Player Suggestion Jamal Lewis and Max Aarons

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeTillIDie

Reaction score
In the summer to buy i think these two would be great competition for our superb full backs in the future. With Norwich going down I'd go for both, even offer them back on loan to further develop them playing every game...
Young with plenty of time to improve, good going forward, very quick and already play as wing backs in their game.

Wouldn't know a price as im guessing alot of big clubs are sniffing but think we'd be a great step up for them in their careers.

I may be wrong but i'm sure i've seen reports that one the "big 6" will be after Aarons in the summer and Norwich value him at close to £50 million.

It'll be interesting to see how Norwich play the transfer market in the summer. By all accounts they had a 3/5 year plan to get their finances under control following their previous relegation from The Prem and actually achieved promotion ahead of schedule hence why they didn't spend much last summer as they didn't want to end up in the same position so soon.

Due to being extremely frugal this season they won't be under any pressure to sell anyone they don't want to so will more than likely ask for top dollar for any of their top players. Rumours the bidding for Cantwell will start north of £30 million and I'm don't even think he's that good.

Would love Buendia at The Lane but not sure exactly where he'd fit in our formation and again would cost a fortune if they don't want to sell.

If there's any sniff of Hendo being available on a perm then I could see the vast majority of the budget going on him so could see us going down the cheaper foreign route.

No I don’t see why we should spend that much money on bench players.

Both look like they're available this summer.

I think they're both upgrades on the Derby lads. If we get a buyer and some money in, I'd be looking at both. Baldock is 30 as well, so I presume he'll not be playing every game.

Both look like they're available this summer.

I think they're both upgrades on the Derby lads. If we get a buyer and some money in, I'd be looking at both. Baldock is 30 as well, so I presume he'll not be playing every game.

Are they on frees?

The takeover won't complete in time for there to be an impact on this transfer window.

Given the importance of upgrading LWB, a reasonable transfer fee spent on Lewis may be a decent investment. I think he would be available for 5-8m. He's a good age and could be our LWB (a problem position for us), for the next 5 years.

I think LWB is an area we can afford a permanent signing who is good enough at this level. I don't think we've got the budget to buy Strikers/Attacking midfielders at PL level, so that is where we should plan for loans.

Given the importance of upgrading LWB, a reasonable transfer fee spent on Lewis may be a decent investment. I think he would be available for 5-8m. He's a good age and could be our LWB (a problem position for us), for the next 5 years.

I think LWB is an area we can afford a permanent signing who is good enough at this level. I don't think we've got the budget to buy Strikers/Attacking midfielders at PL level, so that is where we should plan for loans.
I think RND should be our LCB. He had a really good spell there and I'm not convinced on his attacking play as a wingback. If we could bring in Lewis for £5 million then you have both positions sorted.

I think RND should be our LCB. He had a really good spell there and I'm not convinced on his attacking play as a wingback. If we could bring in Lewis for £5 million then you have both positions sorted.
Anything we get from RND next season is a bonus as far as I am concerned. I'm 100% against us relying on a player coming off a long term injury going into a PL season.

Anything we get from RND next season is a bonus as far as I am concerned. I'm 100% against us relying on a player coming off a long term injury going into a PL season.
I don't think we'll have a choice but if his does play at LCB it's much less likely to put pressure on his hamstring than wingback.

Agree that it could be a good idea to spend a decent fee on LWB

Remember how much of a factor Enda was in how well we did last time. Well, now we have nothing of the sort

Perraud would be my choice

Doig would be a good investment but maybe not quite ready to be a PL regular

The takeover won't complete in time for there to be an impact on this transfer window.
The only impact it could have (in my view) is convincing players like Ndiaye and Berge to sign new deals and stay… if the takeover happens and it looks like a high investment takeover that may convince them that they have bright futures here (even if it’s too late to properly invest until Jan) instead of a definite relegation scrap followed by tier 2 football again.

Don’t know how hard or easy it would be to get him but I like the idea of Kolasinac. End of contract at Marseilles, played in the PL before, left footed, could also play LWB or LCB and is an international colleague of Ahmedhodzic.

Don’t know how hard or easy it would be to get him but I like the idea of Kolasinac. End of contract at Marseilles, played in the PL before, left footed, could also play LWB or LCB and is an international colleague of Ahmedhodzic.
Totally mental as well - we could do with a nutter in the side that opposition players are scared of and hate playing against.

We absolutely need a LCB, not a LWB. If we don't plug that gap then every single team will look at the lack of pace in the Egan/whoever channel and exploit the hell out of it. "Upgrading" LWB won't do a thing to stop it

I don't think we'll have a choice but if his does play at LCB it's much less likely to put pressure on his hamstring than wingback.
yes would agree with you there robbie i liked rnd when he was flying down the left at pace but its a good point youve made regarding his injury and although robinson had a good second half of the season i think rnd just has that bit of extra quality plus doubt our centre backs will be in the oppositions half next season good shout 👍

Robinson's commitment to the cause is unquestionable. But in the PL he'd be a bit of a bomb scare. Error prone, not good on the ball (unless all you're after is a hoof into the channel), lacks pace and is prone to making challenges that are red cards in the PL. Maybe an acceptable back-up LCB, but not a starter.

Which ones the diving twat that's still at Norwich?
He can fuck right off.

More like which is the one that can't defend to save his life. Aarons.

Norwich have sold all their good players that got them to the Premier League when we last got promoted.

yes would agree with you there robbie i liked rnd when he was flying down the left at pace but its a good point youve made regarding his injury and although robinson had a good second half of the season i think rnd just has that bit of extra quality plus doubt our centre backs will be in the oppositions half next season good shout 👍
And the benefit of RND at CB is pace. Both him and Anel have some, so can cover behind Egan.

And the benefit of RND at CB is pace. Both him and Anel have some, so can cover behind Egan.
yeah good point maybe thats heckys plan and could explain all the rumours flying about concerning a new lwb if lowe stays he can only be back up same as bogle is for baldock on the right rumours about jamal lewis are interesting and think he would be a better option than giles or manning

yeah good point maybe thats heckys plan and could explain all the rumours flying about concerning a new lwb if lowe stays he can only be back up same as bogle is for baldock on the right rumours about jamal lewis are interesting and think he would be a better option than giles or manning
Oh, given our likely budget before any takeover, I'd go Manning.

Whilst I probably agree, there are still over three months before the window closes.
IF there is already a buyer then it could be done in August , but it’s a long shot

Back
Top Bottom