not see Burnley as a blueprint, in fact I think he has his own blueprint.

I think we will follow a very similar transfer policy to Burnley mainly due to finances

Yes I agree Bruce ! Wilder wont settle for just staying afloat in the premiership ,without risking the clubs future he will look to winning things. He's a winner which means we are.
Playing football the SUFC way.

Lundstram didn't stand out for anyone for 2 seasons here, but this season has been a revelation. Sometimes we got to take a risk like that.

“Burnley are the most talked about football club in our football club,” said Wilder during his pre-match press conference. “£120million, £120million, £120million, that is what they have done.

“Burnley are the most talked about football club in our football club,” said Wilder during his pre-match press conference. “£120million, £120million, £120million, that is what they have done.

yes they have - but why suddenly has Dyche got a massive beef with Garlic, the Chairman of Burnley about contracts for players ie: Hendrick? Dyche doesn't seem happy and a few have said he might walk away.

There is something not quite right inside Burnley or so it seems, especially if they were allegedly going to run out of money (COVID-19) by August.

Football fans used to talk about Charlton and Curbishley - it's now Burnley and Dyche - perhaps not for much longer.

UTB

yes they have - but why suddenly has Dyche got a massive beef with Garlic, the Chairman of Burnley about contracts for players ie: Hendrick? Dyche doesn't seem happy and a few have said he might walk away.

There is something not quite right inside Burnley or so it seems, especially if they were allegedly going to run out of money (COVID-19) by August.

Football fans used to talk about Charlton and Curbishley - it's now Burnley and Dyche - perhaps not for much longer.

UTB
Glass ceiling ,let's hope the same can't be said of us in a few years

Not normally one for doing player suggestions but don't want to talk about the present football either at the Lane! Sooo, just wondering if anyone else agreed that Jed Wallace could be a fine addition to our midfield, which I think we can all admit, lacks creativity at times, especially when Fleck isn't playing or is off form which granted isn't often.

He's just turned 26, in the form of his life, takes free kicks - well - dribbles, has close control and is right footed, therefore providing natural balance to the right side of midfield and is a contrast to anyone else on that side. Lunny also appears to be stalling over a contract although I think in time he'll sign, but even if he does, in Wallace you've got a more creative option.

This season he's got a very impressive 10 goals and 9 assists. As a comparison, Luke Freeman last season had 8 goals and 6 assists, and of course, the season isn't out yet for Wallace. I seem to recall Wilder saying he admired Wallace and maybe that we went for him at some point, not sure on that though. He's also up there with more high profile players in terms of goals and assists, such as Eze at QPR and Benrahma at Brentford.

Considering also that our budget has been cut and that Wallace wouldn't cost the earth, maybe £6-10m tops, I reckon he could be a good addition and I've also read reports we're looking to the Championship for recruits - can't remember where I read that though.

As we've already got Fleck on the left and Freeman doesn't seem to be fancied, maybe Freeman leaving could be an option this summer, maybe even a swap with Wallace, but I am sad that Freeman's not got more of a look in, but I suspect that's solely because he has to win a place with Fleck, and Fleck's being outstanding.

As ever you've got to have a few videos so here's two from you tube!

We need new players to replace the starting 11, that is called continual improvement.

If you bring in players just in case Flecks having an off day does improve the starting 11 (accept it may improve squad)

Agreed. Hull City also had it going good led by Allam (I appreciate not a manager), but the club was ok - then as he wanted the name changed to "Hull Tigers". the fans objected and he effectively fucked off. I do get the name change and the fans but it was obvious, Allam was the inspiration and driving force behind Hull - just look at them now.

Yes also to us - we too should be careful with CW/AK and the set up we have. It's a balance that works and if nothing else, the prince has to let CW "make progress". I think if we let CW do that over the coming 5-10 years it may set us up for a decade or more. organic growth for us is the key.

UTB

Agree 100% with what your saying. I’ve not been to Turf More for a while. I wanted to see what if any investments they’ve done to the ground. On TV it looks the same.

That’s why we seem to be higher the ceiling before we hit it with the training ground / acadaemy / stadium increases etc.

It’s the little thing like the light show / fire we have etc. I know some will hate it but it’s the next generation my nephew wants to go to all night matches for it. Crazy marketing but it works.

We need new players to replace the starting 11, that is called continual improvement.

If you bring in players just in case Flecks having an off day does improve the starting 11 (accept it may improve squad)

I take your point and I agree, but I don't know if we'll have the budget with the corona loss of income to improve on many of the existing squad. I suspect the interest in John Swift at £5m ish, is a sign of the immediate plans of where we're at. I think someone like Swift, if he arrives, will have been brought into develop gradually. We do still need good back-up though regardless to a few positions, right wing back stands out as a position where we lack decent cover.

I actually like this lad. Unsure he would be able to play RCM. But I don't know his overall game that well.

I like him and think he'd add to us but we've not been linked with any midfielders for a whole, seems that we're concentrating up top. My guess is the midfield will be where we look at for January.

I wonder if Lunny will sign a new deal also given that he's playing regularly and also he's not got a move also of course.

Unless either he's in he's last 6 months of contract or Utd have a buyer for Berge, I can't see any way that Utd will be able to fund it. Unsurprisingly, CW seems to have persuaded Gibson to spend big so I wouldn't be surprised to se him go there.

Back
Top Bottom