Player Suggestion Jack Wilshere

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If, If, If. He hasn’t been fit enough to play regularly at any point in his career. What makes you think he’ll be fit enough now?
So whats the alternative ? Carry on playing Lundstram at LCM ??

When whilshere is a ready made player to slot into that position "If Fit"

Tell me when it was that you last saw him have a good game?

Edit: I’ll ask you the same question Toronto Blade fan

Theres a reason hes a free agent thats because he is injury prone and it has been a few years since he has been at his best

But could you suggest a better alternative , I cant ?

Fleck hasnt been fully fit since the restart which is what 4/5 months ?

If your looking for a Left footed centre midfielder then Wilshere is probably the best player available

Theres a reason hes a free agent thats because he is injury prone and it has been a few years since he has been at his best

But could you suggest a better alternative , I cant ?

Fleck hasnt been fully fit since the restart which is what 4/5 months ?

If your looking for a Left footed centre midfielder then Wilshere is probably the best player available

Can I suggest a better alternative to someone who would never be fit enough to play? That shouldn’t be difficult.

You can’t tell me when it was that Wilshere last had a good game and yet you have him down as the key to all of our problems.

Fleck hasn’t been fit for the last 5 months? I’m not sure where you get that notion from.

Can I suggest a better alternative to someone who would never be fit enough to play? That shouldn’t be difficult.

You can’t tell me when it was that Wilshere last had a good game and yet you have him down as the key to all of our problems.

Fleck hasn’t been fit for the last 5 months? I’m not sure where you get that notion from.

So your one of those that just slagsss every suggestion off then ?

Gu on then suggest someone then, you know whos a free agent can play LCM and is good enough

I'd take a punt on him. Obviously huge caveat, but Fitness/attitude aside exactly sort of player technically we need in our system.

Not sure how likely but give him a pay as you play contract. Doesnt play and low risk, does play and potentially a fantastic midfielder.

Could be a another Ravel/Rodwell type signing, but equally could be a Duffy/Fleck...

McGoldrick wasn't fully fit for a good four years before he signed for us to be fair. I get it's not on the same scale as Wilshere, but still.

I started to think this through. Let's say Fleck is out for 4-6 weeks. Given Wilshere's track record of injuries, and likely high (ish) salary demands, I think you'd have to have him training with us for a week or two first before you make up your mind. Check his fitness, how he fits in, what he's after contract-wise. So the first big "IF" comes with whether Wilshere would be up for that.

If we then do take him on a two-week trial and like him, we're then contemplating signing a player to play Fleck's role when Fleck could be back in a few weeks. As we already have cover in Osborn (and seemingly Lundstram), we'd be signing someone for a few weeks cover essentially.

I do think there's something to be said about what Osborn brings and what a player like Wilshere would bring. For a game against Fulham, with Fleck out, Wilshere would be the one to start (I'm writing off Lundstram at LCM as a needs must situation). For a game against Liverpool, it's obvious Osborn would start if Fleck was out and maybe even if Fleck was fit.

So the question is do we have the budget to spend probably £40k a week on a player who will mostly be back-up, and only come into consideration for about half of our games? I'd love the idea of being able to use Wilshere in games against Palace, Burnley, West Brom and the like, but I'm just not sure we can afford it.

The argument for it is that if we're not scoring goals against those clubs, we're going to be getting relegated. That'll be worth the money you spend on Wilshere. And Fleck pre-injury was already off the boil. Maybe he needs some more serious competition?

I actually think Wilder would be intimated by him as a big name player.

Not meant unkindly but there's a reason he doesn't go for someone of that stature (Welbeck, Sturridge etc)

Fleck's injured, Osborn's not good enough enough for 38games and Glumstram is not a LCM. Wilshere yes please.

He's slower than ever, he's never fit for long, West Ham weren't playing him for good reasons. I can't see how he makes sense at all in any scenario.

Desperate measures being demanded here from unecessarily desperate fans.

He has lost his way a bit another one dubbed a "wonder kid" when he started he has talent but is injury prone but sometimes some players just need to get the right motivation. I don't know if CW could work his magic wand over him, he tried with Ravel but he was like Castleton, beyond Hope.

I started to think this through. Let's say Fleck is out for 4-6 weeks. Given Wilshere's track record of injuries, and likely high (ish) salary demands, I think you'd have to have him training with us for a week or two first before you make up your mind. Check his fitness, how he fits in, what he's after contract-wise. So the first big "IF" comes with whether Wilshere would be up for that.

If we then do take him on a two-week trial and like him, we're then contemplating signing a player to play Fleck's role when Fleck could be back in a few weeks. As we already have cover in Osborn (and seemingly Lundstram), we'd be signing someone for a few weeks cover essentially.

I do think there's something to be said about what Osborn brings and what a player like Wilshere would bring. For a game against Fulham, with Fleck out, Wilshere would be the one to start (I'm writing off Lundstram at LCM as a needs must situation). For a game against Liverpool, it's obvious Osborn would start if Fleck was out and maybe even if Fleck was fit.

So the question is do we have the budget to spend probably £40k a week on a player who will mostly be back-up, and only come into consideration for about half of our games? I'd love the idea of being able to use Wilshere in games against Palace, Burnley, West Brom and the like, but I'm just not sure we can afford it.

The argument for it is that if we're not scoring goals against those clubs, we're going to be getting relegated. That'll be worth the money you spend on Wilshere. And Fleck pre-injury was already off the boil. Maybe he needs some more serious competition?
Good well thought out post... Not sure what it's doing on this forum 😉

The only thing I would add is that if Stevens moves to LCB, Osborne may be cover / competition at left midfield and LWB which leaves us a bit thin.

I'd sign Wilshere on a short term contract until January with an option to extend. Gives him time to prove his worth and if it doesn't work out we haven't thrown too much away.

On a side note, I feel for Luke Freeman - waited patiently for game time when Fleck was playing out of his skin, both got injured at the same time after lock down, moves out to Forest to play more and then Fleck gets injured and Osborne's form dips. He just can't catch a break with us.

I am surprised we didn't ask HammerInPeace for his opinion on Wilshere.

Actually he may have talked about him elsewhere.

I am surprised we didn't ask HammerInPeace for his opinion on Wilshere.

Actually he may have talked about him elsewhere.
Can't remember if I did, mate.
Difficult one with him. I mean he's still got some class about him & not 29 yet.
Signed a 3 year deal with us in 2018 but only played 16 PL games (no goals) & now left after 2 years.
Seemed to spend a lot of time out injured but claims that 'often he was fit but not picked to play', so who knows...

Can't remember if I did, mate.
Difficult one with him. I mean he's still got some class about him & not 29 yet.
Signed a 3 year deal with us in 2018 but only played 16 PL games (no goals) & now left after 2 years.
Seemed to spend a lot of time out injured but claims that 'often he was fit but not picked to play', so who knows...

Sounds like you never saw enough of him to properly judge.

Sounds like you never saw enough of him to properly judge.
Possibly.
Do I wish he was still with us? No, not really.
Are we missing him? No, not at all.
It's a real shame because he's got class. If he could stay fit, he'd possibly do you a turn but, don't expect many or even any goals from him.
I dunno, on his day he could sometimes be motm but that's going back a few years now.
Appeared to do well on loan at Bournemouth in 16/17 (before we signed him) but then got injured there.
Be interesting to know what Wilder thought of him.
If you need a fast, hard running, creative midfielder, he's probably not who you're looking for.

Love the suggestion that Wilder would be intimidated, or was it intimated. by a 'big name player'.

If anyone imagines that Wilder would be intimidated by anyone then I'd suggest their understanding of the man is completely adrift.

Perhaps trying to fit an imagined defect that explains why we don't sign certain players is more about the poster's fertile imagination.

Thankfully according to today’s gossip, Wilshere is favouring a move to the MLS. Thank fuck for that.

Back
Top Bottom