Player Suggestion Jed Wallace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Booker4

Reaction score
Not normally one for doing player suggestions but don't want to talk about the present football either at the Lane! Sooo, just wondering if anyone else agreed that Jed Wallace could be a fine addition to our midfield, which I think we can all admit, lacks creativity at times, especially when Fleck isn't playing or is off form which granted isn't often.

He's just turned 26, in the form of his life, takes free kicks - well - dribbles, has close control and is right footed, therefore providing natural balance to the right side of midfield and is a contrast to anyone else on that side. Lunny also appears to be stalling over a contract although I think in time he'll sign, but even if he does, in Wallace you've got a more creative option.

This season he's got a very impressive 10 goals and 9 assists. As a comparison, Luke Freeman last season had 8 goals and 6 assists, and of course, the season isn't out yet for Wallace. I seem to recall Wilder saying he admired Wallace and maybe that we went for him at some point, not sure on that though. He's also up there with more high profile players in terms of goals and assists, such as Eze at QPR and Benrahma at Brentford.

Considering also that our budget has been cut and that Wallace wouldn't cost the earth, maybe £6-10m tops, I reckon he could be a good addition and I've also read reports we're looking to the Championship for recruits - can't remember where I read that though.

As we've already got Fleck on the left and Freeman doesn't seem to be fancied, maybe Freeman leaving could be an option this summer, maybe even a swap with Wallace, but I am sad that Freeman's not got more of a look in, but I suspect that's solely because he has to win a place with Fleck, and Fleck's being outstanding.

As ever you've got to have a few videos so here's two from you tube!

If we're going to continue with this formation yes. He has played centre mid and right wing in his career, wand of a right foot too.

Luke Freeman looked that good in the Championship.......
So did John Fleck, Oli Norwood, John Egan, JOC, Bash, Baldock, Stevens...

What are we doing, never signing from the Championship again because Freeman hasn't featured much this year?

So did John Fleck, Oli Norwood, John Egan, JOC, Bash, Baldock, Stevens...

What are we doing, never signing from the Championship again because Freeman hasn't featured much this year?

Not at all, and those you listed looked good with us in our system....big difference.

I was just saying as Wallace and Freeman are obviously of a similar style......jeez man, you really do have to try and turn everything into an argument.

Go and knock one out, relieve some of that tension, you will feel a whole lot better..:)

Not at all, and those you listed looked good with us in our system....big difference.

I was just saying as Wallace and Freeman are obviously of a similar style......jeez man, you really do have to try and turn everything into an argument.

Go and knock one out, relieve some of that tension, you will feel a whole lot better..:)
Try not to talk nonsense next time then

Pot, kettle black there me old son!

Judging by the gap between posts you obviously followed my advice....🤛💦💦
I beg you show me said nonsense 😂 I'd love to see it

Or I have a job? Whatever floats your boat though

Everyone looks good in videos

Actually no they don't in my opinion, but granted you only see the best. But the stats are there also of 10 goals 9 assists for an average QPR.

Luke Freeman looked that good in the Championship.......

As for comparison with Freeman, you're right Freeman did look good in the Championship, but he didn't score as many or assist as many - not a massive gap in either but nevertheless Wallace has more and the season still has 7 games to go. Also Freeman has to compete with Fleck - a thankless task. Wallace would be competing with Lunny, possibly Berge for the right side of midfield and seems a better fit than Berge (who will in time probably be central) and offers something different to Lunny who is not a certain starter like Fleck is. As Ricky says Wallace can play RWB, I didn't know that if honest, but not going to doubt Ricky!

Another player who could be a good option is Adam Armstrong from Blackburn. I've stayed away from the obvious Ollie Watkins and Karlan Grant suggestions because we all know they're the standouts and they'd cost £20m, or more, and I think there may be better value with Wallace and Armstrong. Armstrong seems to be fulfilling his potential more this season, he's got pace to burn which is always useful, and he's still only 23. The main concern I;d have is that he may not immediately be ready for the PL, but if we wait another season when he may well go onto get 20 for Blackburn you can guess his value will then be £20m!

Always rated him, with K.Freeman leaving he'd be an upgraded replacement for sure and could play the right side of midfield aswell as you've mentioned. Matty Cash would be a good fit too for the RWB position, he's really come on this season at Forrest and looks a proper player. If the Championship is the market we'll be looking in I imagine they will be players we'll be looking at.

Always liked Jed Wallace. He'd improve what we have. Whether or not he'd be a good signing depends on our ambitions.

Another player who could be a good option is Adam Armstrong from Blackburn. I've stayed away from the obvious Ollie Watkins and Karlan Grant suggestions because we all know they're the standouts and they'd cost £20m, or more, and I think there may be better value with Wallace and Armstrong. Armstrong seems to be fulfilling his potential more this season, he's got pace to burn which is always useful, and he's still only 23. The main concern I;d have is that he may not immediately be ready for the PL, but if we wait another season when he may well go onto get 20 for Blackburn you can guess his value will then be £20m!

He's one I wanted us to sign 2 years ago.

Had an OK first season at Blackburn and is now having a very impressive second.

I'm not sure if he's ready for the PL due to physicality, but your last point is a good one in this case - he's a perfect example of one who could go on to score 20+ next season and rocket in value.

Joe Rothwell is another interesting one at Blackburn. Versatile attacking midfielder, an explosive dribbler. Has become a regular this season. Just a bit short on goals/assists. Should be gettable relatively cheap.

Last edited:
Always liked Jed Wallace. He'd improve what we have. Whether or not he'd be a good signing depends on our ambitions.

Not convinced he improves the first 11.
Even at RWB, he's probably better going forward than Baldock, but not convinced defensively.

Not convinced he improves the first 11.
Even at RWB, he's probably better going forward than Baldock, but not convinced defensively.

I'm not sure either. I certainly wouldn't want him to be playing RWB, Baldock is an excellent defender & has to do a lot of defending.

I'd see him as another Luke Freeman type signing, a very capable understudy for the right sided midfield role.

Though I do feel Luke Freeman has been massively under-used this season.

He's always impressed. Hard working, creates chances and at a club which probably wouldn't be able to demand the world.

We
He's always impressed. Hard working, creates chances and at a club which probably wouldn't be able to demand the world.
We need to look beyond good championship players if we want to stay in the premiership.
We have found some but playing too there max as Wilder says is not sustainable for long periods.
Most premiership players play to about 90% of max and can sustain that,been even then players do burn out if pushed to play too often.

We

We need to look beyond good championship players if we want to stay in the premiership.
We have found some but playing too there max as Wilder says is not sustainable for long periods.
Most premiership players play to about 90% of max and can sustain that,been even then players do burn out if pushed to play too often.

We currently don't have the means. We need to pick up Championship/L1/L2 players who can develop into Premier League players.

Not normally one for doing player suggestions but don't want to talk about the present football either at the Lane! Sooo, just wondering if anyone else agreed that Jed Wallace could be a fine addition to our midfield, which I think we can all admit, lacks creativity at times, especially when Fleck isn't playing or is off form which granted isn't often.

He's just turned 26, in the form of his life, takes free kicks - well - dribbles, has close control and is right footed, therefore providing natural balance to the right side of midfield and is a contrast to anyone else on that side. Lunny also appears to be stalling over a contract although I think in time he'll sign, but even if he does, in Wallace you've got a more creative option.

This season he's got a very impressive 10 goals and 9 assists. As a comparison, Luke Freeman last season had 8 goals and 6 assists, and of course, the season isn't out yet for Wallace. I seem to recall Wilder saying he admired Wallace and maybe that we went for him at some point, not sure on that though. He's also up there with more high profile players in terms of goals and assists, such as Eze at QPR and Benrahma at Brentford.

Considering also that our budget has been cut and that Wallace wouldn't cost the earth, maybe £6-10m tops, I reckon he could be a good addition and I've also read reports we're looking to the Championship for recruits - can't remember where I read that though.

As we've already got Fleck on the left and Freeman doesn't seem to be fancied, maybe Freeman leaving could be an option this summer, maybe even a swap with Wallace, but I am sad that Freeman's not got more of a look in, but I suspect that's solely because he has to win a place with Fleck, and Fleck's being outstanding.

As ever you've got to have a few videos so here's two from you tube!

Who calls their son Jed, 26 years ago 🤷🏻‍♂️

Always rated him, with K.Freeman leaving he'd be an upgraded replacement for sure and could play the right side of midfield aswell as you've mentioned. Matty Cash would be a good fit too for the RWB position, he's really come on this season at Forrest and looks a proper player. If the Championship is the market we'll be looking in I imagine they will be players we'll be looking at.
they want silly money for matty cash apparently, id probs pay upto 10m, theyll be holding out for way more, rich owners

i’d also take a look at Dack, but maybe another square peg in our formation

Wallace is an excellent shout btw, theyve been playing a similar formation to us away from
home and i really like Gary Rowett, feel like hes not too dismilar to our Chris attitude-wise, he will have had a good effect on the lad

Last edited:
We currently don't have the means. We need to pick up Championship/L1/L2 players who can develop into Premier League players.
Agreed Robbie! But it gets harder to pick out the ones who can make it in the premiership.
CWAK have a difficult job susing out young players who can make the jump.
It will be a few years before we can afford real quality premiership players unless the prince can find some money.
Staying up is vital to maintain the impetus we have got its going to be an interesting window.We,'re desperate for quality and nous in a few positions.

This is a signing I'd approve. Would add a little creativity to our midfield especially in advanced areas, whilst providing the work rate, teamwork we require in our system & I believe he has filled in at RWB for Millwall at times? Wilder is a fan of Wallace too so this could be someone we are actually keeping tabs on. Whilst on subject of Millwall, Mahlon Romeo for competition at RWB? He's one that could be worth looking at.

I think he's a good player and I'd be all for it but he's got another two years left on his contract and so won't come cheap. My mate who's a Millwall fan - so take with as much salt as you like - reckons it would have to be a bid of around £12-15m for them to consider. That might put him out of our price range unless Wilder reckons he'd come in and take that RCM spot.

I think he's a good player and I'd be all for it but he's got another two years left on his contract and so won't come cheap. My mate who's a Millwall fan - so take with as much salt as you like - reckons it would have to be a bid of around £12-15m for them to consider. That might put him out of our price range unless Wilder reckons he'd come in and take that RCM spot.
I would have thought he'd be about half that in todays climate 6-10

Back
Top Bottom