Incoming? Jack Cork

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This is the sort of deal we should be in for, getting players already with PL experience and avoiding a fee as well.

I saw the comment in the Star that he is more defensive and that Lunny is more attacking but the only DM we have is Ampadu and he's only on loan. I appreciate we have Berge but he can do more damage marauding forward and being difficult to dispossess. He also used to play as a striker in his younger days so his finishing is probably not too bad either - smart finish vs Wolves as an example last season.

Back to Cork, 31 is still not past it. He'd be a decent pick up provided we don't get relegated.

Wilder has had a bit of a hard-on for Cork for a while - usually gets in a mention of him when we play them.

meh... if we didn't already have 3 DM's in our ranks i might be keen on this... or if Cork was 21 years old. I'm not sure what we need right now is a 4th defensive midfielder, it's actually one of our better positions.

Seems like we are reinforcing all our decent positions yet again... when actually it's quite simple. 1xLCB and 1xRCM required... unless Cork could play RCM? Is that what i'm missing here? because he sounds like a DM by most accounts...

Plus, why are we not going for Ampadu at the end of the season? Sadly feels like we might've given up on him already

Cork to replace Lunny seems like an obvious choice.

We still need a CAM as well.

Wouldn’t mind it frees Berge up to exclusively play RCM and adds a lot of prem experience/model professionalism to what has been a very young group we’ve brought in. That said it won’t solve our creativity problems.

Bit of an underwhelming rumour if true, also got run ragged by fleck, lunny and Norwood last year. Hopefully a smokescreen for a decent transfer instead

Cork and Lunny out of contract in summer so could we just do a straight swap in January

Decent pragmatic player. But we are still desperate for some more technical ability or flair. Hopefully we are after some of that in the next 18 months. 🙄

An athletic midfielder for once. We need one like him and some play maker hopefully from abroad that can beat a man. Will need players like this for the champ as well.

Not exactly the game changer we need.

Would have been a good signing 7 years ago

Only 10 years late since Foxy tried to talk his dad into getting him here.

Back
Top Bottom