Jake Wright...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To the tune of the John Fleck (cost us fucking zero) song

Jakey wright, tough as boots, just dose not get beaten, he's the mountain behind coutts that took over from Ethan

All this season, never lost, that is some statistic, far too good for this league one, it's no wonder we pissed it!

Despite it being the Stir, loved reading that. Particularly liked him knowing his limitations regarding the formation suiting him and not trying to be a 9 out of 10, knowing his place and value to the team.
I still think he may have a part to play next season, particularly if we stick to the same formation.

What a lovely heartwarming piece. Quality quotes from a damn good defender. Long may it continue Jake.

Love Jake's sincerity. It says volumes for his approach to being a professional player, no illusions about his ability, just a humble, intelligent guy who is relishing playing for United. He clearly loves it here, and I bet his enthusiasm spreads throughout the team, certainly JOC, EEL, or Basham will all respond to his no-frills approach.

One of the better pieces to have appeared in The Star.

If we get a penalty and are 3 or 4 up.. Should Jake take it?

If we get a penalty and are 3 or 4 up.. Should Jake take it?
According to today's Star (now the newspaper of choice for Blades ;)), he says he won't take a penalty, and the only way he'll score is if the ball hits him and goes in. Top bloke.

Solid backup. Good news.

One of the better pieces to have appeared in The Star.

Pity they can't filter out the comments from pig fans:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha how can any player for the tiny tin pots be interested in money when it's the cheapest club in the league to get into yet you still can't get a decent gate and pay the players peanuts? Comedy at it's best.

'Can't get a decent gate'? Would the pigs have averaged almost 22k after six season in Division 3? The last couple of times they got promoted from the 'tin pot league', they kicked their way out.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha how can any player for the tiny tin pots be interested in money when it's the cheapest club in the league to get into yet you still can't get a decent gate and pay the players peanuts? Comedy at it's best.

'Can't get a decent gate'? Would the pigs have averaged almost 22k after six season in Division 3? The last couple of times they got promoted from the 'tin pot league', they kicked their way out.

Does it really matter graf? If someone pushes a button and gets a response then they've achieved their aims.

Best to ignore the infantile need for attention. In some people's minds, and I include Blades as well as Wendy in this, it's as if the rivalry between both clubs is more important than anything else.

Just let the tool who wrote this gloat until the cows come home, personally I've no reason to attach any importance to this.

This infantile waste of oxygen always posts comments like this on all Blades articles in The Star. This person thinks they are hilarious but the truth is that they are not even funny, even other Wendy posters have got no time for them. They keep having to change their username because they keep getting banned but basically it's usually along the lines of :-

"Ha ha ha ha let's all laugh at the blunts"
"Comedy club (comedy at it's best)"

I used to try to take the mick but they are too thick to get it, imagine that scene from Blackadder :-

"Baldrick, do you know what irony is?"
"Yeah, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made of iron".

I assume it's a one year extension until 2019?

First choice for me ,build round him ,he can teach and organise so well.

Couldn't agree more.

I find it hard to believe, after his performances last season, how many on here appear to have written him off

The main reasons given are " he's too old " ( 3 years younger than Jags who many seem to want back ) or " he's not had any experience at Championship level." So what - there are many examples of players who came with their clubs from League 1 to the Premiership, let alone 'La Liga'

If all he's got to worry about next season are the likes of Forest Fairy and Bottler Rhodes I believe he'll be just fine.

UTB

Couldn't agree more.

I find it hard to believe, after his performances last season, how many on here appear to have written him off

The main reasons given are " he's too old " ( 3 years younger than Jags who many seem to want back ) or " he's not had any experience at Championship level." So what - there are many examples of players who came with their clubs from League 1 to the Premiership, let alone 'La Liga'

If all he's got to worry about next season are the likes of Forest Fairy and Bottler Rhodes I believe he'll be just fine.

UTB
It's not all he has to worry about though. There are better players in the championship than that pair of tits.

I think the big difference between him and Jags is that Jags has played in the PL for ten years and captained England.

Great to see him rewarded for last seasons performances. Won't be on a kings ransom either.

I think he's one of those guys who will look better the higher he goes. He reads the game and organises so well.

To a point...

I agree he had a great season with some superb reading of the game and always making the right choice when called upon. Sadly I think his lack of pace may mean he has to be used sparingly.

To a point...

I agree he had a great season with some superb reading of the game and always making the right choice when called upon. Sadly I think his lack of pace may mean he has to be used sparingly.
Is that the same lack of pace that was going to hamper young "leadboots" PL chances?

Back
Top Bottom