Player Suggestion Jayden Stockley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1danewhitehouse

Reaction score
Wilder wants a big striker up top.

This lad is 6"3, 22 years old and scored 10 goals in 22 games for Exeter last season. On loan from Aberdeen. Worth a punt? Can we attract players from Aberdeen?

He only joined Aberdeen this summer, can't see him even being available for loan at this stage. Besides, Wilder wants an experienced target man with a goal scoring record at this level.

He only joined Aberdeen this summer, can't see him even being available for loan at this stage. Besides, Wilder wants an experienced target man with a goal scoring record at this level.

Ah my bad. Thought he'd been on loan at Exeter from Aberdeen.

Ah my bad. Thought he'd been on loan at Exeter from Aberdeen.

I noticed that he'd done well at Exeter too, but as we know he's gone to Aberdeen. If we're going for a younger target man that is going to learn the ropes and come on for the last 20 minutes etc than I think Uche Ipeazu should definitely be considered. He's got all the attributes. I know he's been mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

I noticed that he'd done well at Exeter too, but as we know he's gone to Aberdeen. If we're going for a younger target man that is going to learn the ropes and come on for the last 20 minutes etc than I think Uche Ipeazu should definitely be considered. He's got all the attributes. I know he's been mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

Yep. I've been banging that particular drum for over a year now since I saw him play on loan for Donny.

Chris Porter and Michael Higdon did well in Scotland, we also signed Lyle Taylor after a decent spell at Falkirk. I'd say we are better looking elsewhere.

He was an absolute donkey whilst at Aberdeen. Must be doing something different at Exeter.

It'd be a pass for me.

In talks with Preston, who are willing to meet the £750k buyout fee. MK Dons & Wiggin also interested.

Got to be worth a punt hasn't he?? Look what Wilders done with the current squad.

Got to be worth a punt hasn't he?? Look what Wilders done with the current squad.

For £750k + wages over 3 years he's an expensive "punt" for such an unproven player. Considering someone like Zahore would cost similar through to the end of the season, I know which I think which would score more between now and the end of May.

For £750k + wages over 3 years he's an expensive "punt" for such an unproven player. Considering someone like Zahore would cost similar through to the end of the season, I know which I think which would score more between now and the end of May.

Considering the lack of success so far of Eisa at Bristol City and Doidge at Bolton, it looks a bit of a risk taking L2 strikers and hoping they'll do well in the Championship.

£750k isn't a lot really, Jordan Rhodes was £8m and he did fuck all, now that's a lot of money!

£750k isn't a lot really, Jordan Rhodes was £8m and he did fuck all, now that's a lot of money!

£750k is a lot if it's a straight choice, especialy if he's likely to be 5th or 6th choice. That is unless you're planning to donate such an amount.

Last edited:
L2 to the Championship is a bigger jump than it used to be.

Not that players at that level aren't worth looking at.

Stockley's next step should probably be L1.

£750k is a lot if it's a straight choice, especialy if he's likely to be 5th or 6th choice. That is unless you're planning to donate such an amount.
If he helps get us to the prem, he will be worth double that atleast!?
Are you the Prince or Kev by any chance!???

They've taken a gamble, although to be fair to them, PNE are usually quite good at taking these lower league gambles.

They’ll make money off this transfer, no doubt about it.

They've taken a gamble, although to be fair to them, PNE are usually quite good at taking these lower league gambles.
What do you define as quite good? The fact they do it and stay in and around the championship (with the occasional drop to league 1) or that they make some money off them? Looking at it that way, were also quite good at it with Evans and Leonard.

What do you define as quite good? The fact they do it and stay in and around the championship (with the occasional drop to league 1) or that they make some money off them? Looking at it that way, were also quite good at it with Evans and Leonard.

That they survive in and around the Championship and then sell on for a good few, to maintain their championship status.

Back
Top Bottom