Incoming? Jamie Murphy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think we've gone beyond the likes of Cole, Leonard etc now.

I love that approach personally, but now if we want to continue this promotion push we need to sign players for the here and now, to come in and make an instant impact not players we can steadily progress as the season goes on.

Murphy would be a super signing, along with a replacement for Coutts. Ryan Woods...

Quality player but he doesn't fit our system.
Unless Wilder was wanting to change our shape it'd pointless going after him.

He can play as a striker, Clough put him through the middle fairly often and his pace was quite handy in there. See your point though, he is more at home on the wing but I don't see him as a wing back.

Would be an excellent signing. If we could get him, a fast black striker and a solid white or Asian ball playing midfielder we'd be looking extremely strong for the second half of the season.

I'd like to see a hard working Chinese on minimum wage (or less) in the middle of the park.

Can't see this one for a number of reasons...some mentioned above...

after last night............Centre Mid is the one that's important.

The Coutts injury now changes everything.

Not quite sure where he would fit in - sure Brighton played 442 - we don't.

UTB

Murphy always had an excellant work rate, did his tracking back and bags of energy (even if final product was not always consistent). I think he could be a very interesting option at RWB, can play effectively as centre forward, number 10. if needed...and would give an option to change formation, when chasing the game (like last night), which we dont really have at the moment. Would definately strengthen the squad. Only thing being, that now, if we spend good money on a player...midfield would be priority...and also for Murphy himself, would not be guaranteed a starting position. Maybe a loan offer, would be better for all concerned.

I'm sorry, but I think this would be a bad move.

He seems to have retreated again, but the most insightful, intelligent and knowledgeable poster on here (I know he is these things, because he regularly berates the rest of us for falling far below his standards) says we need black players. I'm with SteveBlade
Would be an excellent signing. If we could get him, a fast black striker and a solid white or Asian ball playing midfielder we'd be looking extremely strong for the second half of the season.

I hope after the start we have had that the targets have changed, as said Leonard and Cole will now not strengthen we should be looking at player's who have been through the promotion mill from the championship but not getting games with the club's now in the premiership, the thing is there are a lot of British players in this category who have lost their places to "foreign mercenaries" will look at CW and think he is building around British player's "if I go there I will get a chance to prove people wrong if I help get the blades into the premiership "
Naki Wells not getting regular game time I think we can all add to a list
Different I know but still think Charlie Adams is worth a punt

Did anyone's nipper off go into spasm last nite when the stretcher appeared for the prone Fleck.

Centre midfield is 100% the most important part of the team to be strengthened in Jan.

“Jamie Murphy’s dad says a deal is in place to sign him in January”

Is what I was told last night at the game.

No idea whether or not it’s true.

He'd be a quality signing. We wouldn't have to change the system much to accommodate him. Go one up front with Murphy and Brooks either side of him.

Was told on Saturday that we were getting him on loan to the end of the season with an option to buy depending on finances in the summer.

Posted in the shoutbox.

We have to pay for it every year. We bought it via Brighthouse and the interest - although cheaper than McCabes - is why we sold Duffy last January and The Boy in 2018.

Crab Industries bought the debt. The Boy gets sold, or the pitch gets put in the back of the Discovery.

Heard from a number of sources, that we not only want him but that he wants to come.
Played as a winger he does not fit into our system but as a central striker he provides a pacy option

Back
Top Bottom