James Wilson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Have to trust Wilder's judgement on his character but he's likely deluding himself if he thinks his long term future is at Man Utd.
When even Rashford's only a bit-part player, can't see it.

I work for a company based in Manchester , and when I went to our head office the other week I was talking to all the manure fans ( I keep telling them all there's only one united ) and everyone of them rated this guy , they were surprised he had gone and they ALL said he was a very good striker stating " he will score for fun in the Championship " .

So, without wanting to jump the gun, does the loan last to the end of the play offs?

The lad knows his own ability so why not be confident in himself? He stated that he wasn't surprised he scored due to the way he's been playing recently for the u23's at Man U and he's also been looking very sharp in training with us. As a footballer and especially a striker, you Need to have that mentality because means your confident and in a good place.

Get off his arse just because he's on loan ffs.

The lad knows his own ability so why not be confident in himself? He stated that he wasn't surprised he scored due to the way he's been playing recently for the u23's at Man U and he's also been looking very sharp in training with us. As a footballer and especially a striker, you Need to have that mentality because means your confident and in a good place.

The stick he got for daring to obey the manager’s instruction to come on ahead of Sharp was utterly ridiculous.

He scored a very smart goal and fitted in really well with the team effort at Norwich. Well done Willo.

The stick he got for daring to obey the manager’s instruction to come on ahead of Sharp was utterly ridiculous.

He scored a very smart goal and fitted in really well with the team effort at Norwich. Well done Willo.
Thought he fit in very well and linked up with play absolutely fine. OK he looked tired after about 65 mins or so, but that's understandable.

A good acquisition for us.

Was interested with this. An really unusual admission, for a footballer, of shyness: "“I’m quite shy as a person but, if I get comfortable, I start coming out of my shell,” he adds. “As a player, I’m much more confident. I can play off the shoulder and I think I’m a good finisher.”

On what's been seen so far, really like the look of his movement, & his self-confidence (on the pitch!).

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...-to-blades-manchester-united-loanee-1-8965964

People have whinged about him talking about Man U and his ambitions of making their first team. I'm sorry, but, if the lad does well enough in a Blades shirt to the point that he's back in the picture at Man U, that can only mean he's done very very well indeed for us.
You only have to watch his performance against Norwich and you see he possesses that quality we've been crying out for. Wilder clearly rates him and trusts him to play his natural game by dropping deep. He adds another dimension to our play and this solves our recent problems regarding creativity.
Have to trust Wilder's judgement on his character but he's likely deluding himself if he thinks his long term future is at Man Utd.
When even Rashford's only a bit-part player, can't see it.
Bet Harry Kane suffered the same level of delusion before his Tottenham career took off.

People have whinged about him talking about Man U and his ambitions of making their first team. I'm sorry, but, if the lad does well enough in a Blades shirt to the point that he's back in the picture at Man U, that can only mean he's done very very well indeed for us.
You only have to watch his performance against Norwich and you see he possesses that quality we've been crying out for. Wilder clearly rates him and trusts him to play his natural game by dropping deep. He adds another dimension to our play and this solves our recent problems regarding creativity.

Bet Harry Kane suffered the same level of delusion before his Tottenham career took off.

Look forward to seeing him play on Saturday to see if we've got a challenger to Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku and Rashford on our hands.
Based on his performance against the porkers, very much doubt it but happy to be proven wrong and to find out we played a part in the development of the next Harry Kane.

If JW fires us to the Premier, we might just be able to afford him if and when he doesnt quite make it at Man U. If we can’t he’ll still get a big thank you.

All very speculative, of course.

❤️⚔️

Ignore the Pig,he is just jealous we have somebody who can score a league goal,something his team hasn't managed since Boxing Day.

Look forward to seeing him play on Saturday to see if we've got a challenger to Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku and Rashford on our hands.
Based on his performance against the porkers, very much doubt it but happy to be proven wrong and to find out we played a part in the development of the next Harry Kane.

One performance as sub when you’ve not played grown up football for months is hardly material upon which to base anything, is it?

I have a view of Billy Sharp based on recent performances. Is it a fair and balanced one?

Agree, we really need someone more like Jordan Rhodes

20 mins in a team he'd never played with before in a system not renowned for a striker dropping deep to receive (especially since the absence of Coutts) in a high pressure game where cool heads and tactics went out of the window.

Poor kid kept pointing to where he wanted the ball for a turn or run and it just got passed out wide every time. Unusually for me, I'll give him three games before I pass judgment.

I said this in the rumour thread but I will repeat it here. I first saw the lad as a teenager out here in an indoor competition. They have them out here during the winter break. He was outstanding. The guy can dribble. I will go out on a limb here and say he is not far from the Hazards of this world. I'm not sure he will be given the freedom to go it solo with us. Had he not had injuries he would be plying his trade in Stretford. I really believe he is that good. Of course I might be wrong. The only thing I can't comment on, is his mental attitude. If anyone can sort that side, if he has a problem, is Wilder. On another point, it shows how high SUFC, Wilder and Co are regarded for a top quality player like him, to be allowed to come here. As coaches used to say, when I was a yooooot, the lad is a different gravy.

One performance as sub when you’ve not played grown up football for months is hardly material upon which to base anything, is it?

I have a view of Billy Sharp based on recent performances. Is it a fair and balanced one?

I've no idea what your view of Billy Sharp is on recent performances.
My comment was about whether Wilson has a future at Man U and based on the players they've got there (and the kind of manager) I can't see it.
Hopefully he's a useful addition for us (I admit I'm still grumpy about his being brought on against the porkers which was a mistake) but he'd have to be one of the best strikers in Europe to have a future at Man U, which I doubt.

I've no idea what your view of Billy Sharp is on recent performances.
My comment was about whether Wilson has a future at Man U and based on the players they've got there (and the kind of manager) I can't see it.
Hopefully he's a useful addition for us (I admit I'm still grumpy about his being brought on against the porkers which was a mistake) but he'd have to be one of the best strikers in Europe to have a future at Man U, which I doubt.

You said your view was based on his performance against the Pigs. A late appearance as sub when he hardly knows his team-mates and hasn’t had a proper game for months.

Was it a mistake to start him at Norwich? It would have been if he hadn’t scored wouldn’t it? Sadly he’s deprived you of that one.

You said your view was based on his performance against the Pigs. A late appearance as sub when he hardly knows his team-mates and hasn’t had a proper game for months.

Was it a mistake to start him at Norwich? It would have been if he hadn’t scored wouldn’t it? Sadly he’s deprived you of that one.

My view is based on seeing him play for Brighton, for us and mostly the quality at Man U.
I'll be happy to be proven wrong and he becomes a Man U regular on the back of his performances at the Lane but that looks pretty unlikely to me.

My view is based on seeing him play for Brighton, for us and mostly the quality at Man U.
I'll be happy to be proven wrong and he becomes a Man U regular on the back of his performances at the Lane but that looks pretty unlikely to me.

I don’t expect him to become a Man U regular. I’m delighted he played well and scored a vital goal for us at Carrow Road. I came to no conclusions whatsoever based on a brief cameo as sub against the Pigs. No reasonable person would.

Well put. Who cares if he’s Billy big bollox, has confidence bordering on a touch of arrogance, aspires to play for Man Utd. He’s playing for us and hopefully will be a great success, goalden boots an‘all

I don’t expect him to become a Man U regular. I’m delighted he played well and scored a vital goal for us at Carrow Road. I came to no conclusions whatsoever based on a brief cameo as sub against the Pigs. No reasonable person would.

Agree with all that. Hope he scores more than his previous loan spells at this level and helps us into the play-offs.

He is behind Rashford Lukaku Sanchez & The Big Swede ..if we get promoted 1 million would secure his services .He will jump at the chance to prove himself

He is behind Rashford Lukaku Sanchez & The Big Swede ..if we get promoted 1 million would secure his services .He will jump at the chance to prove himself
There is no way on earth we'd get him for 1m.

3 years ago....he was the main man up top...when Rooney was there. He scored a few times, but then got injured as per usual in his short career so far.

Anyhow, 1m.....There's no way 5m would get him. Feck me, Nathan Ake cost Bournemouth 18m, Patrick Roberts cost 12m and Wilson is thought of much more than he is.

20 mins in a team he'd never played with before in a system not renowned for a striker dropping deep to receive (especially since the absence of Coutts) in a high pressure game where cool heads and tactics went out of the window.

Poor kid kept pointing to where he wanted the ball for a turn or run and it just got passed out wide every time. Unusually for me, I'll give him three games before I pass judgment.
I was screaming for someone to just give him the ball in that game. When he finally got it he turned and ran towards goal resulting in him getting a shot off. Might not have come off but it was a showing of what he can bring to the table.

What about his performances for Man U?

Back
Top Bottom