Player Suggestion Jack Wilshere

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No club will be in for any players we bought this season. (discussion for another thread)

I think Wilshere would have admirers from the league above if he continues this vein of fitness and form. A pity, we could have him.

“this vein of fitness and form”

He says, whilst completely ignoring the last game he played, against 2nd from bottom Sheffield Wednesday, in which his team lost and he was substituted at half time because he was woeful.

Most predictable thread bump of 2021 to date.

It’s a popular gif but it’s definitely an apt one here......

44B62B0A-94BD-4721-A873-A9D5179BD93B.gif

No club will be buying Wilshire from Bournemouth.

The players we have signed last summer will still under contract at the club so they still bring a fee if we sell them
maybe not.. However should he help Bournemouth get promoted to the premier league, I'm pretty sure his wages won't have been a waste.

“this vein of fitness and form”

He says, whilst completely ignoring the last game he played, against 2nd from bottom Sheffield Wednesday, in which his team lost and he was substituted at half time because he was woeful.

You're only as good as your last game ;)

Well I'd wager that an unfit Wilshere would be an improvement for our midfield.

Wilder would probably not want a big name player like that at the club I would guess.
He hasnt improved their midfield. Stayed on the bench throughout tonight's match. Since signing him, the direction for Bournemouth in the championship table is the

1614204816788.png

He hasnt improved their midfield. Stayed on the bench throughout tonight's match. Since signing him, the direction for Bournemouth in the championship table is the

View attachment 106402

And he only played in the game before because someone else was injured. I think when he has started he’s been subbed off every time as well. Out of the 8 games they’ve played since he’s been there they’ve won 2.

Maybe he isn’t the world beater we were led to believe?

And he only played in the game before because someone else was injured. I think when he has started he’s been subbed off every time as well. Out of the 8 games they’ve played since he’s been there they’ve won 2.

Maybe he isn’t the world beater we were led to believe?
He was amazing, and probably the first English player for years who looked like he could truly be world class and own a place in any team. His close control and ability to move the ball so late made him glide past players like no one I’ve seen since Gascoigne. His vision, quick thinking and the fact he had the technical ability to pull off what was going through that brain made him the sort of player anyone who loves the game would want to watch. Unfortunately it also saw him regularly caught by players who thought they had a chance of winning the ball and we’re beaten by skill and those injuries finished him at the highest level. We’ve seen he just isn’t able to stand up to the physical requirements and his absence from games over the years have depleted the abilities he had.
I’d love the player he was, but he ain't there anymore and hasn’t been for a long time. He’s an expensive dream we should never have considered. It only ever comes off on Football Manger.

Even if he scored a hattrick and Bournemouth won every game and he played every minute since he arrived, people like Silent Blade would still not admit that they were wrong about him.

Such is the way the world is on the internet at the moment.

For what it's worth we'll never know how he'd have done here, for what it's worth I doubt he would have played much worse than anyone else we have played this season and that he would have given us a bit of a psychological boost.

Even if he scored a hattrick and Bournemouth won every game and he played every minute since he arrived, people like Silent Blade would still not admit that they were wrong about him.

For what it's worth we'll never know how he'd have done here, for what it's worth I doubt he would have played much worse than anyone else we have played this season and that he would have given us a bit of a psychological boost.
You are just a play station manager says Chris
1614258660973.png

So are you willing to admit, based on his return at Bournemouth so far, that you were wrong about him?

So are you willing to admit, based on his return at Bournemouth so far, that you were wrong about him?

Nope. We don't know, it's too early to tell.

What I will ask do you think he would have performed worse than our current midfield?

What I will ask do you think he would have performed worse than our current midfield?

Hence the words ‘so far’.

I don’t think he’d have played so his performance wouldn’t have been better.

You accuse others of being unable to admit when they’re wrong and yet you seem fairly incapable of it yourself

Hence the words ‘so far’.

I don’t think he’d have played so his performance wouldn’t have been better.

You accuse others of being unable to admit when they’re wrong and yet you seem fairly incapable of it yourself

If Wilshere flops at Bournemouth more than happy to admit I was wrong. I have done so on here in the past on plenty of occasions.

If he succeeds will you and Silent Blade do the same?

If Wilshere flops at Bournemouth more than happy to admit I was wrong. I have done so on here in the past on plenty of occasions.

If he succeeds will you and Silent Blade do the same?

Why wouldn’t I? I don’t really care either way. His potential success at Bournemouth in no way proves that he would’ve been a good signing for us.

Why wouldn’t I? I don’t really care either way. His potential success at Bournemouth in no way proves that he would’ve been a good signing for us.

So that proves my original point, that Wilshere performing well for Bournemouth wouldn't be considered by the likes of you and Silent Blade that he would have been a good signing for us.

Yet him not being successful would prove that he would not have been a good signing for us by yours and Silent Blade 's logic?

So that proves my original point, that Wilshere performing well for Bournemouth wouldn't be considered by the likes of you and Silent Blade that he would have been a good signing for us.

Yet him not being successful would prove that he would not have been a good signing for us by yours and Silent Blade 's logic?

It would demonstrate that he could have been a good signing for us, it in no way proves that he would have been.

Failing to make the grade in the Championship is a good indicator that he would also have failed to make the grade at our level.

Being a success in the Championship in no way proves that he would have been a success at our level. I’m not sure why this concept is so difficult for you to grasp.

It would demonstrate that he could have been a good signing for us, it in no way proves that he would have been.

Failing to make the grade in the Championship is a good indicator that he would also have failed to make the grade at our level.

Being a success in the Championship in no way proves that he would have been a success at our level. I’m not sure why this concept is so difficult for you to grasp.

Many players failed to make the grade in the Championship and went on to do well in the PL.

He's managed a total of 300 minutes in the league since joining, and that's in a significantly lower quality league at that.
But, he'd be better than what we've had.

You ok hun? x

For what it's worth I bet if I was manager since the start of this season we would be on more than 11 points.

Fucking hell 😂😂😂😂😂
I'm sure the players would really respond really positively to your complete lack of experience and your "end of the world as we know it" approach.

View attachment 106402

I watched them play Forest a couple of weeks ago instead of watching the Leicester vs Liverpool as there was a fair bit of interest on the pitch. Brooks, Freeman etc.

Wilshere started and while he looked OK, was quite neat and tidy he didn't really effect the game in any meaningful way that you would expect someone of his quality to do at that level.

From what I saw unless he would've accepted in effect a pay as you play deal I'm not sure he would have been worth signing.

But they didn't

and Silent Blade isn't

For what it's worth even though he has clearly taken a dislike to me/what I say I have a considerable amount of respect for Silent Blade even though I know the feeling is not mutual.

C'est la vie, not everyone in the world gets on but we're all Blades :)

I felt Wilshere was worth pursuing as he was available on a free transfer and we needed something more in our midfield. If you're happy with our current midfield without him that is your opinion (plus others) and I respect that.

For what it's worth even though he has clearly taken a dislike to me/what I say I have a considerable amount of respect for Silent Blade even though I know the feeling is mutual.

I felt Wilshere was worth pursuing as he was available on a free transfer and we needed something more in our midfield. If you're happy with our current midfield without him that is your opinion (plus others) and I respect that.
Dont be paranoid!

For what it's worth even though he has clearly taken a dislike to me/what I say I have a considerable amount of respect for Silent Blade even though I know the feeling is not mutual.

Where did I say I was happy or otherwise with our midfield?

Where have I even mentioned Wilshire to say whether we need him or not?

I put words in my mouth not you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom