Jamie Redknapp’s view of Wilder in todays Daily Mail

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And the Mirror and Guardian ?

Nothing like so partisan. The lapdog Tory press is hand in glove with central office. They are all part of the same gang, ensuring the elite few hang on to power and wealth in perpetuity by hoodwinking the ordinary working man.

www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/

Infantile, inaccurate and entirely lacking in balance or reason. Scum.

Last edited:

I get Club International.

Not heard of that one. If we get into Europe next season maybe they'll do a feature on us.

To be fair to Redknapp he was banging the drum earlier in the season, he was in the Sky studio with Souness and someone else (might be Roy Keane), Redknapp spoke up for the start we'd made and how we were playing but the other 2 just sniggered and carried on.

The Daily Mail did a pre-season Premier League Fixtures Guide. Each club had their own preview. Jamie Redknapp gave his opinion on the position each club would finish.

He had us down at 20th. Not mentioned that it today's article.

Genuinely can't see it happening before the end of the season. There could be bids before then, but can't see Wilder even giving it a second thought before the summer. And to be fair, if someone like Arsenal come along and offer him 10x the wage we can, then for the sake of his family he'd be daft to turn it down, as much as it would hurt

as we always say its all about timing. if we flop at the euros. & wilder wins LMA manager of the year 2 yrs in a row. you know who england coming after & it not howe in Bournemouth

The Daily Mail did a pre-season Premier League Fixtures Guide. Each club had their own preview. Jamie Redknapp gave his opinion on the position each club would finish.

He had us down at 20th. Not mentioned that it today's article.

Where did the bookies have us down to finish? What about most other press outlets around the world?

Assuming he’s not watched all of our games last season and he’s seen the 2nd placed Championship side spending a relatively small amount of money apart from the £20m spent on a Championship striker his views weren’t exactly left field were they?!

Now he’s seen us play he’s revised that view and did so in August when I saw him talking about us in a positive manner.

Someone have a word with Jamie and let him know that Wilder already has the LMA award from May. But manager of the year (is it an actual award?) would also be appreciated

Let's face it everyone who tipped us to stay up, was a Blade according to "experts" we were making numbers up.

To be fair to Redknapp he was banging the drum earlier in the season, he was in the Sky studio with Souness and someone else (might be Roy Keane), Redknapp spoke up for the start we'd made and how we were playing but the other 2 just sniggered and carried on.

Was Ashley Cole sniggering like a grade A not Roy Keane.

Nice thought but we have only played 12 games and Phil Brown at Hull is a handy reminder of what can go wrong after a brilliant start.
Won six of the first nine and ended up staying up by one point on the last day.
This is still a bloody tough league.

Phil Brown let ego derail the success he enjoyed. The perma-tan, the self-indulgent HT team talk on the pitch; Got to a point where he semt to have spent more time infront of the mirror then his players.

If Wilder was ever in a boozer in a slim fit suit and fake tan, he'd have plenty of people within shouting distance to call him a bellend.

Don’t be so sure, Wilder and Sheffield United are so unique. He likes his players to be hungry with a point to prove and I can’t really see his style of management suiting a club like Arsenal. The hierarchy at the Emirates just wouldn’t be able stop themselves interfering.
As much as it grieves me I think Man United would be a much better fit for him and maybe the best of a bad scenario for us, as they won’t be throwing Solskjaer under the bus anytime soon.

Not called the Daily Heil for nothing. Pathetic rancid shithouse of a rag. If I wiped my arse with it it'd be a waste.

I don't understand why so many can't just enjoy the ride. This is something amazing that I have waited so many years for. Wilder and Knill might take us all the way. They continue to surprise me. Clough did it, he didn't slope off for money. His pride and self belief wouldn't let him. It is almost a pride in their ability against the odds. I honestly think they will only go to National management above this. Enjoy it. Barcelona, Liverpool, Real, Citeh, we are coming for you.

I love it, but at the same time it's adding credibility to a hostile bid sooner or later. Bitter sweet.

Ffs why can't people just enjoy the here and now? Yeah maybe he will or won't get poached but for now let's enjoy the success many of us thought we'd never see again.

Ffs why can't people just enjoy the here and now? Yeah maybe he will or won't get poached but for now let's enjoy the success many of us thought we'd never see again.
Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to enjoy it from today onwards. I'm just skipping down the street actually, getting some funny looks, but what the hell, I'm happy 😉

Wilder and Knill might take us all the way. They continue to surprise me. Clough did it, he didn't slope off for money. His pride and self belief wouldn't let him. It is almost a pride in their ability

Ian “the Moose” Abraham’s was commentating on our game at Spurs so they interviewed him about 11am yesterday on Talksport regards the VAR decision.

As expected he slaughtered VAR but he ended his comments by saying he’s been massively impressed with Sheff Utd and said some of our players look top quality and we far higher quality than Spurs and we definitely deserved to win.

He then said if anyone studies the last 4 years of Wilders career it’s been unbelievable, better than any other manager achievement for many years.

Then Moose said people might think he’s exaggerating but the last time he saw a manager with this Midas touch was Brian Clough, he said Wilder is the modem day Brian Clough because it seems impossible to transform lower division players into high performing PL players. He also said it wouldn’t surprise him if we’re challenging for a Europa League spot all season.

Ian “the Moose” Abraham’s was commentating on our game at Spurs so they interviewed him about 11am yesterday on Talksport regards the VAR decision.

As expected he slaughtered VAR but he ended his comments by saying he’s been massively impressed with Sheff Utd and said some of our players look top quality and we far higher quality than Spurs and we definitely deserved to win.

He then said if anyone studies the last 4 years of Wilders career it’s been unbelievable, better than any other manager achievement for many years.

Then Moose said people might think he’s exaggerating but the last time he saw a manager with this Midas touch was Brian Clough, he said Wilder is the modem day Brian Clough because it seems impossible to transform lower division players into high performing PL players. He also said it wouldn’t surprise him if we’re challenging for a Europa League spot all season.

Yeah, but he is "The Stupid Moose", not a patch on the real one, our no. 22. In fairness he is spot on this time, but for the most part he is a figure of ridicule, even among his coworkers.

Nothing like so partisan. The lapdog Tory press is hand in glove with central office. They are all part of the same gang, ensuring the elite few hang on to power and wealth in perpetuity by hoodwinking the ordinary working man.

www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/

Infantile, inaccurate and entirely lacking in balance or reason. Scum.
that would be funny if it wasn't for the fact that 90 percent of Labour mp's are university educated oxbridge types who don't represent the working man either. you have a sepia tinted view of the 'old' (proper) labour party that we all knew and loved. these people have nothing to do with the working class. give me a break. most of them are fabians who 'despise' the working class.

Back
Top Bottom