James Hanson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

INTERUNITED

Reaction score
Basham man of the match for me, but how good was Hanson today!!! He never stopped running and never gave both centre backs a minute. In fact I though Beevers was going to pull a white flag out of his socks and start waving it near the end. What a top top signing this lad is. He opitamises Chris Wilders attitude to the game!!!

And to think some of you mugs questioned Wikder's judgement...not me, though..honest...

Seem to recall reading that he's not a striker who scores game winning goals but he's a match winner nonetheless. Looks like a cracking signing so far.

Absolutely spot on that - Hanson has given us a totally different dimension and I have been very surprised at how much running he does. Hope he can stay fit for the remainder of the season.

Notice how Bolton bullied us for the third time this season? How the ball didn't stick because their big men just kept repelling things and smashing about our strikeforce?

No... Neither did I.

Well played Big Hans.

They were playing against Leon fucking Clarke to be fair! I'd give Bolton's defence a tougher time!

I'm gonna get slaughtered for this.

How many needless fouls ?

How many times did he win headers that went straight to a blue shirt ?

Don't get me wrong, he does give the side something different, and as has been said, his work and team ethic is tremendous.

I don't want him out of the side but I am beginning to think he is more of an off the bench plan B type player.

Is a percentage player. The hope being if he can be somewhat (10-20%) effective, that's good enough.

For a team that has destroyed its nearest rivals over consecutive Saturdays with neat passing progressive football, I would much rather we had pushed the boat out for Gregory, who WAS the number one target rather than go for a big un.

He is by no means the worst target man we have had but he is not brilliant either.

Did win the majority of his headers today though so I guess most will be happy with that.

UTB

Hanson wins those headers you think are unwinnable. AND, he flicks the ball onto players at that.

With James Hanson you get exactly what it says on the tin.

I'm going to be in the minority with all the euphoria of today, but I'll say it anyway! I don't rate Hanson at all, I'd say 5 or 6 out of 10 for Scunny and today.

He's falling into the category of United fans loving a battler for me.

Give me a skilful, pacey striker over a player like Hanson any day. We all saw how much Samar tore their defence apart when he came on, a big slow striker plays into the hands of defenders like Wheater.

Don't get me wrong, he does give the side something different, and as has been said, his work and team ethic is tremendous.

I don't want him out of the side but I am beginning to think he is more of an off the bench plan B type player.

Is a percentage player. The hope being if he can be somewhat (10-20%) effective, that's good enough.

For a team that has destroyed its nearest rivals over consecutive Saturdays with neat passing progressive football, I would much rather we had pushed the boat out for Gregory, who WAS the number one target rather than go for a big un.

He is by no means the worst target man we have had but he is not brilliant either.

Did win the majority of his headers today though so I guess most will be happy with that.

UTB

Get in! I'm not the only one in for some abuse! :)

Like you say can't fault his work rate, but I just see him as a taller, slower Done to be honest.

He seems to get clapped when he wins a flick on, but like with most flick ons they end up going to the defence. That's just giving away possession cheaply in my opinion.

UTB

Who played up front for those two consecutive matches?

Do you think his style of play may offer opportunities to other players?

Four points from second and third in the league.

I remember my work mate Millwall fan who assured me when it was being punted that we were about to sign him that they were about to nick him from under our noses. He was gutted that they didn't, I admit I wasn't too fussed at the time, glad how it's turned out though.

Back
Top Bottom