Jagielka - I know i’m biased but

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SuperJags

Reaction score
Fantastic to see Superjags back in the red and white stripes today. As well as we played (and we played as well as I have seen us) I thought he added a little nous and composure to our defence at a time in the match where we have historically struggled. His experience is invaluable and his bringing back into The Blades fold means that his experience can be used on and off the pitch to see games out more comfortably than we are used to

They put all their big lads on and those at the back matched them well

Midfield kept the crosses to a minmum and they could only knock hopeful lobs from deep.

He made a great interception and obviously calmed the defence down for the last 10 mins. It's a luxury to have but those appearances, dressing room know-how plus likely cover if Joc or Egan are out makes him a great signing.
He's great playing away from home aswell apparently :D

Was about to say the same. I can see that being something that’s repeated if we’re holding onto a lead late on.

Yes, adds experience to the backline, as well as tenacity and work rate to the midfield when Bash goes up there. A bit more aerial strength as well.

Did I imagine it or was Jags not nutmegged at one point? UTB
He completely sold himself and I thought their player was through, but then up stepped

Image result for cooperman russ abbot

Don't underestimate his influence with the officials either; if we’re under the cosh and panicking a bit, tackles flying about, he’s a well liked, affable guy and a player all the refs will know and respect, unlike most of our squad (at least for now). A quiet word, a smile and a bit of brown nosing from Jags might come in very handy when hoping to avoid cards and decisions against us.

Hmmmm I swore I sore 2 banks of 4 on a couple of occasions. But I'm not Bergen

A lot of the time what we do is have the wing back press early, higher up the pitch, and the remaining defenders shift to make a back four. So sometimes it is a back four. Total football and all that.

Back
Top Bottom