Incoming? Jamie Murphy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Acknowledge - Ive been out I do have a life outside of this forum

With regard to value I trust Wilder you want a PL ready player as I have said they wont come cheap
If you want players with it all in front of them you are unlikely to get a PL ready player as they will either be already there with wages to match or be with one of the top Championship clubs

You want the Bournemouth formula they are backed by a very wealthy foreign owner and have spent a fortune on their way to the PL I dont know how much off hand but havent there been some rumblings over FFP breaches
United simply dont have that money and I for one dont want them spending £5m on one player, we dont have any stars at this club signing one could upset the balance, spirit and togetherness of the side
Yes, once again we need to nail this myth about the “Bournemouth” way. The Russian spent a gigantic amount of money and bent the rules. There is no way we have access to these kinds of funds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36189779

Sorry, you are spouting rubbish!

I am saying nothing of the sort about big money signings. Quite the opposite.

You said PL ready players they will cost big money
Wilder will sign players whilst we are in the Championship that have the ability to develop into PL players in the future. Once in the PL he will probably sign PL ready players

What I am saying is that we should be aiming higher than Jamie Murphy and for players who can hack it in the Prem when we get there. You must have noticed Wilder buys proper players for what they are worth and not for daft money. He'll not sign the 28 year old Murphy for £3m, rather a 25 year old Murphy equivalent

Which PL ready player would you sign and for how much ?
As I said earlier IMO Murphy would be value at £1m but not £3m. I very much doubt United will pay much over £1m for any player in the JTW never mind the £3m plus it would take to sign a PL ready player that has most of his career in front of him like you suggest

You said PL ready players they will cost big money
Wilder will sign players whilst we are in the Championship that have the ability to develop into PL players in the future. Once in the PL he will probably sign PL ready players

Which PL ready player would you sign and for how much ?
As I said earlier IMO Murphy would be value at £1m but not £3m. I very much doubt United will pay much over £1m for any player in the JTW never mind the £3m plus it would take to sign a PL ready player that has most of his career in front of him like you suggest

We are now talking from the same viewpoint. No need for any aggression at any stage.

It would only be a loan if this were to happen (imo) so only wages would be the financial stumbling block!

Bumping this in case there are timid ITKers out there who need encouraging.

Given our problems with creativity when missing key players, and the gap between our top two and midfield (today, e.g.), Murph's ability to run with the ball from deep could be handy.

... or played, for that matter ? We do need match-fit, match-ready players in the JTW.

I posted on the wrong thread to be honest. Thought this was about Cole. I'd happily have Murphy back but as you say he likely won't be ready to come straight in and make a difference

I think we could do with a player or two that could also make the difference in an adapted system to what we usually play.

There will be a number of times that we need something a little different. That doesn't mean such a player couldn't contribute to our usual set up.

we have "game changing investment" chill lads we are loaded

giphy.gif

Totally passed me by that he'd left Rangers on loan, to Burton.

He scored one and set one up other week, yes it's at a much lower level but he looked lively. He wouldn't command mega money either, wondered whether we should've had a look? He was the most exciting thing here when he was with us.

He scored one and set one up other week, yes it's at a much lower level but he looked lively. He wouldn't command mega money either, wondered whether we should've had a look? He was the most exciting thing here when he was with us.

He's scored about 5? Thought you'd said that haha. More impressive.

Is this a joke?

THIS IS THE LEVEL OF POSITIVITY WE NEED.
What we need is a realisation of where we are now, which doesn’t include a requirement for a 30 year old who couldn’t cut it in the EPL even before his career threatening injury.

He is also a winger. We don’t play with them.

What we need is a realisation of where we are now, which doesn’t include a requirement for a 30 year old who couldn’t cut it in the EPL even before his career threatening injury.

He is also a winger. We don’t play with them.

THIS IS THE LEVEL OF NEGATIVITY WE DON'T NEED.

If being the most exciting part of those very dark days is the criteria, let’s get Jose Baxter and John Bradford back.

loved him when he played for us , but we’ve moved on and he played for Brighton in the Championship I think and didn’t do much . So it’s a no from me unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom