Jamie Redknapp’s view of Wilder in todays Daily Mail

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Cat 317

Reaction score
Chris Wilder is my favourite for Manager of the Year after impressing with Sheffield United

Chris Wilder is my favourite for Manager of the Year after impressing with Sheffield United
Chris Wilder has to be favourite to win the Premier League’s Manager of the Year award right now. Frank Lampard is performing amazingly at Chelsea, getting big performances out of young players.
What a story it would be if Jurgen Klopp leads Liverpool to the title ahead of Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City, too.
But Wilder has wowed us all. His Sheffield United side were written off by plenty at the start of the season. But look at them now – leaving the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium disappointed with only a point.
That says it all. His team play so brave in the way their centre backs charge forward, even against the bigger sides. If they can finish in the top half of the table, then Wilder has to take home that award.

Chris Wilder has to be favourite to win the Premier League’s Manager of the Year award right now. Frank Lampard is performing amazingly at Chelsea, getting big performances out of young players.
What a story it would be if Jurgen Klopp leads Liverpool to the title ahead of Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City, too.
But Wilder has wowed us all. His Sheffield United side were written off by plenty at the start of the season. But look at them now – leaving the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium disappointed with only a point.
That says it all. His team play so brave in the way their centre backs charge forward, even against the bigger sides. If they can finish in the top half of the table, then Wilder has to take home that award.

Again......... ;)

I love it, but at the same time it's adding credibility to a hostile bid sooner or later. Bitter sweet.

I think we all know who will be his inveitable replacement when Barcelona come knocking, Our new No1 fan Mardy Mourinho!

I love it, but at the same time it's adding credibility to a hostile bid sooner or later. Bitter sweet.
Genuinely can't see it happening before the end of the season. There could be bids before then, but can't see Wilder even giving it a second thought before the summer. And to be fair, if someone like Arsenal come along and offer him 10x the wage we can, then for the sake of his family he'd be daft to turn it down, as much as it would hurt

They’re all jumping on the band wagon now.

Headline

“Jamie Redknapp jumps on band wagon and says nothing new that nobody has else said before”

To be fair to Redknapp he was banging the drum earlier in the season, he was in the Sky studio with Souness and someone else (might be Roy Keane), Redknapp spoke up for the start we'd made and how we were playing but the other 2 just sniggered and carried on.

To be fair to Redknapp he was banging the drum earlier in the season, he was in the Sky studio with Souness and someone else (might be Roy Keane), Redknapp spoke up for the start we'd made and how we were playing but the other 2 just sniggered and carried on.
Neither Roy Keane nor Souness have ever sniggered in their lives. You’re lucky to get a smile.

Back
Top Bottom