Player Suggestion Jed Wallace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Unless either he's in he's last 6 months of contract or Utd have a buyer for Berge, I can't see any way that Utd will be able to fund it. Unsurprisingly, CW seems to have persuaded Gibson to spend big so I wouldn't be surprised to se him go there.

He is in his last 6 months. I have a feeling after his time at wolves he might not really fancy another move up north.

Don't know why people post those Sheffield united news story's they have as much validity as anyone else's opinion on here

Top end Championship player, on a free, so a high chance he'll become a squad player at a newly promoted team, e.g. playoff winner.
Or just Burnley.

West Brom leading the race. This is the type that we should be looking to sign, but I would imagine that Bruce is throwing big money at Wallace, maybe we'd rather someone with a selling value re the Prince's sustainability model, whether we agree with that or not is another thing, but I'd guess that signing players in their late 20's on big money is not part of that plan. I'm personally ok with that if we're looking to sign someone younger permanently, or even if there's a free transfer out there who can come in that's not going to break the bank, but I can see an over reliance on loans and those that do come permanently will be free transfer squad fillers, not the likes of Wallace. Signing young players with potential from the non-league or from other Academies such as Will Peck is a good business model, but in the meantime we need some immediate quality. I think next season we can compete for the top two, especially if Forest go up, Wallace would have been a good addition but here's hoping for decent quality even if on loan.

Saw Jed Wallace interviewed in a live show last week for the Not The Top 20 podcast, and have to say he spoke brilliantly – a really witty, intelligent footballer, who clearly has a big interest in the wider game than simply football being work. He spoke quite candidly about his plans this summer – very open about the fact he wants the chance to play in the Premier League at this stage of his career, and if that opportunity doesn’t come this summer then the most likely thing is he works out a new deal at Millwall. Obviously this sort of stuff can change fairly quickly, but I got from that he wouldn’t be interested in a move to a different Championship club. FWIW, I reckon he’ll be off to Forest if they win the playoff final.

Gone to Brom, will Bruce be a bit more adventurous with Wallace and Swift in midfield?

Meanwhile we wait for another club to make their mind up on whether they want to sign a player they have first refusal on........:rolleyes:........but hey, we have made a 7 figure bid for a full international.....I remember us doing the same for Conor Coady......😂

He is a primarily a winger, that may be why we've not gone for him. Who knows, good signing for Albion. West Brom will have offered him some decent money for sure, otherwise I'm sure he'd have stayed in London. As much as it's frustrating that we've signed no one, I'll refrain to when the season starts to see how we are then. Sadly the window doesn't close till the end of August so there could be a fair wait yet!

It would be interesting to know what wages and signing on fee they've forked out for him and Swift.

Let's not shit the bed for another month though eh? Plenty of things can happen.

Advantage of being in the second tier is there is no shortage of players that can come in and improve you.

Not as if we are Real Madrid and very few players can come in and improve you.

It would be interesting to know what wages and signing on fee they've forked out for him and Swift.

Let's not shit the bed for another month though eh? Plenty of things can happen.

Advantage of being in the second tier is there is no shortage of players that can come in and improve you.

Mcburnie would improve them ......if any of the Real hierarchy are reading this!!!

Fees and wages will be big. No doubt.

Swift's injury record is pretty terrible, so does not justify the money.

Wallace would have been nice, but he wants a team with a back 4. So not us.

Wba have probably the strongest squad in the division but with Bruce as manager they won’t do anything

Bruce has been promoted from the Champ to the Prem twice (B'ham and Hull). I don't quite get the view that he'll hold WBA back
Different era. Tactically has he got anything on the younger managers that did well last season in the Championship?

Different era. Tactically has he got anything on the younger managers that did well last season in the Championship?

I didn't realise you had to be young in order to be thought of as a decent manager. Someone had better tell Ancelotti. Perhaps Ferguson and Wenger also went on for 30 years too many as well! :)

I didn't realise you had to be young in order to be thought of as a decent manager. Someone had better tell Ancelotti. Perhaps Ferguson and Wenger also went on for 30 years too many as well! :)
Is that what I said? Not intended. I just implied Bruce isn't tactically astute. His promotions were in a different era.

I'd find it even more disappointing if we weren't interested in Swift & Wallace on frees.

You're unlikely to ever find out whether Utd were or were not interested. Personally, I think both are good players for Champ level but I would also understand reservations on both (salary demands, injury records, fit to Utd's formation & style of play etc.), not to mention the players' preferences including location.

Despite the lack of fees, neither would have been a cheap signing. So even if Utd did have an interest in either player, it may have come down to a judgement call on whether they would have been the best use of Utd's resources or whether other targets were/are perceived as a better bet.

Last edited:
I think I'm in the minority, but I don't rate Wallace. He's an OK player. But he's never really impressed me. He's been good for a mid-table side.

Bruce has been promoted from the Champ to the Prem twice (B'ham and Hull). I don't quite get the view that he'll hold WBA back
The game has moved on since then, you could argue if that's the case then why did he not get WBA promoted when they were sitting in 3rd/4th for ta good part of the season

The game has moved on since then, you could argue if that's the case then why did he not get WBA promoted when they were sitting in 3rd/4th for ta good part of the season

Didn't Bruce take over when they were about 9th? By your logic, shouldn't Utd have just escaped relegation, given that was their position when PH took over?

Two solid signings for them Swift and Wallace.
Probably started speaking to these players in April. That's one of the benefits of having nothing to play for at the end of the season. For us, Burnley, Luton & Huddersfield we'll be late with our planning because we went to the last games.

Its not surprising to me that we've not signed anyone, I suspect we'll panic again towards the end of the window when results aren't great.

Back
Top Bottom