Player Suggestion Jack Wilshere

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score

What a player in his day and only 28. If he could get anything like to where he was he'd be a cracking creative player for us.

West Ham don't want him, and with only a year left on his contract the fee shouldn't be an issue. Wages and fitness will, if he takes a cut and WHU pay some of it off and if he's good to pass a medical then could really add something to our midfield.

Like James Wallace, supposedly an incredible player, head and shoulders better than those around him, the best player on the pitch at full fitness.

never gets fit

Good to see Brewster off the top for a bit.

Can't see this one gappening

Oh dear. I can see the benefits Sturridge could potentially bring even though he'd be a risk but I'm struggling to do likewise for Wilshire. As talented a player as he is, I'm afraid he's just not physically able to cope with the demands of playing top level football.

As for getting him on a PayP deal - why on earth would he agree to that when he's sat on a £100k+/week deal at WHU?

Guy has glass ankles, without injuries he could of been up there with the best.

He was in our hotel in Ibiza 8 years ago wearing a protective boot on his ankle, it seems he’s never recovered from injuries since then.

This is getting silly now

If we can get him on a pay as you play deal along with Sturridge and Brewster that would be a great bit of business

Oh come on you are just making daft statements now to be contrary aren't you? Jack Wilshere has all the talent you could wish for, but sadly he is made from peanut brittle. Mind you, on a pay as you play he wouldn't cost us a penny, because he wouldn't play a single minute.

Oh come on you are just making daft statements now to be contrary aren't you? Jack Wilshere has all the talent you could wish for, but sadly he is made from peanut brittle. Mind you, on a pay as you play he wouldn't cost us a penny, because he wouldn't play a single minute.

That is why I said pay as you play deal not a proper contract he is a quality player and if we manged a miracle and say we got 10 games out of him and he made a difference with assists and goals he would be well worth it.

If we can sign Ravel Morrison we can give anyone a go surely.

That is why I said pay as you play deal not a proper contract he is a quality player and if we manged a miracle and say we got 10 games out of him and he made a difference with assists and goals he would be well worth it.

If we can sign Ravel Morrison we can give anyone a go surely.

I agree he has great qualities but he is never fit. Another problem is that we don't have another player similar to him so the team would have to be shuffled around to get him in, & changing the whole structure for a player we would be unlikely to get more than 1 or 2 games in a row, so when he is inevitably injured we have to revert back to the old system. Not ideal to say the least, & we all know CWAK are quite rigid with regards to our team structure.
I am all for thinking outside the box but for me this is a non starter.

What a player in his day and only 28. If he could get anything like to where he was he'd be a cracking creative player for us.

West Ham don't want him, and with only a year left on his contract the fee shouldn't be an issue. Wages and fitness will, if he takes a cut and WHU pay some of it off and if he's good to pass a medical then could really add something to our midfield.

690A98F6-7CB8-46DC-9FDD-CA0E48B62094.gif

Indeed. Incredibly unlikely we'd get any benefit from him except instability and uncertainty (and medical bills unfortunately).

His smoking, his attitude, his personality doesn't bother me. Wilder would sort that, he can’t overcome injuries so its pointless and certainly not worth the risk.

Thing is keeping the lad fit is a nightmare he would be a quality signing and real quality when fit.

Pay as you play deal.
I have some magic beans if you’re interested in buying them. About as much chance of them coming good as signing Wilshere ending in anything other than frustration.

Back
Top Bottom