Jamals fuck up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"Bet people are happy to see that error" - yeah, me.

I haven't wanted to say it because I knew It wouldn't have gone down well among the forum when everyone's high on the Jose Baxter powder but now I feel I can. Coming from a goalkeeper who has played professionally, I don't like him, he's uncommanding, sketch and indecisive - and so it Cater-Vickers. Now they're young players so that's to be half expected however, we 100% do not concede that goal with Moore and Wright.
So you're a Blade but you're happy to see a Blades player make a mistake that leads to us conceding a goal?

Jamal's error 100%. Hope the lad is okay. Moore now may have a chance to claim the shirt, that's football

So there was absolutely no danger, he came out to catch the ball and seemed to jump a.lot higher than he needed to and somersault over CCV s back, his elbow hit the floor and dislodged the ball and their striker rolled it in.

Looked like a broken collar bone or neck injury so cd be out a while. Baldock went off injured later on so hope hes ok otherwise we are short there with Freemans injury

N
"Bet people are happy to see that error" - yeah, me.

I haven't wanted to say it because I knew It wouldn't have gone down well among the forum when everyone's high on the Jose Baxter powder but now I feel I can. Coming from a goalkeeper who has played professionally, I don't like him, he's uncommanding, sketch and indecisive - and so it Cater-Vickers. Now they're young players so that's to be half expected however, we 100% do not concede that goal with Moore and Wright.

No
But we would have conceded 5 that we haven’t.
110%

Not his fault in the slightest and has been very good for us this season. Can't believe some people's reactions.

He is the best we have had at commanding his area in the past 10 years, and I can't think of any goals where I would severely question his actions.

People moaning about his kicking - Moore's was atrocious tonight and there was at least 1 cross that we bundled out for a corner that Jamal would have claimed. Maybe a couple more.

Jamal's error 100%. Hope the lad is okay. Moore now may have a chance to claim the shirt, that's football

don't agree jamal has eyes on the ball, ccv on the other hand turns away, if he had kept his eyes on the ball he could have avoided the collision

Strange how opinions are so polarised on this. I thought it was a clear error - he went too high then lost the ball - and generally I think he cuts things too fine. He's a better ball claimer than Moore due to his reach but I feel Moore is less shaky and looked good tonight. As has been said before, both are excellent keepers - a luxury

It's a game of mistakes.

If we count misplaced or intercepted passes, less than perfect first touches, tackles that inadvertently give the ball back to the oppo, headers that go straight up or don't find the intended man, flicks that find no-one, corners or crosses that rip across the box into touch, shots that are saved or miss the target, players straying into offside positions, runs that lead to nothing, and god knows how many other different errors .............. then most outfield players could be said to make, what, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 "fuck ups" a game ?

A young keeper collides with a defender, after a near-exemplary run of performances in a defence that has conceded fewer goals than all bar one team in the division, and a load of posters say "he's shit and we knew it all along".

Sigh.

It's a game of mistakes.

If we count misplaced or intercepted passes, less than perfect first touches, tackles that inadvertently give the ball back to the oppo, headers that go straight up or don't find the intended man, flicks that find no-one, corners or crosses that rip across the box into touch, shots that are saved or miss the target, players straying into offside positions, runs that lead to nothing, and god knows how many other different errors .............. then most outfield players could be said to make, what, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 "fuck ups" a game ?

A young keeper collides with a defender, after a near-exemplary run of performances in a defence that has conceded fewer goals than all bar one team in the division, and a load of posters say "he's shit and we knew it all along".

Sigh.
Don't think anyone is saying he is shit. But as a goalkeeper, you have less touches of the ball. Every touch must be a good one, more than an outfield player, as a misplaced touch is far more likely to cost us a goal than eg someone straying offside or misplacing a pass. Goalkeeping is a special job. Blackman is an excellent keeper but I've watched it a few times now and that's still a howler in my book. If he is fit for Hull I expect Wilder to stick with him though

Bit of a freak goal,

Blackman normally just plucks them ( and others) out of the air...tbh, I wasn’t as confident in Moore when he came on and they whipped a few decent crosses/corners in.

Before deciding this was a howler, we need to establish what Jamal could have done differently. He had to come for this ball, and he makes a clean catch. Punching the ball would have been risky. Is the collision an accident or avoidable? The only criticism that could be made is whether there was communication between him and CCV, and I don't think any of us can know that. It is difficult to see it as other than unlucky. And the lad also has an injury to deal with - we should wish hIm well.

Strange how opinions are so polarised on this. I thought it was a clear error - he went too high then lost the ball - and generally I think he cuts things too fine. He's a better ball claimer than Moore due to his reach but I feel Moore is less shaky and looked good tonight. As has been said before, both are excellent keepers - a luxury
When did he lose the ball Dkc?
Did it slip out of his fingers while he was trying to catch it?
Or after he crashed down on CCV and then head-butted the floor?

I’ve looked at a few replays a fair few times now and close up replays. It does look like an error on Blackmans part. I say this because after dropping the ball he got back up very quickly but when he saw where the ball was and about to be put into the wide open and undefended net he slumped back to the ground. I sincerely hope he is not seriously injured but it looks like he got it wrong and seeing the result of his error he went back down

I’ve looked at a few replays a fair few times now and close up replays. It does look like an error on Blackmans part. I say this because after dropping the ball he got back up very quickly but when he saw where the ball was and about to be put into the wide open and undefended net he slumped back to the ground. I sincerely hope he is not seriously injured but it looks like he got it wrong and seeing the result of his error he went back down
That is quite an assertion. He then lay on the floor for several minutes, went off on a stretcher, and is now trying to hoodwink the medics? More likely he began to try to get up, and the pain kicked in with at movement.

That is quite an assertion. He then lay on the floor for several minutes, went off on a stretcher, and is now trying to hoodwink the medics? More likely he began to try to get up, and the pain kicked in with at movement.
I can only hope you are right

I too have had a good look at the video at various speeds and as the cavalcade passes before his head jolts back there is a definite puff of smoke from the grassy knoll.

5288856b18372.image.jpg

What precisely was the error? I will give you:-
(a) He possibly didn't call
(b) He didn't take his own man out.

I will not allow you:-
(a) He dropped the ball - he didn't he took it to the ground with both hands on it but 14 stone of a big bloke landing awkwardly on it bounced it out and
(b) He's was feigning injury due to embarrassment.

If he didn't call, his fuck up. If he did, then what the fuck was CCV doing almost making a back for him?

Forget the blame game/Itold you so, the lad could be badly injured and I hope he recovers quickly.

We have Hull at home on Saturday and they are joint division leading scorers.

The true test of how good this squad/manager/supporters are will come after we have to deal with a series of setbacks.

The test commeth...

Before deciding this was a howler, we need to establish what Jamal could have done differently. He had to come for this ball, and he makes a clean catch. Punching the ball would have been risky. Is the collision an accident or avoidable? The only criticism that could be made is whether there was communication between him and CCV, and I don't think any of us can know that. It is difficult to see it as other than unlucky. And the lad also has an injury to deal with - we should wish hIm well.
Punching the ball may have been risky but clattering into his own defender and dropping it was more risky.

Having said that I hope he's ok.

These blips will happen in a season and we've just got to get up and get on with it

Reactions: Dkc
don't agree jamal has eyes on the ball, ccv on the other hand turns away, if he had kept his eyes on the ball he could have avoided the collision

Can attribute mistake to Blackman or blame luck, fair enough, but not sure what else CCV could do there having watched it back again.

its a split second and the way the ball laqnds at the strikers feet he instinctively slots it in but had that been in the prem, against man utd, it wouldnt have been a goal. they were a bunch of absolute swear words for the next 95 minutes. pathetic. i used to like holloway but he is the epitome of a pub team manager. QPR are now on my hate list.

Serious? He tried to get up then couldnt due to smashing his head on the floor..seriously some people...

I wasn't at the game tonight and haven't seen any replays of the VERY LUCKY GOAL!(holloways words after the game). So FFS can some people just lay off Blackman!!. He's been a very good goalie up to now!! He may or may not have made an error tonight!. The fact is that he left the field on a stretcher. Let's just hope it's not serious and he's fit for Saturday!. In summary- 1 or 2 errors in 15 games is a bloody good ratio in my book. Utb in wilder we trust.

Back
Top Bottom